I saw SDF-1 in Taipei!

gigawatt

Thanks guys. :D

Here is a 1280x720 one, a 1920x1080 and a 2560x1440 one for those who have Full HD monitor. :p

All images are 16:9.

Sorry about the SDF-1, I didn't put those little parts on when I took the pic. :wacko:

post-13639-129523800913_thumb.jpg

post-13639-129523803133_thumb.jpg

post-13639-129523805393_thumb.jpg

Edited by gigawatt

Thanks guys. :D

Here is a 1280x720 one and a 1920x1080 one for those who have Full HD monitor. :p

All images are 16:9.

Sorry about the SDF-1, I didn't put those little parts on when I took the pic. :wacko:

Two things I find truly outstanding about this work.

1. You nailed the sunset glow underneath the macross! Not an easy thing and too often over looked by artists

2. The people in the foreground really bring out the illusion of reality. I have a few projects in the pipeline with the same idea.

The only thing missing is the shadows on the water... ;)

B))

The only thing missing is the shadows on the water... ;)

B))

Hardly. If you look closely, you'll see the freight-can cranes directly under the ship, and at that size perspective, you might see it as the Macross being beyond those cranes (which, at the size of the Macross, would be plausible).

Just a thought.

Thanks.

I did put a shadow over the water. Maybe too dim?

Do u guys think the water surface is too claim? Someone think there should be some big wavesx as the ship is huge.

Hard to say, I don't have the math to work it out. What's the ship's mass? Is it all lifted by the middle thruster banks? Or does it use AG? If we have a mass figure, and the whole weight is lifted by the thrusters, then you can come up with a per-nozzle thrust figure and probably from there plus altitude you could work out how much energy is reaching the surface. I definitely wouldn't want it to fly over my house, put it that way. :)

Nice pic, btw. I like the underside glow too.

Crits: the lights are too even - with visible haze in the pic, the lights towards the stern - which are 1200m further from the camera than those at the bow - should be noticeably dimmer. Also, it's the movie version. :p

Simply astounding. Welcome to the forums and bravo on your picture. Your sure know how to make an entrance! :)

Do you have any higher resolution versions of this picture that are larger than 1980 x 1080? When a picture is this good, I always want something I can continue to enjoy as monitor resolutions continue to grow :)

The constant application of a downward thrust onto the surface of the water would displace so much, it'd probably send several feet of that water into the city. Not to mention, the winds being kicked up throughout the bay would pretty much demolish anything that wasn't firmly anchored to the ground near the coastline. It'd have to be anti-gravity.

I think your picture is great without altering the water effects too much. I do agree that maybe a bit of a shadow should be cast onto the water, but it's otherwise quite believable... relatively speaking.

The ship uses anti-gravity. Look at every scene it's lifting in any Macross anime, except the first time the anti-gravity generators rip out. Plot science has taken care of water displacement.

The shadow could be more definite and the lights could be more varied, but it's better than anything I've ever done :p

You know, I just noticed the fighters flying over.

Simply astounding. Welcome to the forums and bravo on your picture. Your sure know how to make an entrance! :)

Do you have any higher resolution versions of this picture that are larger than 1980 x 1080? When a picture is this good, I always want something I can continue to enjoy as monitor resolutions continue to grow :)

You can find them on post #8. :)

AS I remember, SDF-1 is equipped with anti-gravity system. Just checked out the TV episode 2. The ship was left off without any breeze.

The ship uses anti-gravity. Look at every scene it's lifting in any Macross anime, except the first time the anti-gravity generators rip out. Plot science has taken care of water displacement.

The shadow could be more definite and the lights could be more varied, but it's better than anything I've ever done :p

You know, I just noticed the fighters flying over.

Yea, That's what I think.

And the VF-1s are small, but might be still too big compare to the SDF-1, but I don't wanna make it so tiny like some little dots... :wacko: