1/320 Macross Kits

MechTech

Hey My Fellow Sprue Heads,

I saw these on E-Bay: 1/320th Kits On E-Bay

These are those rare 1/320th kits you see in the model kit ad inserts, but the kits are never anywhere to be found (even 25 years ago).

Has anyone built these before? I'd love any background info you guys might have. There were 7 for sale there at Kimono My House, now there's 5 thanks to me ^_^ I'm thinking it would be cool to put these with a 1/350th carrier (even though they're slightly off scale. I hope this helps increase someone's collection like mine :) - MT

Those are super cool! I've seen them and been tempted several times, but I've never been able to bring myself to pay that much for such tiny pieces of plastic. They must have found a small stash of them. I've never seen so many (wow, seven! :p ) available at one time before. Isn't there even another set with a Zent soldier in armor as one of the pieces? I could be wrong about that though.

Let us know what you think of them when they arrive.

I have a few of the 1st and 2nd sets. The one I'm still looking for is the 3rd set. That one has the phalanx in it. The detail is alright for plastic for that size from that time. I like the Regults and the Tomahawks myself. I have painted one Tomahawk and will post a picture tomorrow once my camera battery is charged. I'm looking at repainting it and adding some more details now that my skill has improved over the years. My plan is to use them in a diorama with 1/285th micro armor. The 1/350 carrier is an interesting idea.

I'm curious if these are the same sculpts used for some of the rubber eraser products. These were pictured in the back of some of the THIS IS ANIMATION Macross volumes back in the 80s.

Neptunesurvey, I'm looking forward to seeing your photo!

Thanks for the help guys. I had no clue there are THREE sets of these! I second the photo request too please :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure if they are the same, but Jardann is correct about FASA using the Nichimo kits. I had two each of the Glaug/Battle pods. I even had the dropship (the Minerva from Crusher Joe). I thought, "how cool to come across a little known secret and I could just pop down to my local game store for a Macross fix!"

Theeraser sculpture I'm clueless on since I've never seen them before (except posts here).

I found a 1/350th model of the USS Wasp amphib with complete aircraft compliment. Then there's the good ole' Tamiya Enterprise and all the great aicraft and goodies they make in that scale that they DON'T in 1/200th scale :angry: OK, pulling in the reins... - MT

FASA used the 1/200 Nichimo kits I believe. Those were a bit bigger and have very nice proportions.

Ok thanks. I've got a full set of the Nichimo kits and yes they are pretty good considering their size.

Edited by thegunny

Thanks for posting the photos (even if they were in the wrong thread ^_^ ) It looks like they'll need a little detail work if I build them, but not too bad overall. Thak again!