macross 7

arrow

Heh, I'm the opposite. I love Mylene. I'd like to move my hands down from her shoulders to her  ******* and squeeze B)

On the other hand if we are talking about Basara, that is one character I could happily throttle. Throughout the whole series I was so wishing that Gamlin would plug him in a *ahem* friendly fire accident.

Anyway jokes aside, as others have said Macross 7 is not everbody's cup of tea. Personally I  love it, despite my dislike of Basara. In fact I probably prefer it to original SDF Macross.

If you can get past the Valks with human faces, the over-use of stock footage in the combat scenes then you are in for one heck of a ride.

Graham

Pervert. <_<

:lol:

About Macross7, it has its own flavor. It's a like carnival ride. Macross Plus tend to be on the serious side. SDF Series is a Soap Opera.

But Macross7, like other Macross Series, still has the Macross formula:

Fighters that tranform into robots

Music / Singers

Love triangle

And yeah, I love Macross7.

Edited by Bub

I was sceptical when I first heard about M7, but I finally broke down and bought the set--figured I could always sell it on Ebay if I didn't like it. Now I've watched all of it and wish there were more. And who the heck is that girl with the flowers? The Valks whup ass and the writing is pretty good. The characters are engaging, funny, and well-developed, for the most part. One wants to know what's happening next and actually cares what happens to these people. I give it a hearty thumbs-up, even if I do have to agree with Keith(j/k)........... :lol:

And why is there no Mylene version of Light the Light? I loved her version more then the duo one with her and Basara. <_<

Oh.my.god.

After hearing the Mylene Version of Light the Light when my friend and I were first watching the series, we looked EVERYWHERE for it! AAARRRGGG.

Yeah it sucks. They never produced a single for her. :(

I want one sooo bad.

And why is there no Mylene version of Light the Light? I loved her version more then the duo one with her and Basara. <_<

Oh.my.god.

After hearing the Mylene Version of Light the Light when my friend and I were first watching the series, we looked EVERYWHERE for it! AAARRRGGG.

Yeah it sucks. They never produced a single for her. :(

I want one sooo bad.

I want a "Mylene sings Fire Bomber" album (2 discs). With all the Duet songs with her alone.

Macross 7 Rocks My World!!

And it'll rock yours, too! Of course, I'm a big sap, but hey.

As for wanting to throttle Mylene....SHAME ON YOU! :o

Like some others have said, Basara was frustrating at times, but I'm getting off topic.

I bought it so that I could have the "whole" experience, so that I'd know all of the background from the series (such as wtf is "Operation Stargazer", etc).

If you can get to pay $40 for the whole thing, you'll be paying less than half of what I paid. Go for it. Just keep a "cleansed palatte" when you're watching it. Banish all thoughts of how seamless Macross Plus was and take it as its own (as others have said as well).

Enjoy it!

Oh, and Mylene's songs are my favorite! Those and the song where Basara thinks he's Bruce Dickinson. :lol: At least he didn't say "Scream for me!" to the crowd!

Oh, and Mylene's songs are my favorite! Those and the song where Basara thinks he's Bruce Dickinson. :lol: At least he didn't say "Scream for me!" to the crowd!

Ugh one of the greatest metal singers of all time, Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) being compared with one of the worst anime characters/singers of all time, Basara.

:angry:

kill me

I was pleasantly surprised to find I liked it. Nothing in there was done for the sake of doing it but has an internally self-consistent reason in the story. Even the stuff I don't particularly like. Basara is a vain and stubborn primadonna, some of the valks and details are rather silly... but the story is great, the mecha are great, and it builds on previous Macross series. In fact, I'm hoping there's another series or at least OVA after M0 that takes up where M7 left off. Maybe we can see what Isamu and Myung (or their kid or something) is up to.

But overall M7 is completely a net positive and a significant one at that.

I wish Mylene died a horrible death for making my M7 experience almost unberable. :angry:

I hate characters who think they are more important then they really are. Mylene was nothing more then a glorified CF who should have been the first one to die. :angry:

P.S. If it wasn't for Mylene.... M7 would have been one of my favorite TV shows.

Edited by Abombz!!

In fact, I'm hoping there's another series or at least OVA after M0 that takes up where M7 left off. Maybe we can see what Isamu and Myung (or their kid or something) is up to.

That would be cool. The only thing like that so far in the VF-X series which is after I think 2045.

