Yamato Sale Part Duex

BlueMax

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know how HLJ handles backordered items that are on sale in an active order? Is it like a rain-cheque, meaning you will get the item for the sale price when they are back in stock? Or if by the time the item is there and the sale is over do they charge full price? I am curious as I have two 1/60 strike packs and a 1/60 VF-1J which are both backordered and on sale in my current order. HLJ has not charged me for any of my order. I'm a little worried I could suddenly be charged full price for those backordered items.

"Out-of-stock items are displayed with squares (in-stock items with circles). The colors are based on how long customers who have ordered the item have been waiting to get it. Yellow squares indicate items for which customers have been waiting 60 days or less.

Depending on the item, we reorder merchandise anywhere from twice a week to once a month. Because of this reorder cycle, items that have been out-of-stock for 60 days or less may still be in stock at the manufacturer due to the time it takes for our orders to reach them, and for them to fill the order. While this is no guarantee of availability, the chances of getting items like this in the short-term are better than for items with red squares. "

Also I just looked for the 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo w/Armor Parts on ebay and found it for 130-150 US with shipping around 50-60US Still ends up cheaper for me as our Dollar is killing the american as of late. But if I buy from HLJ the Yen is so strong, that it ends up around 170 US now with it being on back order i canceled my purchase and bought the one on ebay. You still cant beat Ebay for pricing speed of shipping and no Killer customs fees

"Out-of-stock items are displayed with squares (in-stock items with circles). The colors are based on how long customers who have ordered the item have been waiting to get it. Yellow squares indicate items for which customers have been waiting 60 days or less.

Depending on the item, we reorder merchandise anywhere from twice a week to once a month. Because of this reorder cycle, items that have been out-of-stock for 60 days or less may still be in stock at the manufacturer due to the time it takes for our orders to reach them, and for them to fill the order. While this is no guarantee of availability, the chances of getting items like this in the short-term are better than for items with red squares. "

Also I just looked for the 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo w/Armor Parts on ebay and found it for 130-150 US with shipping around 50-60US Still ends up cheaper for me as our Dollar is killing the american as of late. But if I buy from HLJ the Yen is so strong, that it ends up around 170 US now with it being on back order i canceled my purchase and bought the one on ebay. You still cant beat Ebay for pricing speed of shipping and no Killer customs fees

That's all fine and good. I don't really care how long it takes them to re-stock a backordered item as long as I get it for the sale price. What I need to know is if the sale is over when they re-stock and they decide to charge me, will I get my order for the sale price quoted on my order confirmation email or will I be charged whatever the price happens to be at that time?

That's all fine and good. I don't really care how long it takes them to re-stock a backordered item as long as I get it for the sale price. What I need to know is if the sale is over when they re-stock and they decide to charge me, will I get my order for the sale price quoted on my order confirmation email or will I be charged whatever the price happens to be at that time?

You'll be charged the price listed in your order confirmation. The only variation would be the Yen to Dollar (or Yen to whatever your currency is) conversion.

-b.

I'm a first time Macross buyer and i can't wait for my 3 macross to come... Just too hard to resist not to buy with the discounts being offered...

Awesome. I remember when I popped my Macross cherry. Which ones did you order?

Anyone pick up the Alphone 1st Patlabor?

FRAK. I should have picked it up when I had the chance.

But I might just go ahead and get the USA 1st since it's still 65% off. :mellow:

I got the USA version. It's pretty awesome! Even the wife is impressed with it.

The VT-1 arrived today, it has the nice tinted canopy and the out of the box broken shoulder hinge too...

Yeah, I suspected as much. Amiami has a bunch for sale also and it says the stock is from Aug 2010, which is totally misleading. It implies it's a second run, when it's not. When I called them on it, they said they didn't know whether it was smooth pins, just that it's a second shipment they got. Looks like this is all just old stock. Sucks dude. Maybe someone here can hook you up with new shoulders.

Edited by pud333