One thing that surprises me is that Maria Fokina Barnrose leader of Vindirance in Macross VF-X2 is supposedly Therese Jenius, one of the twin biological daughters of Max and Millia.

Which is weird as per M7: Galaxy is Calling Me her hair is purple not green in Emillia's pictures. I thought Maria Fokina Barnrose could be a Millia clone but it turns out she could be her daughter.

Edited by RedWolf

Don't believe so. It's kinda ridiculous.

But in defense of the scene, I think that sequence was meant more to show how "overwhelmed" the UN Spacy forces were by the sheer number of Meltrandi. It wasn't meant as a show case for the incredible anti-ship firepower of the Q-Rau.

It should be noted that the Zentradi weapons always were heavier firepower than the UN Spacy equivalents, especially when it comes to beam weapons. Pit enough of them against a ship and they are gonna be lethal.

Also, the UN Spacy ships are not a 1,200 meter long SDF-1 Macross or a 4,000 meter long Zentradi Fleet Command Ship. The Guantanamo Carrier and Northampton Frigate are small craft, 352 meters and 252 meters respectively.

Redwolf -- Um, yeah, that surprises me, too, because I've never heard that before. It doesn't sound real, and I played VF-X2 to the end and don't remember any reveal like that.

It's legit... part of her Glossary entry in Macross Chronicle. See Glossary Sheet 24.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

In Maria Fokina Barnrose's glossary entry also mentioned Max was rumored to be a anti-Lactence supporter.

Which makes me wonder if that has anything to do with Macross Frontier having little info on Macross 7 in Macross FB7. Could it be some political backlash using Leon Mishima whose job as Earth's chaperon to the fleet?

"YF" designation in the US military denotes prototype fighter aircraft. So the YF-29B is simply another version of the YF-29 prototype test fighter, assuming Kawamori is borrowing the convention from the US military.

I would expect they get their VF designation, as Seto suggests, when they go into production, be that mass production like the VF-11 or limited production like the VF-22.

The fun part about YF prototypes is that they may have technologies that may not make it to the production models for various reasons. So they would have capabilities not found in VF models of the same airframe.

Whaaat. Oh wow. I'm gonna have to check the Machronicle now! :p

By the way are you referring to the new or old edition?

EDIT -- Never mind, just checked. Yeah, it says there are "whispers" that she is actually Therese, and that "there are rumours" that she got help from Max Jenius.... Yeah, I dunno, could be. But they've purposely phrased it so that it is inconclusive.

Edited by Renato

Whaaat. Oh wow. I'm gonna have to check the Machronicle now! :p

By the way are you referring to the new or old edition?

EDIT -- Never mind, just checked. Yeah, it says there are "whispers" that she is actually Therese, and that "there are rumours" that she got help from Max Jenius.... Yeah, I dunno, could be. But they've purposely phrased it so that it is inconclusive.

Yeah could be something could be nothing like tabloid reports of Basara being Hikaru and Minmei's child.

For a time Max was under UN Forces Intelligence Division performing black ops, so one has to wonder if Max has influence on the establishment. A possible reason for the rumors.

Something I've been wondering for a while about Meltran ages.

Millia was 16 in SDF Macross. Does that mean she has been alive for 16 years or was born in a 16 year old girl's body?

What brought this about is Moaramia's age in Macross M3 was 6 years old. But she was a experimental clone pilot, she even fought a clone of hers. Though I don't have details if she was a child too.

It's like no one ever reads my news stories on the front page.

That makes me a sad Tochiro.

sorry, I just forgot about it, and yesterday i did my daily search on google japan and found that link to the site and never remembered it was the android app you mentioned before :unsure:

Yes.

Apparently, Basara never returned to the Macross 7 Fleet after the events of Dynamite. Mylene went solo, Ray became a producer, and Veffidas became a session drummer. To make the Re:Fire album, Basara recorded his parts separately from the rest of the band (since he was still off somewhere else), and they completed the tracks.

Was this story on the Re:Fire cover?

I'm juts thinking of the opening to M7 Dynamite, where Basara is playing live at a Fire Bomber concert explicitly described as "FINAL". This seems to suggest that he returned for one last gig, formally disbanding the group.

But if there is a different canonical statement, then the opening does not matter?.. Inasmuch as there is such a thing as a Macross canon at all. Also got a fun idea from Kawamori's statement that the Macross animation we see is *entertainment about history* from that world - perhaps M7 Dynamite is a miniseries about Basara's recent adventure, which was actually presented and sold at that final live concert?

(Then again, the ending suggests Basara has reached Earth. This was never mentioned anywhere else. But logically, if one starts from a colony ship and spends years travelling the Galaxy freely, one would probably hit Earth at some stage).

