The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

A medical student. Hmm.

He might have shot people saying "this town needs an enema!"

Um...no, dude.

So something clearly F***ed-up from the education programming, right into adulthood that spawns such incidents. And our beloved society thinks the solution is prison and execution, but it's solving the circumstances that repeat such incidents.

I just don't buy into the philosophy that says people don't have the ability to make their own choices, regardless of what circumstancial ubrining they have have had. You can tortue someone for 20 years, then let them out on the street, and they will likely make one of two decisions.

-This is the way the world is, and now i'm gonna go do that to someone else

-That sucked, I'm never going to do to someone what was done to me.

Get it? Sure it's more complex than that, but utlimately, things come down to a simple decision.

With that said, haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, but I should be in by Sunday at the latest. Just not sure if I want to take the time to watch Begins & Dark Knight again first.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

I'd rather focus my energies on them and their families than waste time on that a**hole. He got caught alive, and society will deal with and punish him accordingly.

To add my comments on the film, just got back from watching it and enjoyed the experience.

A review on KROQ said it pretty well: it may not be the greatest film around, but it's still seriously good.

Other comments:

* I had a feeling something was odd about Marion Cotillard's character. Figured she was the "trigger." But didn't peg her to be Talia! :ph34r: Very nice twist there!

* I agree with Negotiator: there's about 10 to 20 percent of Bane's and/or Bat's dialogue that's hard to decipher.

* So for those that saw that "Man of Steel. . . . . 2013" trailer before TDKR, anyone else think to themselves: "And in 2014, JUSTICE LEAGUE" :p

* Liked all the tie-ins to the first two films; made it definitely feel like a more closely-knitted trilogy.

* "Death. . . . by exile!" :lol: Oh Dr. Crane, you cheeky bastard!

* Kinda wished we saw more of Bat's detective skills. But with the direction this film went, I understand its omission.

Edited by Mog

Just got back from it. It's not the best in the trilogy, but it was still an awesome movie. The last third is a little muddled - but the performances were awesome. I don't get the issues with Bane's accent. I thought it was perfectly fine. But then again, as an Australian I travelled to the US a couple of times, and have met many people there who were surprised that English was my first language.

Edited by PetarB

I'm still that Batman Begins was the best Batman film in the trilogy. Very true in every aspect of the caped detective.

The Dark Knight was a masterpiece with a lot of credit going to Ledger's work, and clearly was meant to be about a villain for the supposedly original third film.

Unfortunately The Dark Knight Rises very much feels like a "Plan-B" after Ledger's death, and tried too hard to trump over the second film by adding more at the sacrifice of a less Batman.

Good movie, but I had 2 issues, 1 I of which was well aware of possibly happening which is 1) Bane regardless of having to obviously go back and dub over later, was still hard to understand at times. But then 2) The music was so loud at times that it was hard to understand anyone with lines.

From the net, this issue is worldwide. Hopefully they'll fix it for the Blu-Ray.

Odd, I didn't have any of the audio issues with dialog people are describing. Besides Bale's way-too-nasally-Batman I was able to hear what the characters were saying just fine.

Will probably see it again in a different location so I'll see if I can tell a difference.

-b.

Pff, I can do bale's batman impression with my hands behind my back, blinde folded and drinkin a bottle of whiskey reading his lines and probably get an oscar in the end. His voice was no more inspiring than watching paint dry after the first movie. Not too mention his mouth just kind of hanging open like a tunnel....dunno why, maybe jus to hard to breath in the suit?

I did see the movie again today. And I think this theater had a blown speaker somewhere cause it was even worse to hear what was going on than the first time.

Just got back from The Dark Knight Rises. Very pleased. A solid film and a fine finish to the trilogy. Bale's Batman was awesome yet again (with one of the best comedic lines in the entire film), Hardy's Bane was every bit as vicious and terrifying as I could have hoped and Anne Hathaway simply OWNS Catwoman....WOW! I think The Dark Knight will likely remain my favorite of the three films, but Rises is just that special kind of film that will create a lot of debate about which fans like more. Well done Nolan and company! Thank you for one of the best movie trilogies of all time. BRAVO!

Ya I think the mask doesn't let him breath through his nose very well.

given where the blood was on the bandages, I don't think he has much of a nose left

edit: haha, I thought we were talking about bane.. lol

Edited by eugimon

I could understand Bane just as many times as I could understand Bale's Batman voice, which is roughly 90-95% of the time. It didn't bother me much. Although, I'll still be watching with subs on when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD cuz I can't understand what lots of people are saying anymore. Maybe it's me, but I'm finding that I'm turning on subs/CC on TV shows and movies more lately. Anybody else doing that?

I could understand Bane just as many times as I could understand Bale's Batman voice, which is roughly 90-95% of the time. It didn't bother me much. Although, I'll still be watching with subs on when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD cuz I can't understand what lots of people are saying anymore. Maybe it's me, but I'm finding that I'm turning on subs/CC on TV shows and movies more lately. Anybody else doing that?

Have you gone to the doctor?

I've done that my whole life but I'm deaf on my left and only have 40% on my right... :wacko:

Watching The Dark Knight on TNT because I'm too lazy to put on a Blu Ray and too tired to play any games and it hit me. I've been remiss for not talking about Michael Caine as Alfred, he's been great in the previous two films and he was outstanding in this as well.

It's easy to see or say that Anne Hathaway stole the show with her portrayal of Catwoman but Michael Caine had some pretty powerful moments as Alfred.

-b.

Depends on the film and upon the actors. Most films and most actors, it's not a problem. But even in the best of films and with the best actors, dialog sometimes just doesn't come out. On some rare ocassions I do turn to subtitles or look up the script online. Not sure why that happens (my hearing is excellent) but it does. I often doubly surprised when I fail to hear dialog properly because I watch a LOT of film and most dialog is context, so even if I don't hear the exact words, I understand the context. When both fail, it's a surreal moment :)

Watching The Dark Knight on TNT because I'm too lazy to put on a Blu Ray and too tired to play any games and it hit me. I've been remiss for not talking about Michael Caine as Alfred, he's been great in the previous two films and he was outstanding in this as well.

It's easy to see or say that Anne Hathaway stole the show with her portrayal of Catwoman but Michael Caine had some pretty powerful moments as Alfred.

-b.

I found every actor firing on all cylinders in this final film, as was generally the case for the whole series. The acting has been really strong throughout, but I particularly enjoy the buddy team of Michael Cain and Christian Bale. Whether funny or dramatic, they are excellent together. I'd watch a film just with those two bantering with each other :)

I have a question related to the Colorado tragedy. Have the police finally gained entry into that f*cktard's apartment? From what I've heard, he had it booby-trapped with explosives to such a scale they had to send a robot into it. My condolonces go to the families. One of the victims was an aspiring television sportscaster who moved there from San Antonio, TX.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Speaking of Alfred:

During that last shot at the cafe, I was half-expecting Alfred to crack a smile and then BOOM cut to credits. . . . Inception style! :lol:

I walked out of the movie theater thinking the exact same thing, although I would have made the cut half a second earlier. But I can understand that this is a superhero movie, and the superhero does get to ride off into the sunset with the babe.

Overall, great movie.

Speaking of Alfred:

During that last shot at the cafe, I was half-expecting Alfred to crack a smile and then BOOM cut to credits. . . . Inception style! :lol:

I was expecting the same thing too! I'm glad they didn't pull an Inception though. There was no smile, but you could clearly see a "well done Master Wayne" expression.

I have a question related to the Colorado tragedy. Have the police finally gained entry into that f*cktard's apartment? From what I've heard, he had it booby-trapped with explosives to such a scale they had to send a robot into it. My condolonces go to the families. One of the victims was an aspiring television sportscaster who moved there from San Antonio, TX.

