The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Whew, near the end I was scared that they would keep open the possibility of Damian Wayne in the future. But nope, not in this continuity.

Also, it's cool that Bruce and Seina finally got the ending they really couldn't get together way back in Batman Returns.

Well I saw the movie today. I was too busy to see it till now and tried to say away from all news about it then some ass at my new job spoiled it for me on purpose. Heard him talking to someone about it and I tell the jerk. "Hey I haven't seen it yet" he kept talking. I ended up learning about What happens but not How it happens. When you're the new person you try to be nice to everyone and take their advice those first few weeks. This guy just has to be an ass when I'm in a position that forces me to be nice. I'm think I'm gonna start calling him out on it from now on.

The movie was still good. I just don't get all the story stuff that happens outside of Gotham. Cobra Commander to me seemed to main character of the movie. He got a lot of screen time. Then from some odd reason I was doing Bane's voice on the drive back home.

The movie was still good. I just don't get all the story stuff that happens outside of Gotham. Cobra Commander to me seemed to main character of the movie. He got a lot of screen time. Then from some odd reason I was doing Bane's voice on the drive back home.

But...were you able to understand yourself on that drive home?

I took my fiancee' and her girlfriend to go see it Tuesday. Walking into the theater, we were met by the new security guards doing a visual check as we walked through the new, bottle-necked opening. Going into the theater, I looked over the wall to see who was already there, picking some obscure place to sit. We ended up all the way in the back towards the middle. All of us admitted to looking at the exits. As people came in (and during the movie), everybody in the seats looked their way in unison as if on cue. During the movie, I had to use the restroom. As I was walking down the stairs, gunfire erupted on-screen just as I walked by a guy on his cellphone in the end seat. It freaked him out and he jumped, fumbling his phone (which I wanted to throw anyway). I stifled a laugh, but understood his reaction. I was wearing black pants and a maroon shirt, so everything was dark-colored. Walking out into the hall, there was a Pittsfield Township police officer roaming the hall. Coming back, I was met by a security guard at the entrance to the theater, asking for my ticket stub to re-enter. After the movie, everyone was really quiet when leaving. It was a bizarre situation to say the least, but the movie itself was pretty good.

Gotta love Cat Woman...Mee-ow!

Theater I went to had only 8 people watching it and they still had an usher walk in 2 times to check the emergency exits.

One thing I didn't get. If Bane's terrorists & escaped criminals were having a mock trials to put Gotham's wealthy to death why keep feeding all those cops in the sewers? They were more than willing to kill people. If they just let them starve to death they wouldn't have to worry about them getting out and attacking them.

Because they were the League if Shadows, and their mantra involved using hope to crush people in dispair. If the cops are verifiably alive, then the citizens will keep hope of being saved.

Finally saw it yesterday and loved it. I've been anxious to see Hardy's Bane and it didn't disappoint. There were only one or two words I didn't understand. He was easily my favorite villain of these Nolan films.

Overall I think this was my favorite of the series.

Because they were the League if Shadows, and their mantra involved using hope to crush people in dispair. If the cops are verifiably alive, then the citizens will keep hope of being saved.

Yup, Keith makes some good points.

Plus the trapped cops make a great bargaining chip/hostage. Keeps the outside world at bay. And makes any internal resistance movement think twice about the actions they take.

Watched it again.

And loved it. All the answers to my previous questions are in the film. Just took some carefull attention and getting out of the spoon feeding story telling of common meh films.

It's a brilliant film. And after solving all the motives is now one of my all time favorites.

Just came back from seeing it. I guess that I'm in the minority, but I thought it was pretty mediocre. It was a three hour movie about Joseph Gordan-Levitt with 20 minutes of Batman, and for all the liberties they took with the characters, it was kind of predictable.

saw it today as well. I actually liked it. I still prefer the first one but this one was a signifigant improvement over the last one (which I found incredibly meh). I'm cool with three hours of Joseph Gordan-levitt, I like him as an actor and found his character interesting. less time spent on Batman means less time having to listen to Bales stupid grumble grumble voice, which is a plus in my book. speaking of stupid voices, I really didn't like how bane was voiced. I like tom hardy, but god damn it was the accent he chose aweful. It's not even the fact he was hard to understand, it's the fact that every other instance in which he spoke he sounded like god damn Sean Connery in The Untouchables. I just couldn't take him seriously with that voice (and the goofy mask didn't help matters).

And on the subject of goofy things, 'The Bat' was absolutely moronic. I thought it was stupid looking before I saw the movie but seeing it in action and having it's design explained did absolutely nothing to change my mind (honestly it made me hate it even more). It's a giant flying lobster exposed spinning blades strategicly placed throughout it to optimise the chances of horrificly killing ground crew. Honestly though, all of Batman's vehicles are nonsensical and doofy so I guess it's par for the course.

That said, there was a lot to love. Joseph Gordan-levitt was great and I really loved Anne hathaway, their characters where perhapse my favorite parts of the movie. Michael Cain, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman where all great as usual and I absolutely loved Cillian Murphy's cameo.

All and all, the secondary and side characters really made the movie for me. Bane and Talia were an improvement over TDK's villans but I still prefered Liam Neeson and Cillian Murphy.

So is

Blake

going to take up the mantle of the bat or what?

Not as Batman. As Robin yes.

It's much more fun to imagine Nolan is actually a big M7 fan and they're all chanting "Nekki! Nekki! Basara, Basara" :)

Please, let's not infect Batman with that horrifying Basara cancer that's ruined Macross.

Not as Batman. As Robin yes.

Please, let's not infect Batman with that horrifying Basara cancer that's ruined Macross.

That's not how I took it? The whole movie kept talking about how the individual wearing the suit doesn't matter...it's the symbol of the batman that matters. His name just happened to be Robin but I took it he was going to carry on the legacy....though I guess everyone thinking Batman was dead would cheapen things a bit if suddenly Batman showed up again....crap now I'm not sure Lol!

Chris

saw it today as well. I actually liked it. I still prefer the first one but this one was a signifigant improvement over the last one (which I found incredibly meh). I'm cool with three hours of Joseph Gordan-levitt, I like him as an actor and found his character interesting. less time spent on Batman means less time having to listen to Bales stupid grumble grumble voice, which is a plus in my book. speaking of stupid voices, I really didn't like how bane was voiced. I like tom hardy, but god damn it was the accent he chose aweful. It's not even the fact he was hard to understand, it's the fact that every other instance in which he spoke he sounded like god damn Sean Connery in The Untouchables. I just couldn't take him seriously with that voice (and the goofy mask didn't help matters).

And on the subject of goofy things, 'The Bat' was absolutely moronic. I thought it was stupid looking before I saw the movie but seeing it in action and having it's design explained did absolutely nothing to change my mind (honestly it made me hate it even more). It's a giant flying lobster exposed spinning blades strategicly placed throughout it to optimise the chances of horrificly killing ground crew. Honestly though, all of Batman's vehicles are nonsensical and doofy so I guess it's par for the course.

That said, there was a lot to love. Joseph Gordan-levitt was great and I really loved Anne hathaway, their characters where perhapse my favorite parts of the movie. Michael Cain, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman where all great as usual and I absolutely loved Cillian Murphy's cameo.

All and all, the secondary and side characters really made the movie for me. Bane and Talia were an improvement over TDK's villans but I still prefered Liam Neeson and Cillian Murphy.

Honestly, yeah, I'll give them major props for Gordan-Levitt's character. He's a good actor who made his character a compelling one. And yeah, Anne Hathaway is a much better Catwoman than I thought she'd be.

But I'm sorry, Tom Hardy's Bane was a bland character who bore only a superficial resemblance to the comic book character. And I'm sorry, but three hours of Bruce Wayne feeling sorry for himself, deciding to be Batman again only to get the crap kicked out of him, then spending months in some prison only to miraculously find the resolve to get out just in time to save the day isn't particularly entertaining. At least, not to me.

I must admit, as an old aerospace engineering student, the Bat made me wince - especially when I saw the blades underneath the fuselage! Where does the downflow air come from? But it looks cool.

the top of the bat is a big honeycomb structure with those big plates on top but there's still a big clearance between the plates and the honeycomb for the rotors to suck air through.

Honestly, yeah, I'll give them major props for Gordan-Levitt's character. He's a good actor who made his character a compelling one. And yeah, Anne Hathaway is a much better Catwoman than I thought she'd be.

But I'm sorry, Tom Hardy's Bane was a bland character who bore only a superficial resemblance to the comic book character. And I'm sorry, but three hours of Bruce Wayne feeling sorry for himself, deciding to be Batman again only to get the crap kicked out of him, then spending months in some prison only to miraculously find the resolve to get out just in time to save the day isn't particularly entertaining. At least, not to me.

That about sums it up for me, also. I've always enjoyed the trend of the "flawed, damaged" superhero stories such as Dark Knight, Toby's Spider Man, Watchmen, etc. but in this movie Bruce Wayne was just pathetic. Nevertheless, I'm going to be seeing it again for the sake of other people and deciphering what Bane was saying...

LOL. I wonder what they put in your pop-corn.

Then again I'm also in the minority that the Avengers was a action comedy for emo kids.

Bud, it was a super boost for emo-kids. The way the whole Avenger team went all petty and emo on each other. LOL

The scene with the blood on the cards, Lol, totally emo.

Yeah... no. If the blood on the cards was because they cut themselves, then maybe.

The Avengers wasn't emo. Spidey in Spider-Man 3 was emo.

Yeah... no. If the blood on the cards was because they cut themselves, then maybe.

The Avengers wasn't emo. Spidey in Spider-Man 3 was emo.

That scene was pure emo. Oh yes, the ultimate mutant soldier and genius billionaire change their minds to save the world when seeing blood on the cards. LOL

Ok... Let me rephrase myself, Avengers is life boost for emo kids.

Bud, it was a super boost for emo-kids. The way the whole Avenger team went all petty and emo on each other. LOL

The scene with the blood on the cards, Lol, totally emo.

So getting motivation from a cherished item of a fallen comrade is emo But walking around moping about how the world needs changing and doing nothing about it isn't. Please explain

Also Spiderman 3 was emo.