(BTW, I would LOVE to see VF-X2 made into a movie, that was so freaking awesome)

I still think people hate Macross 7 do to their perceptions of what Macross should be (Macross Plus). Macross 7 attacks your perceptions so much about Macross that you can turned off by it. I believe Kawamori did not intend Macross 7 to be your typical mecha anime. The vast majority of us were turned off at the start of Macross 7. Either you became a fan after watching more or your perceptions were so damaged that you turned off for good.

I also blame reading about it first as shaping peoples opinion of Macross 7 before they actually see it. Once I had internet access I went to research all I could about Macross 7. As I read but faces of Valkyries, singing and monsters I started to convince myself that I wouldn't like it.

First of all, go watch it then come back... Never listen to other people's opinion about film/tv series...

You'll get brainwashed with the songs after that and will think that they're great... I listen to Basara all the time now... :p

IMHO, the story and drawings have much to be desired...

I became more of a Macross fan after watching all of 7. :)

It continues that good "Macross" feel. I don't know why there is all the complaining about the characters, I liked almost all of them (though I thought Gamlin was a bit too stiff). Just because the quality of the animation went down a bit, doesn't make the show any worse. Unlike Macross Plus, Macross 7 is a TV series.

I mean, I watched Nadesico the series, and the animation was pretty bad compare to the movie, but I didn't get mad because the whole series wasn't as good as the movie. I thought it had it's own great originality and plot.

Same goes for Macross 7.

I absolutely loved 7 from the very first episode, everything about it entirely blew me away. I watched half the series in 2 days....then had to wait 2 weeks for the rest of the fansub tapes to come!

I absolutely loved 7 from the very first episode, everything about it entirely blew me away. I watched half the series in 2 days....then had to wait 2 weeks for the rest of the fansub tapes to come!

same happened to me!

I got the tapes up until

the City 7 was taken

and I had to wait for the next tape to see what happened!

THE SUSPENSE ALMOST KILLED ME! :o

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

Oh, and Mylene's songs are my favorite!  Those and the song where Basara thinks he's Bruce Dickinson.  :lol:    At least he didn't say  "Scream for me!"  to the crowd!

Ugh one of the greatest metal singers of all time, Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) being compared with one of the worst anime characters/singers of all time, Basara.

:angry:

kill me

Iron Maiden Rulz!

Basara is cool also. He's an artist that's why he's eccentric... A little too..

I absolutely adore Basara as a character. I was initially suprised that so many people despise him. I think the thing is Basara's view of the world. Basara has huge goals. He wants to personally change the universe. He wants everyone, everywhere to listen to his song!

I've found that most people don't have any goals like that. Most people simply have no desire to change the world, to leave their mark, to improve some aspect of humanity or anything like that. That would make Basara very alien and unrelatable to those people.

I don't think that's the only reason, other people will have other reasons for disliking him and I don't for one minute believe that everyone who hates Basara has no such goals of their own. I do believe that is one of the most prevelant reasons, though.

For example, I know this guy. This guy is pretty much the Basara of classical-style music. He doesn't scream 'Listen to my song!' every time he wants us to listen to a new piece he's written, but otherwise his attitude reminds me a lot of Basara.

But he can't stand Basara. Go fig.

I just wish they would have thrown more money at the production team. I feel so sorry for those VF-11 pilots who had to die over and over again the same way each time.

Think about it.

*red alert sounds*

The VF-11 pilots look at each other with dread.

"...not again," one of them whimpers. "I just can't take it anymore."

Hehe.....I didn't get M7 when I watched the 1st 4 episodes. then I jumped to the end after reading the Compendium. Then after a year, I finally watched the rest and everything fell into place, becoming my favorite Macross-series.

I still think people hate Macross 7 do to their perceptions of what Macross should be (Macross Plus). Macross 7 attacks your perceptions so much about Macross that you can turned off by it. I believe Kawamori did not intend Macross 7 to be your typical mecha anime.