Edited by Saruta

So I've known about these longer ammunition magazines for the Destroid Defender for some while, but I recently got thinking, where do they come from? Are they seen in the show or DYRL? Or are they just some scribble in some line art? Does anyone know their origin?

I don't believe the large capacity ammunition drums were ever animated, so that would make them "scribble" only ;)

The line art for the large drums comes from the book Macross Perfect Memory, which was published over a year before DYRL? was released, so this was definitely a SDF Macross-era creation.

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. It's the only extended ammunition I've ever seen for the Destroid Defender.

Don't know what the VF-1 with separated leg/engines and Super/FAST boosters is supposed to be, but that's also Macross Perfect Memory.

Also from Perfect Memory, what is going on here?

Prototype VF4 with FAST boosters?

That's clearly a VF-1 forward fuselage.

tumblr_nq7fd482tt1s0ichmo1_500.jpg

Actually, that has a relatively straightforward explanation.

Because development was being pursued in the immediate aftermath of the first space war, the VF-X-4 prototypes were assembled using large (but diminishing) amounts of existing VF-1 hardware. The version (a model of which is) seen in the series was 35% VF-1 Valkyrie parts, and by the start of trial production, they'd whittled the percentage of shared parts to 25% on the VF-4A-0.

Was this story on the Re:Fire cover?

I'm juts thinking of the opening to M7 Dynamite, where Basara is playing live at a Fire Bomber concert explicitly described as "FINAL". This seems to suggest that he returned for one last gig, formally disbanding the group.

But if there is a different canonical statement, then the opening does not matter?.. Inasmuch as there is such a thing as a Macross canon at all. Also got a fun idea from Kawamori's statement that the Macross animation we see is *entertainment about history* from that world - perhaps M7 Dynamite is a miniseries about Basara's recent adventure, which was actually presented and sold at that final live concert?

(Then again, the ending suggests Basara has reached Earth. This was never mentioned anywhere else. But logically, if one starts from a colony ship and spends years travelling the Galaxy freely, one would probably hit Earth at some stage).

Well is anything Yasaburo, Alto's adopted brother, met Basara before according to Macross Frontier Light Novel Vol. 4.

On the roof of the train, the young boy found the man, with a unique round glasses, and red edgy hair, in his hand is an old accoustic guitar.

"What are you doing?"

The young boy asked some question with maybe that meaning, he don't remember.

It's hot, this freight train is an automatic cart with a reactor engine, no worry for eletric fall down, and somehow he could enjoy the blowing wind. Though his back is burning hot.

"I am listening to the song"

In hard blowing wind, he could clearly heard the man said so.

What song? Asked the young boy. The man simply said one answer, while watching the clouds flow by.

"the song of the wind"

"the wind?"

The young boy doesnt understand what that would mean.

But, he looked on the man's serious looks and knows that the man saying that, he doesnt try to hide his embarassment nor to be conceited.

"and also, the sands, and the song of the rocks"

Saying that, the man stand up, in the roof of a train running 50 mph, it's as if something urges him to do so.

And he sings.

He sings towards the wind blowing against him, towards the desert lying vast, towards the clouds that keep flowing endlessly.

The man, answering to the songs of the sands, the wind, the sky. He sang to answer all the songs.

The young boy, somehow understands that.

His tears started to flow endlessly.

The misery of having to skipped out by night, and the hates of his poverty, he doesnt care of all that anymore. There re only the song, his self, and the world.

When he realized, he also singing.

He sang with all his might, he sang until the day turn dark.

When the song ended, the bitter part of his own environment had all gone.

I will become an artist, that is when he decided that.

-----

"... isn't that nice"

"Well, The man didn't mention his name, as Basara"

"Too bad then"

Can somebody tell me the name of this giant mech Quamzin was piloting in Macross 2036?

post-9033-0-39583900-1435000952_thumb.pngpost-9033-0-27877100-1435000973_thumb.jpgpost-9033-0-61969400-1435001016_thumb.jpg

Well is anything Yasaburo, Alto's adopted brother, met Basara before according to Macross Frontier Light Novel Vol. 4.

Thanks!

Does the light novel indicate what planet this might have happened on?

Has there been any more information about this spaceplane published?

tumblr_nqdtucqRF21s0ichmo2_540.jpg

(image from page 1, Frontier Tech thread vol III, originally posted by redwolf, rehosted to tumblr to save his bandwidth)

Kinda look like a VF-27 Lucifer delta-type prototype. YF-27-5? Sorry. Not sure though.

Thanks!

Does the light novel indicate what planet this might have happened on?

Context is that when Sheryl was ill staying at Alto's home she spoke with Yasaburo. So the planet itself was not mentioned.

But I take it as a reference to the Tousugeki Love Heart video where Basara seems to be traveling a frontier planet.