So do the DYRL? CF -1A have the black stripes on the fore-arms like Hikaru & Max (& below) - or are they too quick to pick out?

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1a-fastpack-brown-battroid-striped.gif

I'm actually not sure. DYRL shows both striped and non-striped Brown CF VF-1A Valkyries. I was never sure which one to use for the site. It's unclear which is supposed to be offical and which isn't. Perhaps both striped and non-striped are official? The Macross Chronicle has a very bad habit of ignoring the many variants of the Valkyries, whether it's from SDF Macross, DYRL, Macross Plus or Macross 7. My website has far more variants than what is in the Chronicle, though I'm hoping the DeAgostini Chronicle will fix that eventually. I'm 42 issues in and so far nothing new as far as variants, but maybe they'll include more. The VF-1A Super Valkyrie (SDF Macross Version) is included in the Chronicle, both new and old. It's without stripes because that's what the TV VF-1A was like. But they never show the DYRL version of the VF-1A, so we don't know if it's officially supposed to be striped or not.

The new art I'm currently building for the VF-1A Super Valkyrie will feature the striped version and if I have any time (laugh) I may build a non-striped version. But I've spent the majority of my time building much more important projects for the M3 and I'm probably going to stick to that. I need to get everything done for the deadline I've set for this next update, which is February 2014. Otherwise it'll just keep pushing it back over and over. I need to release this update soon. There's so much new material and it's killing me not to show it :)

No worries, I didn't think you were criticizing, I just wanted to let you all know what's likely to appear on my website for coverage of the VF-1A Super. Trust me, you won't believe the revisions made to the mecha coloring I've done. The change is like night and day and I think many will be blown away. My only wish is I could do more. But give me time and I might. :)

That's actually not a real brownie... it's part Kakizaki... (and the brown is off).

attachicon.gifshot0001.jpg

ha! I've been meaning to do a custom of that particular valk but haven't had the time.

It's an interesting scheme, most likely a coloring mistake. It's not full CF brown, has green kakizaki accent, stripe on the forearm, white head, hips and shoulder, green skull emblem on the FP. It's like a Kakizaki DRYL/SDFM inbred scheme. :lol:

ha! I've been meaning to do a custom of that particular valk but haven't had the time.

It's an interesting scheme, most likely a coloring mistake. It's not full CF brown, has green kakizaki accent, stripe on the forearm, white head, hips and shoulder, green skull emblem on the FP. It's like a Kakizaki DRYL/SDFM inbred scheme. :lol:

Thank you for saying what I didn't want to say...

I believe the only structural difference is the ventral/fore-arm packs. Visually, the color of the TV FAST packs is a pale grey-ish teal and the DYRL FAST Packs are a moderate navy blue. Lastly, the DYRL packs have emblems on the main Boosters while the TV packs don't have any.

• 4 weeks later...

So I take it M7 Dynamite is a sequel to the M7 series?

And Encore is just a movie in between episodes in M7?

Same with the Movie?

I take it we never find out who Mylene pics?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Bingo.

I take it we never find out who Mylene pics?

If we take the liner notes for the Fire Bomber album "RE:Fire" into account, it doesn't seem like she picks either, since apparently, Basara never went back to Macross 7 after singing to the Space Whale... and Mylene became a solo singer. No mention of Gamlin in the notes at all.

If we take the liner notes for the Fire Bomber album "RE:Fire" into account, it doesn't seem like she picks either, since apparently, Basara never went back to Macross 7 after singing to the Space Whale... and Mylene became a solo singer. No mention of Gamlin in the notes at all.

Perhaps she became fed up with the nonsense from both of them :lol:

I am interested in getting all issues of Macross Chronicle, but not clear about a few things? Why did they redo the whole 50 issues , what specifically is the difference between the original 50 and new issues. And lastly besides ebay, where is the best place to buy them for a good price. Thanks for your help.

Why did they redo the whole 50 issues , what specifically is the difference between the original 50 and new issues.

Different publisher, different arrangement on the issues since there are now 80 issues over 50. What's different? There's more material, more info covering the Macross Frontier movies since the original publication finished during the release of the movies, new artwork, etc. If you own the original 50, there's less incentive to get the new ones as one would own ~2/3 of the material already. The new release does have some corrections to the original release.

And lastly besides ebay, where is the best place to buy them for a good price. Thanks for your help.

Hobby Link Japan. Amazon-Japan. Anime-Books.com. CD-Japan. You'll have to pay import fees however.

Different publisher, different arrangement on the issues since there are now 80 issues over 50. What's different? There's more material, more info covering the Macross Frontier movies since the original publication finished during the release of the movies, new artwork, etc. If you own the original 50, there's less incentive to get the new ones as one would own ~2/3 of the material already. The new release does have some corrections to the original release.

Hobby Link Japan. Amazon-Japan. Anime-Books.com. CD-Japan. You'll have to pay import fees however.

