The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

The storyline isn't based on any specific book, just like the last 2 movies. Bane is from the series Knighfall but I don't think they break Batman's back on this storyline, nor will Azreal show up. From the trailer it sounds like they taking the theme of the heatwave before the storm from Dark Knight Returns in the beginning.

So I guess you can pick up those collections and check out Batman:Year One and the beginning of the Catwoman books with the awesome Adam Hughes Covers.

Batman: Year One also just came out on video. People say it's more about the commissioner, but I think it's more about Bruce and Gordon than it is about Batman.

Couldn't they just have condensed this thing instead of people searching for the parts of it in comic books. BTW the hot toys batmobile is fawking huge!!!

Those are collections. That's 4 books or you can choose the video for Year One... can't get any easier than that. But you don't need it for the movie, you just need to watch the first 2.

Did you get the 80's version? That one looks saawheeet!

I was telling my friend that Leo and Juno will come out at the end and stand over Bruce Wayne's sleeping body and explain that they made the head of Wayne Industries believe that he's a superhero that dresses as a bat at night using his team from Inception.

That put a smile on my face. I was thinking something similar, this may be all very 'meta' for Bruce/Neo...

I just saw the trailer. Special effects seem really cool. Never been a fan of Batman...always been a fan of Spiderman. I have no idea about the books or comics but I guess I'll watch this for the sake of the hype and to enjoy a good action movie. haha 2012 is full of good movies!

By the looks of it, this film is anything but knightfall. Might probably slightly be closer to the game, Arkham city. Here's probably why... (Based mainly on rumours)

Yes Bane defeats Batman, injures his leg, and Batman is forced in hiding from new Gotham, which is run criminals.

Talia plots against Batman whilst still trying to convert him to run the league of shadows.

It's actually Talia that becomes Batman's love interest in this film.

Scarecrow apparently makes his appearance as a judge with a jury of prisoners.

Follows alot on Bane tearing down Harvey's image.

Catwoman teams up with Batman to save Gotham and defeat Bane.

Well, there's my view which could be completely wrong as it's based of the internet and watching the trailer too many times. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe he will later in the movie. IIRC, in TDK he only came to Fox asking for a different type of armor and better head movement after that scene with Scarecrow at the parking lot.

Kind of off-topic, but I wonder how Hot Toys will find an excuse to re-issue yet another TDKR fig using the same costume if it does remain the same throughout the third movie. Either way, I hope they DO release a Batman fig, since I missed out on the TDK DX fig last year.

Kind of off-topic, but I wonder how Hot Toys will find an excuse to re-issue yet another TDKR fig using the same costume if it does remain the same throughout the third movie. Either way, I hope they DO release a Batman fig, since I missed out on the TDK DX fig last year.

I'm sure there will be at least one new gadget that wasn't in the last movie that will warrant them reissuing the figure all over again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Christ

And in 2013 they will announce the reboot.

You're probably right. Christ, I hate this ever tightening spiral that Hollywood is into, with the recycling/reboots. Hell, seems like it used to be that they'd at least wait a decade or two before they'd start rehashing the same sh*t over and over. But now? *groan*

Came across not to long ago, can't remember the damn link, but mentioned if the reboot happens, it will be a comic book approuch. Which might mean Batman will don grey and alongside him will be... Robin.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebooted Batman but it might be a few years. The last of Tim Burton's Batman movies before the Nolan movies was over ten years ago. DC's reboots seem to take more time than Marvel's do. They rebooted Superman, but the last one was what nearly ten years ago? Hollywood has shown that it will run with a successful franchise till it's no longer profitable/popular/relevant.

Alright, so who will be cast as the next Batman. To cash in on the Twilight/Hunger Games craze, he'll have to be a lot younger than Bale, perhaps a tweenimagining of Year One, with Teenage Bruce Wayne fighitng crime by night, and going to high school by day.

I hope not, that would be a slap in the face for what Chris Nolan has accomplished.

because 7+ hours of Christian Bale gravel voice is such a valuable contribution to cinematic history. :rolleyes:

^^Yeah, I wish Bale would have consulted Kevin Conroy about how he does his particular Batman voice. It's probably the best around.

Regarding the last Superman film, I don't think you can really call it a reboot. If anything, it was way too beholden to the original 80's Superman films.