That's nice, but what does it say?? I've been perusing these forums for about two years, but I don't recall any conversations about Aegis Focker's lineage.

It says we don't know. It's never been established what his relation is to Roy. They share the same last name but so do a lot of people in this world.

edit: And yes, have you tried running the words through Google Translate or some other machine translator? It spits out crap but you can get the gist of it right?

I am aware of such services, but as you said, it will frequently tranlsate into near-gibberish. Thank you for answering the question, though.

Sorry if I seem crass, but I do get kind of tired of responses like that. I don't see most other questions being answered in Japanese without a nearby English tranlsation on it. Is it really a bother to follow it up with something we can all understand?

Does that mean it is it's own continuity?

No, I just mean that no one on the staff has said anything about it, one way or another, except for Kawamori in an interview in the back of the Sheryl shojo manga, who said that all iterations of Frontier were equally valid.

I remember an interview in which Kawamori said (and I'm summing this up) that watching these shows is like us watching movies about WWII, or something like that. It's a strange way to look at your creations, but I guess the idea of one super strict canon that everyone has to adhere to isn't as important as fans make it. Seriously, have you seen how butt tight many of the Robotech fans get over keeping everything canon, and strict by the book? I guess at some point, it was decided that to adhere to a strict canon will almost always come back to bite you. Star Trek fans are notorious for this, Robotech fans get nutty over this too.

Being used to strict canon myself, it's a bit to get used to, but in essence, they're giving more power to the fans that way. In that sense, it's pretty cool.

I like this reading. Think about how nobody tries to fit every cowboys & indians western into a single timeline- -there are more stories, and variations on stories, than could ever have transpired historically. They're only invalid if they're bad stories. See also the James Bond films, which employ an extremely selective and fluid continuity.

Forgive this question but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere. Does anyone know (or heard) if the 1/60 Alto Messiah renewal will be re-released this year? I notice HLJ's stock on the 1:60 version 1 (with armor pack) is now "Low Stock". I'm hoping that if the old version runs out they might restock the renewal. Is that likely? I want to buy it but not for almost $400 on Ebay.

Anyone know the best places for downloading Macross subtitles all at once place? Like instead of scouring the net and downloading the fancy KAA's M+ subs, Central Anime's M7, MF Thora, etc I hoping to find single fansub site with all of them.

Macrosshare.com is a good place to start looking

Macross Frontier (tv) storyline question:

Was Richard Birla (SMS Owner) in on the plot with Leon Mishima & Grace? Or did he simply have his own mysterious agenda?

I'm wondering now because new president Leon calls Birla in episode 22 after getting off the phone with Grace.

Macross Frontier (tv) storyline question:

Was Richard Birla (SMS Owner) in on the plot with Leon Mishima & Grace? Or did he simply have his own mysterious agenda?

I'm wondering now because new president Leon calls Birla in episode 22 after getting off the phone with Grace.

Not really his own agenda but he would be getting something out of this little evil plot, i.e. he would get a "kickback".

Not really his own agenda but he would be getting something out of this little evil plot, i.e. he would get a "kickback".

That's what i'm wondering. He already owns a shipping empire, but dissolving the SMS seemed suspect. I guess his motivation to hopefully see Minmei again was overwhelming.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a nube question for everyone. How is Mika Doi pronounced? I have it in my head that it is "doy", but what little I now know of Japanese it probably is "Doe - e". More then likely I'm totally wrong either way...

"Doy," more or less.

Edited by Gubaba

Thanks, but now I'll never figure out when vowels are pronounced individually vs when they are combined like in english.

Oh, that's simple: Japanese vowels are pronounced individually or after following a consonant... and there's only 5 vowel phonemes to learn.

Ok been out of the loop for a while. I see we got the spelling for Wilbur Garland's organization from Macross VF-X2, Lactence.

Macross The Ride has another group associated with them called FASCES led by a Naresuan which from the bio seems to be a Earth/Protoculture patriot... Sounds like a conservative right winger in terms of Macross.

Why is Lactence is still active? What are FASCES objectives?

Q re Macross 7 Trash:

Anyone know the names of (or if they were even named) the power suits that appeared in that manga? Specifically the version with the hand cannon?

post-3910-0-34177000-1342184068_thumb.jpg

Edited by sketchley

Does the VF-25's transformation mechanism rotate the pilot in his or her cockpit? I know the cockpit faces upwards and is in the rear of the battroid, but I am curious to know if the seat also rotates. If not, the pilot would be on his or her back in battroid mode. I'm sure that'd be confusing to their bodies, having the g-forces interact in an opposite fashion...