Five Star Stories Reboot

CrusherJ

On 11/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, Big s said:

The difficulty isn’t too bad, but the modern mg kits are totally easy mode as far as kits go. These you often have as somewhat simple frame, maybe a bit of seam work in the frame as well as outer armor. You may have more work with painting since the frame will often be under armor parts that also need seam line work, so more masking than the average mg kit. Some kits have thin fragile parts, so figuring out a stand is something to consider as well 

Thank you.I think i should be able to make it. After so many HG and old kits built i am ready for something new. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

The Ourtreasure blog has a release date of the IP Junchoon at late July, with pre-orders starting on Feb. 24th. Price is 7.800 Yen + taxes.

http://ourtreasure.co.jp/2023/02/20/インジェクションキット「エンゲージsr3-後期型」/

Will the preorder be available at regular hobby sites, or just through them?

According to the HLJ's product item description, the first production run will include a set of PVC hands and die-cast feet. If what arrived didn't have it, then it was not part of the first run. Take a chance now and place an order in the hopes that you'll get the first production run. ;) 

https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-five-star-stories-engage-sr3-late-junone-ots00045

By the way, this is a fixed posed kit that is based on the original 1/100 scale resin kit.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 2/24/2023 at 12:21 PM, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. That looks lovely. L-Gaim's big brother. :wub:  

Bandai really need to add this series to their Robot Damashii lineup. But hope they don't charge it as Metal Build pricing. :spiteful:

Mamoru Nagano will NEVER let Bandai touch his baby lol

By the way, this is a fixed posed kit that is based on the original 1/100 scale resin kit.

It's also molded entirely in gray plastic so you have to paint everything.  FSS is never permitted to be casual. 🤡

Also fun fact on that Junone model kit, the person in charge of designing it is Hiroyuki Motoki from T-REX. That name should be familiar here because it's the same guy that designed most of the Yamato and Arcadia Valks, along with many of Sen-ti-nel's products.

https://www.t-rextoys.co.jp/works2.html

An Arcadia or Riobot Five Star Stories toy will never happen but we can dream.

Edited by VF8000G

• 3 weeks later...

HMM Something to look out for in the near future: Last Junchoon. Made by the same guy who sculpted the Our Treasure model kit:

I love this design so much it's not even funny.  I've seen accusations that it looks too much like a Katoki Gundam, and that may be why I like it haha (heresy to za FSS fans).

Edited by VF8000G

7 minutes ago, VF8000G said:

HMM Something to look out for in the near future: Last Junchoon. Made by the same guy who sculpted the Our Treasure model kit:

I love this design so much it's not even funny.  I've seen accusations that it looks too much like a Katoki Gundam, and that may be why I like it haha (heresy to za FSS fans).

Will it have the weird human face option?

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

Will it have the weird human face option?

No it's a different design than the plastic model. And that doesn't come with a human face either, I doubt anyone even cares about it.

Edit for more Last Junchoon. I can't stop gushing over this. I would give an arm and a leg for a Metal Build that looks exactly like this.  And a Ver Ka. MG too (that was a joke FSS fans)

Edited by VF8000G

2 hours ago, VF8000G said:

That would be a first because I don't think ANY FSS plakit to date has been snapfit, not even older IMS.

I say somewhat, because you can kind of assemble them and they can sometimes stay together for the most part, but the cement will hold them together more permanently. The early ones like the Bang Doll needed glue immediately or there’d be a mess of parts everywhere, but the newer ones feel like less work getting them together for test fitting 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 7:09 AM, VF8000G said:

The ultra-expensive Volks resin kits are being sold on the US site.  WOW at these prices.

https://volksusa.store/collections/figure-garage-kits?availability=true&brand=F.S.S.+x+VOLKS

4518992228228_1_1_570x570.jpg

$500 for this, and you have to build and paint it yourself.  And I thought Arcadia's prices were out of control. 

That’s pretty common for resin kits, especially when they are 1/100 scale. But even 1/144 kits are getting up there.

Personally, I never could afford them and usually just hope my favorites get made into plastic.

Oh crap, thank you for the link. They also have posted a bunch of IMS event liniyed kits such as the Led Mirage Inferno Napalm ver.2023 (clear armor) limited edition for msrp. Sure beat the 500-600 through 2nd hand channels!

On 4/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, Big s said:

That’s pretty common for resin kits, especially when they are 1/100 scale. But even 1/144 kits are getting up there.

Personally, I never could afford them and usually just hope my favorites get made into plastic.

I think I'm just spoiled with modern toys and (Bandai) model kits.  I don't know if resin even has any appeal left beyond people who were into anime in the 80s and 90s which was where most FSS fans came from. 

Edited by VF8000G

2 hours ago, VF8000G said:

I think I'm just spoiled with modern toys and (Bandai) model kits.  I don't know if resin even has any appeal left beyond people who were into anime in the 80s and 90s which was where most FSS fans came from. 

There’s probably gonna be a market for resin cast kits for a bit. The biggest change is that many newer garage kits will be more 3D printed and are becoming more available either by files or made to be sold by people with a printer. For example, I was on Newtpe USA and they have a 3D printed conversion for the hguc geara Doga that has the heavy weapons backpack and included sleeves for the unicorn version. Times are definitely changing, and I’m not sure how many old school resin cast garage kits will be around in a few years 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:29 PM, Rock said:

1/100 IMS Led Mirage V3. 3007 Delta Belun ceremonial version. + Light Veils, Lance, and larger head crest.

I literally just bought the Volks resin SAV version of this.  Maybe if I buy the resin LED Mirage with Boomerang unit I have my eye on, they will announce the IMS version.  In any case, I am glad they are still pumping out the IMS kits.  They are a lot more complex than gunpla but are quite fun to build in the end.  The lance on this one will be longer than the flame launcher on the Inferno Napalm.

2 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

I literally just bought the Volks resin SAV version of this.  Maybe if I buy the resin LED Mirage with Boomerang unit I have my eye on, they will announce the IMS version.  In any case, I am glad they are still pumping out the IMS kits.  They are a lot more complex than gunpla but are quite fun to build in the end.  The lance on this one will be longer than the flame launcher on the Inferno Napalm.

I have a feeling that the boomerang unit is coming soon 

8 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

I actually have the old Wave 1/100 resin I butchered 20 years ago. I had planned to rob the shields and lance from for my IMS kit to make this.

I looked into grabing the old Wave Boomerang/Sarion plastic kit but hell, It'll be 3x cheaper to just wait for the future IMS version's release.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I have a feeling that the boomerang unit is coming soon 

Does this V3 version of the Mirage even have the boomerang unit?  I only recall seeing it on old versions with the flat feet.

And speaking of old kits, the Volks GGI KOG looks so derpy next to the IMS lol.  IDK why scaling between FSS models is so wacky and inconsistent, these are both supposed to be 1/100?!

Edited by VF8000G