Alright-a proper "V" series for the new millenium, not like that other V series that thankfully didn't last too long...

If your talking about "V", that series has not ended yet.

I agree that this one looks better. (Action?, in an Action series? Who would have thought of that?)

This looks more like a bad made-for-TV movie from the late 90's than an "EPIC TELEVISION SERIES." :rolleyes:

I like how they mentioned "EPIC TELEVISION SERIES" twice, just to make sure we didn't miss it the first time.

It does look like another generic "aliens vs. humans" action series, but I'm a sucker for spaceships, lasers, guns, and explosions.

Somewhere in someone's basement are the real Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola. I'm afraid they might have already gotten J.J. Abrams also.

Nah, it is the real Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola, its just that they got older and lazy working with megabudgets on their films. I think that the best films, particularly SF ones are made by people who are,

a) Younger

b) Working on a tight budget rather than a really big one.

Somewhere in someone's basement are the real Spielberg, Lucas and Coppola. I'm afraid they might have already gotten J.J. Abrams also.

What's funny is that Spielberg is ripping off himself here. All that stuff about them fighting the aliens just looks like hack, made for TV version of act three of War of the Worlds.

When you're mining your own closet of B movies to recycle for your C stuff, maybe it's time to consider calling it a day.. :unsure:

• 10 months later...

Did anyone else watch the show? (last comment is from December 2010, I thought that show started after that - or I have had it DVR'd longer then I thought...) I just got round to watching my DVR copy (last episode tonight) and thought it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular - but better then the V TV show that was just on.

The Alien's reason for being here is not made specific, but they are taking kids and brainwashing them, using them for something, so that is the reason the cities (and planet) does not get nuked.

Did anyone else watch the show? (last comment is from December 2010, I thought that show started after that - or I have had it DVR'd longer then I thought...) I just got round to watching my DVR copy (last episode tonight) and thought it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular - but better then the V TV show that was just on.

The Alien's reason for being here is not made specific, but they are taking kids and brainwashing them, using them for something, so that is the reason the cities (and planet) does not get nuked.

The alien's are using the children as slave labor to ghather scrap metal for the war effort.

I thought them using the mech metal augmented RPG to shoot down the fighter that promptly crashes in to the landing bay in the tower was odd. Why didn't they take a tank gun with a sabo round and replace the DU penetrator with Mech metal, and start shelling the tower?

The alien's are using the children as slave labor to ghather scrap metal for the war effort.

Supposed to be more to it then that, but they seemed to have dropped the plot line till next season.

I thought them using the mech metal augmented RPG to shoot down the fighter that promptly crashes in to the landing bay in the tower was odd. Why didn't they take a tank gun with a sabo round and replace the DU penetrator with Mech metal, and start shelling the tower?

They didn't have a tank gun with a sabot round handy?

Our writers messed up on the RPG two ways, first is that an RPG is not standard issue for the US army (russian army, yes...). Second is that an RPG is a heat weapon, putting a mech metal tip on it should not have done doodly...

The ending was really lame, makes me wonder if I'm going to watch the series next year or not. At least Boardwalk Empire has not let me down.

I watched it. Love it. Solid acting, plausable settings, and entertaining story.

All except for the ending, I agree. The ending was bog standard aliens attack the world slop. (by ending, I mean the last 5 minutes - rest of it was fine other then the RPG mistake, and that was just a nit-picky technical detail)

All except for the ending, I agree. The ending was bog standard aliens attack the world slop. (by ending, I mean the last 5 minutes - rest of it was fine other then the RPG mistake, and that was just a nit-picky technical detail)

I'm taking it that it can lead to many diverse directions. Like the whole harvesting humans for planets, or maybe teaming up with other aliens. Also with the father in that position, it could explain some frightening revelations that set out the next season's next plot. It's ended with the humans having zero hope, just like it started, and thus bridge into the next story arc...

• 8 months later...

Just finished last night's episode of Season 2. And just wow!

Season may have started slow, but the momentum in character development and plot spread is captivating.

So sad it's underrated by the general public.

Just finished last night's episode of Season 2. And just wow!

Season may have started slow, but the momentum in character development and plot spread is captivating.

So sad it's underrated by the general public.

110% Agreed.

Great show and I've been pleasantly surprised with how it's developed.

*can't really speak to all of the things "underrated" imply as I don't pay attention to ratings or what not, but I do agree that the show doesn't seem to generate much conversation

-b.

Since season 2 started and last nights episode I think this show is on the right track finally (Season 1 didn't win me over very much). I don't trust the Overlords for a moment with their wanting for peace.

To this day, I'd still like to see the initial invasion!

I gave up on them showing that, one reason the 1st episode and Season one bugged me. Kept waiting for that.

It's about budget guys. This is a TV show. Look at how much Game Of Thrones sacrificed with omitted battles in season 1, and only once it got popular, was that blank check given for season 2.

I'll rather they not show it if it's of restricted quality.

I'd still prefer to see the initial invasion at some point, Robert Rodat and Spielberg are executive producers for this show, not sure why budget is or would be an issue.

And speaking of budgets, look at BSG. RDM said a number of times their budget was being cut and they pulled off some amazing episode right to the end, acting, FX and quality. B))

I'd still prefer to see the initial invasion at some point, Robert Rodat and Spielberg are executive producers for this show, not sure why budget is or would be an issue.

And speaking of budgets, look at BSG. RDM said a number of times their budget was being cut and they pulled off some amazing episode right to the end, acting, FX and quality. B))

I too would love to see it.

When it comes to money however, even Spielberg wants a gaurantee on returns.

As for BSG, yeah, but it was at a diffirent time of the economy and diffirent producers. As well their big invasion scenes on planets only came in from season 3 and onwards, once the show established itself. (If I remember correctly?)

As well BSG already had a established fanbase that swoop up DVD's, which is really TV's series markering radar.

You do make a good point with BSG, take an already popular Scifi series and re-invent it for old and new fans (DVD sales were a major help too). So far with Season 2 I am enjoying F.S. much more, so hopefully your right as this shows continues to establish its self bigger budgets to follow and some much bigger impressive scenes to be produced.

My wish list with a bigger budget is definitely an Invasion scene and do I dare say some scenes of the Overlords home world....

True - but they PAID for that by having an endless number of episodes with nearly no SFX budget needed. The endless Baltar talking into a microphone episodes come to mind. (where is that funny youtube video of BSG as a video game when I need it...)