Yamato Sale Part Duex

BlueMax

Really cool sale. Happy for all of you who bought. If our customs duties in our country weren't so random, I would splurge.

i hear you man! wasn't ordering much online when i was still there back home because of the customs fees and what sucks more is that more often than not, those fees just end up in someone's pocket, not the govt!

end rant! :ph34r:

yeah, noticed that the cannon fodder 1A's already low stock and back to the regular price of 8880 JPY. big thanks again for the heads-up on the sale! :)

edit: just got my payment request from hlj! ^_^

Edited by bouncing boy77

Got my payment request in, luckily managed to get the Cannon Fodder 1A and Max 22.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00124

What is interesting is that the original sale price of the 1A was 5880 yen. That's what I picked it up for at the weekend and what I was charged today. Now it's low stock, the price has gone up again to 8330 yen! ( edit: as bouncing boy has mentioned already! )

Was lucky to take the plunge when I did. Some reputable eBay sellers that I use often are charging around the 7000 yen mark for the trusty Cannon Fodder, splitting the difference in HLJ's two recent prices.

Now the waiting game. EMS to the UK. 4 days. Getting passed around UK customs and their terrible admin which means they have to send you a physical letter with the charges? Add another week at least!

Edited by blackwater_park

They took the money out of my account yesterday for the VF-22 Max and Mira...that I ordred on Thursday. Well here's hoping that they manage to ship it this week!;)

Ordered the "American" patlabor. 65% off was just too good to pass up.

The Patlabor is one of their best products ever. You won't feel disappointed. But better clear display space; it's also one of the biggest robots out there.

Ordered the "American" patlabor. 65% off was just too good to pass up.

Nice. 1/24 Patlabor is a piece of art, awesome work from yamato.

Can you post some photos later, please? I would love to see some photos of this version... (can hardly see any reviews about this CLAT version - all photos I can find are coming from Yamato offical pics)

Can you post some photos later, please? I would love to see some photos of this version... (can hardly see any reviews about this CLAT version - all photos I can find are coming from Yamato offical pics)

sure! I've actually been wanting one ever since the first resin pics of it came out. I'm just happy I can finally get one at a decent price.

So how does it work with HLJ? I ordered a VF-0A when it said "low stock" on Sunday and now they are on backorder. Is their system not automated so that they know how many they have in stock? Do I have to worry I won't get my VF-0A? I'm actually okay either way as it is a cool looking valk, but I could also afford to save $100 or so...

Also, I couldn't resist picking up the 1/24 US Patlabor at that price. Thanks for calling that one out.

I wonder how much of HLJs sales come from this forum... :D

So how does it work with HLJ? I ordered a VF-0A when it said "low stock" on Sunday and now they are on backorder. Is their system not automated so that they know how many they have in stock? Do I have to worry I won't get my VF-0A? I'm actually okay either way as it is a cool looking valk, but I could also afford to save $100 or so...

Also, I couldn't resist picking up the 1/24 US Patlabor at that price. Thanks for calling that one out.

I wonder how much of HLJs sales come from this forum... :D

I think if you placed the order when it said low stock, you should be fine. I've never had problems buying low stock that went to backordered soon after.

I think if you placed the order when it said low stock, you should be fine. I've never had problems buying low stock that went to backordered soon after.

One time I ordered when stock was low, and was NOT able to get that it. Most of the time, you should be okay.

They took my money on Friday and it still has not shipped. WTF! Well hopefully it will ship by this Friday. I imagine they must be really busy with all the sales they have had on lately.

Mine shipped two days ago and should be here on Monday according to FedEx. Is anyone else getting these letters from FedEx that looks like an invoice but is zero balance. It seems that every time I use them I get a notice of some sort

I haven't got a thing from Fed Ex, but they're promising a delivery on Monday as well.

that was the one I was going to get as it was cheaper than the original white one. I have the original white when I saw it on ebay for $150 US and I jumped on it. The mold is the BEST thing yamato ever did!

and im a little unhappy with HLJ seemingly outdated order system. With the V2 sale

I ordered the;

VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo w/Armor Parts Transformable (Macross) 1 Backordered <div class=Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks"> Backordered

As you can clearly see it says "backordered" when in fact I KNOW 100% it was in stock when I ordered. I called customer service or emailed you cant really call and Corky Nice girl, said that day a lot of people were ordering and the system is not setup to update the website with real time stock levels DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT to anyone of you who beat me out of the Que. Just kidding

Edited by Snail00

Damn. Im not used to online japanese stores taking long to ship. Hobby Search, HW Japan and amiami sends out their packages 2 days after you send them payment at the most.

Hi

Thanks for writing.

Following the holiday season and inventory, we are a little bit behind, and this unfortunately causes a slight slow-down in the speed with which orders are processed for shipping.

Our packers are working hard to get the orders out as fast as possible. We'll send you a shipping notice (with tracking information if you have selected a trackable shipping method) as soon as your order is posted.

Thanks for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

---

Jon Parker

HLJ Customer Service

www.hlj.com

Damn, it's amazing how fast/efficient Fed Ex can be. Packing slip says it shipped the 19th. I just got it here, today, in Albuquerque, NM. Three days from across the world!

Now if only my 22 Max's ankles were more sturdy this Gerwalk mode would stay put...

Oh man!!!! Couldn't take it any more.....after clicking on that sale page a million times, finally broke down and got a Weathered Destroid Tomahawk.

Those prices are just too tempting to resist, wish I could've got a Kakizaki as well, but too many expenses :(

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know how HLJ handles backordered items that are on sale in an active order? Is it like a rain-cheque, meaning you will get the item for the sale price when they are back in stock? Or if by the time the item is there and the sale is over do they charge full price? I am curious as I have two 1/60 strike packs and a 1/60 VF-1J which are both backordered and on sale in my current order. HLJ has not charged me for any of my order. I'm a little worried I could suddenly be charged full price for those backordered items.