On which valk to place the striker parts?

dreadnought

1/48 super and strike Parts go to:  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1/48 valk to get Strike parts?

• VF-1J Hikaru
    • VF-1S Roy (yellow)
    • VF-1S HIkaru (red) + VF-1A hikaru
    • VF-1A Kakizaki
    • VF-1A Max

I have a big problem:

I have numerous 1/48 VF-1's but only 1 1/48 set of super and strike parts (thanks to yamato for not reissuing then :( and me not willing to pay exhuburant amounts for an extra one). As i don't like the parts without the decals i need to put on matching ones with the valkyrie that will get the parts. Only with HIkaru i can put the red crossbone decals on it and place it on 2 models (VF-1A and VF-1S), all the rest of the decals serves only 1 valkyrie.

So you guys decide in my place :) or give me hints ?

I'd suggest going for the red skull and crossbones that pertain to both DYRL VF-1A and VF-1S Hikaru. Using the same S/S packs you can switch them out and set the scene for both the opening and final battle scene by just switching out the Beam Cannon.

^_^

Do we see Hikaru use the strike cannon though? I know Roy does when he is attempting his rescue. That aside, I think you have a good point.

VF-1S ROY, it just looks right to me.

Although I do get your point about the red skull working with both the "hiki" valks. Actually the more I think about it, I would leave Roy's in fighter without the strike gear and have Hikaru's VF-1S in battroid with the strike gear in that classic DYRL pose with all the weapons pointed forward.

Just my 2 cents worth....

I just put on the strike pack on my 1/48 roy last night.

Never realized how cool it was since I have previously put it on only in the plane mode.

The 1:48 is such an awesome toy...but add the GBP or the Strike Armor...man, it is one intimidating mech!

I put one of my strike cannons on Millia's TV 1J a few weeks back. That cannon is just awesome. Too bad the TV valks didn't come with the strike cannon.

For the S/S parts, it's gotta be with a 1S. Roy's, Hikaru's, it's your choice. I think it'd look best on MAX's, but of course it would mean that you'd have to do a little modifying yourself !

Edited by connor99

Hikaru-1S, of course.

Always.

Really cannot have a "naked" Hikaru-1S. It'll be quite very wrong.

The Roy-1S can do without the Strike-FPs, tho it does look better with 'em on.

The 1A and the 1J really should not be paired with Strike-FPs, but if that floats your boat...

Edited by treatment

For the S/S parts, it's gotta be with a 1S. Roy's, Hikaru's, it's your choice. I think it'd look best on MAX's, but of course it would mean that you'd have to do a little modifying yourself !

I'd love a 1/48 VF-1S max, but yamato did not give us one!! Heavy shame on them!!! Wonder why not, it's just a recolor. I still prefer 1/48 over the 1/60's even if the 1/60's are newer.

Do we see Hikaru use the strike cannon though? I know Roy does when he is attempting his rescue. That aside, I think you have a good point.

Were you asleep during the final battle? :lol:

I'd love a 1/48 VF-1S max, but yamato did not give us one!! Heavy shame on them!!! Wonder why not, it's just a recolor. I still prefer 1/48 over the 1/60's even if the 1/60's are newer.

We're on the same boat. The v2 1:60's are great, if you can get one without any of the issues plaguing the entire line. The 1/48's are just easier to handle, and I don't feel like it's going to break when I transform it.

• 3 weeks later...

I thank you all for voting.

My problem is sorta fixed as i managed to buy a second strik parts set today :), not exactly cheap, but what hobby is?

I decided to put the first set on the red VF-1S Hikaru, teh second will go on fokkers VF-1S

Also today i bought a 1/48 VF-1A mass production version, my 1/48 VF-1 collection is becomming quite conplete :)

I thank you all for voting.

My problem is sorta fixed as i managed to buy a second strik parts set today :), not exactly cheap, but what hobby is?

I decided to put the first set on the red VF-1S Hikaru, teh second will go on fokkers VF-1S

Also today i bought a 1/48 VF-1A mass production version, my 1/48 VF-1 collection is becomming quite conplete :)

Take some pics and show us!

The 1:48 VF-1 CF is a great toy. I really like the colors on that one! I just made a CF 1J 1:48 custom. Love my 1:48's!

Not that it so much matters anymore... but I once had a similar issue when I got my first v.2 1/60 strike pack (I've since bought 3 more strike sets, Hikaru 1S, and the newer Max and Kaki strike sets, so now I can do two dual strike cannon setups :D).

I wasn't so worried about accuracy in my case though.. in terms of pure aesthetics, I'd ALWAYS go with the black skulls, just because the black will match any of the DYRL valks, and black with the skull matches the tails (not to mention the original VF-84 scheme).

Honestly, I never really understood color-coding the packs' markings.. I mean, by the standard set by Roy's scheme in SDFM (going by just the canopy shield), they should have all been black to begin with.. but then DYRL came along, and Roy's scheme was the odd one out, who should've had a yellow canopy shield and pack markings to match.

In the end.. I never put ANY stickers on. :lol: I just don't like using them much, and I usually don't display the valks with packs anyway.

Take some pics and show us!

The 1:48 VF-1 CF is a great toy. I really like the colors on that one! I just made a CF 1J 1:48 custom. Love my 1:48's!

I will take new Collection pics as soon as i buy a second detolf cabinet to put my macross in. They are really big and need alot of space to display.