Thanks so much for all the info..Are the covers all different as well between the newer and older ?

Edited by Mike1101

It seems like a Dick move for Basara to just leave Ray behind in the end. Like real really. He takes the kid under his wing, gets him a custom prototype valk, gets the military to bow to him and the band as sound force, then just leaps off into the Galaxy with a stolen VF-19 from Zola.

Thanks so much for all the info..Are the covers all different as well between the newer and older ?

Yes. Because the contents of each issue are different due to the rearrangement, the covers would have to be different. They may or may not use the same artwork. Hidetaka Tenjin has created some new artwork for the covers.

It seems like a Dick move for Basara to just leave Ray behind in the end. Like real really. He takes the kid under his wing, gets him a custom prototype valk, gets the military to bow to him and the band as sound force, then just leaps off into the Galaxy with a stolen VF-19 from Zola.

Every kid has to leave the nest at some point.

What are the additional intakes on the VF-25 Messiah and YF-29 Durandal that stay on the chest plate for (green arrow)? Is there any technical explanation for them? Also what are the black areas for on those planes (red arrow)? They are also present on the chest of the VF-1 Valkyrie.

post-18307-0-41777800-1389652790_thumb.png

Image from the Macross Mecha Manual

What are the additional intakes on the VF-25 Messiah and YF-29 Durandal that stay on the chest plate for (green arrow)?

Just duct work for the legs in fighter mode. There's a secondary, smaller intake above the primary.

Also what are the black areas for on those planes (red arrow)? They are also present on the chest of the VF-1 Valkyrie.

Boundary Layer Control

I was raised and grew up watching Robotech. I am now getting into the Macross side of things...reading up and I want to try and buy some of the movies/series. I do have a question though...I am hoping someone can help.

A few years ago i was flipping channels and came across Sci Fi showing an Anime fest which I HAD NO IDEA WAS ON! They were showing an anime that had SDF-1 in it but it was like a kiddy version. almost like a Powerpuff girls meet anime. SDF-1 was kind f chubby looking and short. No one seemed to know why the ship was there...or how to use it. Does anyone know what this show was? Every once in a while I search the Internet when I think of this show so I could watch the whole thing. ANy help? one forum suggested the Chibi series...which I have never seen at all...but was really funny. t was more serious than that

I feel like the series is eventually going to revisit the Megaroad incident simply because they show all of the Macross fleets are heading to the Galactic center.

That also seems to mean that Folds are not able to carry mass vast distances.

If it's taking decades to traverse the Galaxy, I'm guessing no one has been outside of it.

Even the Protodevlin seem to be stick inside the Galaxies constraints.

This may have been asked and answered already so I apologize if it has, but why did SDF Macross feature the A, J, and S variants most prominently while in follow up shows the 'J' type has been replaced by an 'F' type? Does this mirror real world designations?

This may have been asked and answered already so I apologize if it has, but why did SDF Macross feature the A, J, and S variants most prominently while in follow up shows the 'J' type has been replaced by an 'F' type? Does this mirror real world designations?

Well... I've only got a partial answer, which is that the "J" stands for Japan, which is where the VF-1J was manufactured. But the VF-19s and VF-25s would've been built on their respective fleets, so the J designation would make no sense.

I don't know if A, F, or S stand for anything, though.

I believe the S stands for "Special". The 1D, 0D, 11D, stand for "Dual". And I always assumed the VF-25F stood for Frontier. I have no idea regarding the VF-19F.

Regarding the 1J, look at companies and organizations today. JA is the Japanese Agricultural Association, JAXA is the Japan Aerospace Exploration Group, JETRO is the Japan External Trade Organization, JR is Japan Rail, J-Phone, J-Com, J's representing Japan everywhere. The only N I can think of which is used commonly to represent Nippon is NHK, for Nippon Housou Kyokai (Japan Broadcast Association).

And why would it stand to reason that they are all made in Japan? I don't understand, that's like saying if the VF-1S Roy Focker Special is piloted by Roy Focker, so wouldn't they all be piloted by Roy Focker?

Edited by Renato

The "it would stand to reason they would all be built in Japan" because the J isn't significantly different from the S or the A. Why would you build the J in Japan but build the S in say... Russia? If you're already building a Valkyrie in Japan then wouldn't you build the very minor variants of that valkyrie there also? Maybe in the Macross universe though there were factories in Alaska (big factory) and Japan (smaller factory) and Alaska built the As and Japan built the Js and a few S/D/others could have been built at either.

J does not mean build in Japan but modified to Japanese spec.

F = Fighter

E = Electronic/Counter Measure

D = Double Seater/Trainer

S = Strike Fighter

B = Bomber

R = Reconnaissance

A = Attack Role

Can't recall V but think for Visual.

Not sure how strict Macross follows the worldwide codes.