Hi guys, in respect to the victims and their families we should retire the Colorado discussions. Also in line with our 24 hr. RIP rules.

I found every actor firing on all cylinders in this final film, as was generally the case for the whole series. The acting has been really strong throughout, but I particularly enjoy the buddy team of Michael Cain and Christian Bale. Whether funny or dramatic, they are excellent together. I'd watch a film just with those two bantering with each other :)

Christian Bale's acting was very good in this one... possibly best of the trilogy, with TDK showcasing the least of his acting skills, but being my favourite movie in the trilogy.

IMO, Considering the comic movie triologies that have been weak in some portion of their respective sets, the Nolan Batman series has surpassed:

-The Ninja Turtles

-Blade

-Iron Man (the 3rd will suck without Favreau directing)

-Raimi's Spider-man

-Donner's Superman

-All the X-Men movies

-MiB

(in short, all of them)

It wasnt better than the Dark Knight, but then again it wasnt suppose to be like the Dark Knight, as the circumstances of the movie were completely different. All individually, great works of art. Together- a masterpiece.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

It wasnt better than the Dark Knight, but then again it wasnt suppose to be like the Dark Knight, as the circumstances of the movie were completely different. All individually, great works of art. Together- a masterpiece.

I was never expecting it to be better than The Dark Knight. The only expectation I was going in with was that it was an ending. And I got it. Did Nolan do what he wanted to do with this trilogy? Yes. And I came out satisfied with this movie. It tied all the films in the trilogy together in some form. Of the superhero trilogies that I have have seen so far, I came away extremely happy with this one. I came away feeling this is a superhero movie trilogy that was finally done right.

Well TDKR was plan-B after Ledger's passing, so already it lost two main aspects to surpass TDK.

Good film, best trilogy, but TDKR had too many flows and coincidences to be a masterpiece. But yeah, still way better than the Avengers comedy.

Still I think it's lame how the Joker wasn't mentioned once through out TDKR, especially with the whole Harvey revelation.

Undoubtedly the Joker would have left a greater mythos through out Gotham after the events of TDK. This is where I feel the TDKR script is short sighted.

Adfter thinking it over . I don't think it lived up to the hype. In honest parts of it sucked.

Please explain what put you off?

I'm still like WTF when after the prison he appears in Gotham and managed to bypass Bane's men.

Also didn't like the inclusion of Blake. Made it less about Batman, and more about Gotham's heroes.

What else, how yeah, like how the city is taken over by convicts, and three months later it's still clean, no looting or pillaging evidence in the streets.

And yes, the Batroachwing, was a little too unrealistic for Nolan's universe.

My view anyway.

Will still watch it again, and get the Blu-Ray.

If this was Plan B, it was one hell of a Plan B.

Bringing back the League of Shadows was a pretty solid move on Nolan's part. They're extremely organized, and they know almost all of Batman's moves and tricks.

The Joker's too much of a wild card (pardon the pun) to take down the whole city. Sure, he's just as liable to burn Gotham down to ashes. But I doubt he would have done it in such a systematic and multi-pronged way. He's too much of a walking ball of chaos to take down Gotham and Batman that way.

Besides I have a feeling the Joker would have shot Bane in the back, the first chance he got, just because he felt like it or because Bane took away his personal favorite foil in Bats.

Considering how things turned out with Ledger, I'm very happy with the endng. At this point, I'm not sure how they could have mentioned The Joker, aside from a passing comment about him escaping. Perhaps not addressing the issue was the best solution.

I also like how they covered thier bases here, they left the door nicely open for the use of either Batman in a future series or Jusitce League movie, depending on how much ball Bale wants to play with his wage, brilliant!

All in all, it was the ride I wanted it to be, tying in more with Begins than Dark Knight.

I just wish Qui Gon Jin had that level of cameo in Sith.

I also refuse to compare this with The Avengers, as they really are differently styled franchises. Both delivered equally this summer on their own terms.

Edited by Keith