I myself am not a big fan of "robot" anime... I just like good storytelling. I have to also say that I am not a fan of Macross Plus either. I dislike it also. I dislike Macross 7 for a lot of reasons, most of them have to do with personal taste. I personally think most Japanese rock music is annoying, and to hear it over and over and over again as an integral part of the show was just nails on the chalk board to me. Couple that with a very touchy-feely no one really dies let's sing! storyline just put the nails in the coffin. On the other hand the heavy handed relationship melodrama of Macross Plus, coupled with the lack of a real "enemy" or "struggle" in my mind was just way too much to take for extended periods of time. The reason I prefer Macross Plus to 7 is because it gets to the point and tells it's story in 4 episodes... 7 just drags on and on and on... and the "side stories" that cause 7 to drag never really get resolved, they just contribute to the growing malaise of the show.

If Macross 7 had been a 10 episode OAV I might not have hated it as much as I do and if Macross Plus had been a sprawling 45+ episode TV series I would have died of boredom. Either way I watched them both in their entirety and gave both a chance... but I don't re-watch either of them. I think I should also say that I am also not so taken with Macross Zero at the moment either... maybee I just found pure macross in the form of DYRL and SDF TV to be the top of the mountian and see everything as a shallow imitator...

As far as Macross 7 goes I have to quote Isamu Dyson when he is in the jungle talking to Myung. He tells Myung to try the fruit; she takes a bit and spits it out. He then says to her, "you wouldn't have known until you tried it yourself." The only difference is I think Macross 7 is a work of art.

Edited by ayoung

As far as Macross 7 goes I have to quote Isamu Dyson when he is in the jungle talking to Myung. He tells Myung to try the fruit; she takes a bit and spits it out. He then says to her, "you wouldn't have known until you tried it yourself." The only difference is I think Macross 7 is a work of art.

I prefer to think of Macross 7 as "an acquired taste".

I absolutely adore Basara as a character. I was initially suprised that so many people despise him. I think the thing is Basara's view of the world. Basara has huge goals. He wants to personally change the universe. He wants everyone, everywhere to listen to his song!

Basara's quite a character.

For example, I know this guy. This guy is pretty much the Basara of classical-style music. He doesn't scream 'Listen to my song!' every time he wants us to listen to a new piece he's written, but otherwise his attitude reminds me a lot of Basara.

Does he attack you with a mech if you don't? Basara's shot people for not stopping to listen.

Granted they were busy trying to kill other people, but ...

As far as Macross 7 goes I have to quote Isamu Dyson when he is in the jungle talking to Myung.  He tells Myung to try the fruit; she takes a bit and spits it out.  He then says to her, "you wouldn't have known until you tried it yourself."  The only difference is I think Macross 7 is a work of art.

Sorry buddy, ate it for the sake of "Macross Completeness/Loyalty," and it gave me the runs.

M7 has some merits, don't get me wrong. But my list of things I detest from it far outweigh the good.

P.S.- I refuse to listen to his song.

If you suffer the runs due to M7, the fix is easy. Watch some episodes of Macross from Animeigo.

Edited by Warmaker

Sorry buddy, ate it for the sake of "Macross Completeness/Loyalty," and it gave me the runs.

M7 has some merits, don't get me wrong. But my list of things I detest from it far outweigh the good.

If you suffer the runs due to M7, the fix is easy. Watch some episodes of Macross from Animeigo.

I gave it a go recently and watch about the first 5 or 6 episodes. Some of th stuff I liked (hey, it's Macross!), but Basara and his song was too much for me. But for those who like it, enjoy! But for me, I'll stick to the original, Mac+, and Zero :)

M7 has some merits, don't get me wrong.  But my list of things I detest from it far outweigh the good.

If you suffer the runs due to M7, the fix is easy.  Watch some episodes of Macross from Animeigo.

I gave it a go recently and watch about the first 5 or 6 episodes. Some of th stuff I liked (hey, it's Macross!), but Basara and his song was too much for me. But for those who like it, enjoy! But for me, I'll stick to the original, Mac+, and Zero :)

Interestingly enough, I saw Basara as a sort of hook.

My reaction was "what the HELL is wrong with this boy?!?!"

Followed by genuine curiosity.

http://bt.base0.net/aia/

Take a gander at the first two episodes and see what you think. I personally like it, but I'm also one of the few that isn't die hard for or against it. It has a lot of stuff that I like, and a lot I could do without.

I really like most of the characters, I think the characters are just as solid and memorable as any past Macross characters, and that goes a long way for me.

Most people will tell you, and I would agree, that the story doesn't really pick up until about a dozen episodes in.

what is the needed codec to view those files? I download them, but only get audio. I have the latest version of Windows Meda Player (version 9) and the latest DivX codecs.