What is the average lifespan of a Zentradi?

This is because from the time the Protoculture Stellar Republic to the Crass of ASS-1 is around 500,000 years right? And then 25,000 years later they become extinct.... so for 475,000 years the Zentradi was fighting with the Supervision Army? The factories they used must be self sustaining then?

What is the average lifespan of a Zentradi?

Well, it's been a while since I last re-watched Macross 7, but I vaguely recall the subject coming up in the Macross 7 Encore ep. "Which one do you love?". The one where Milia gets sick, and is convinced that she's dying, and goes a little crazy... and they conclude the episode by revealing that she's just got the space equivalent of the common cold. IIRC, at some point during that episode, Dr. Chiba says something about them not knowing how long a Zentradi's natural lifespan is.

(Really, considering their usual occupation, I can't imagine "natural causes" is something that Zentradi die of very often. I know that the plot for "Blind Game" had Quamzin/Kamjin set things up by assigning a guy who due to be decommissioned to gunnery so he could justify hitting the Macross directly.)

I dunno about Factory sattelites.

Supposedly, there are factory satellites devoted to cloning Zentradi soldiers out there... at least, according to Chronicle.

Zentradi age is kind of hard to pin down too. In M7, Millia looks like she's in her late 20's or early thirties when she's really in her early fifties AND has given birth to 7 daughters. That's pretty impressive.

She looks damn fine for a woman in her fifties, but that's not really a Zentradi thing... that's the aforementioned punny bit about "growing old is a state of mind for normal people, and he/she is a genius". I dunno if we can treat the movie/DYRLverse version of Boddole Zer as an example, since he was part of a huge freaking warship and was 120,000 cycles/years old.

I'm back. I like you guys.

I have a silly question and a serious question:

1. Approximately what percentage of this 'short questions' thread is actually an open-ended discussion of fold quartz?

2. What are my options for a legal DVD edition of DYRL?

Edited by Athenian

1. Approximately what percentage of this 'short questions' thread is actually an open-ended discussion of fold quartz?

Approximately 0.000000000000000000000000001%.

It's just a phase that this thread was going through until the next question that spawns a debate pops up.

When people like Sketch and Seto get into a disagreement, it's basically an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. Both sides refuse to yield, so there's always a lot of crap flying around during these colossal conflicts. Seems like it happens every few weeks, so get used to it. :)

Did I mention their penchant to jump on every opportunity to correct minor, unimportant details, even though everyone knows what is intended?

Just figured you used "sketch" in your e-mail address because it was a suitable alternative to your forum moniker. I promise I won't dare sully Your Majesty's name ever again. :rolleyes:

Did I mention their penchant to jump on every opportunity to correct minor, unimportant details, even though everyone knows what is intended?

Ordinarily I wouldn't care. The problem is that this nickname you and others are using is exactly the same as another user's ID. Which is an important detail, no?

... especially as that has resulted in another user assuming Sketchley and Sketch were one and the same, blowing up at one or both of us, and ultimately being censured by the board's moderators.

So, in this case, it's a rather important detail that could see someone else ending up in hot water. Again.

Your nickname has failed. Please choose another. :p

When people like Sketch and Seto get into a disagreement, it's basically an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

Gah! Now look what you've done! I'm going to be stuck hearing every one of sketchley's posts in the voice of The Blob from the old X-Men cartoon now... :lol::p

(C'mon, we're not that bad...)

Edited by Seto Kaiba

So here's a question:

Why is purple the color of EVILLL(!!!) in Macross? It's present in pretty much all of the installments, except Plus:

M0: Nora's SV-51

SDFM: Minor, but Bodolza's N. Gers were purple. So were the Meltran vessels.

DYRL: All the Meltran vessels were purple-ish. Non-ace Q. Rau's were too.

M7: All the Varauta fighters were purple, as were many of the Protodeviln.

MF: Brera's VF-27, Galaxy, big Vajra ship at the end of Movie1 were all purple!

What gives?

Edited by Kelsain

Why is purple the color of EVILLL(!!!) in Macross? It's present in pretty much all of the installments, except Plus:

*shrugs* Maybe purple just looks naturally ominous or something?

(The one real good counterexample I can think of is Misty Klaus from Macross: Eternal Love Song, who had purple hair and was a legendary powered suit pilot with a rep rivaling Milia's.)

*shrugs* Maybe purple just looks naturally ominous or something?

(The one real good counterexample I can think of is Misty Klaus from Macross: Eternal Love Song, who had purple hair and was a legendary powered suit pilot with a rep rivaling Milia's.)

Then why have I never heard of her!!!?? :o

Anyways. I was watching Macross Plus again, and was watching the part where Isamu was hiding behind a building and reloading his gunpod. Now I know that The VF-11 and 19 supposedly carry an extra magazine or two for thier gunpods, behind there arm shield, but has there ever been any official art depicting it? Looking at the transformation art, and watching Macross 7, and checking out my Yamato's....How is it possible for there to be any extra mags, without it interfering with the Valkyries transformation. Or as usual I'm over thinking, and it's just animation magic?

but has there ever been any official art depicting it?

Yep. For the VF-11 at least.

Looking at the transformation art, and watching Macross 7, and checking out my Yamato's....How is it possible for there to be any extra mags, without it interfering with the Valkyries transformation. Or as usual I'm over thinking, and it's just animation magic?

Animation -> Toy; things will get lost in the conversion. This should be a given. You can't make a toy/model 100% like the show. Also, the VF-11 and VF-19 shield actually rests off-center on the left arm. This allows for the extra magazine.

Yep. For the VF-11 at least.

Animation -> Toy; things will get lost in the conversion. This should be a given. You can't make a toy/model 100% like the show. Also, the VF-11 and VF-19 shield actually rests off-center on the left arm. This allows for the extra magazine.

Could you be so kind and point me to the right direction of those pics azrael? I don't think I've ever come across them that I can recall. And wouldn't there still be hardly any room for the magazines when the arms fold under the shield, for both the 11 and 19?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while since I last re-watched Macross 7, but I vaguely recall the subject coming up in the Macross 7 Encore ep. "Which one do you love?". The one where Milia gets sick, and is convinced that she's dying, and goes a little crazy... and they conclude the episode by revealing that she's just got the space equivalent of the common cold. IIRC, at some point during that episode, Dr. Chiba says something about them not knowing how long a Zentradi's natural lifespan is.

(Really, considering their usual occupation, I can't imagine "natural causes" is something that Zentradi die of very often. I know that the plot for "Blind Game" had Quamzin/Kamjin set things up by assigning a guy who due to be decommissioned to gunnery so he could justify hitting the Macross directly.)

Supposedly, there are factory satellites devoted to cloning Zentradi soldiers out there... at least, according to Chronicle.

She looks damn fine for a woman in her fifties, but that's not really a Zentradi thing... that's the aforementioned punny bit about "growing old is a state of mind for normal people, and he/she is a genius". I dunno if we can treat the movie/DYRLverse version of Boddole Zer as an example, since he was part of a huge freaking warship and was 120,000 cycles/years old.

When one considers that the effects of the sun's radiation is a primary cause of aging and you have a race that spends most of its time in space (or a person for that matter) then it is easy to see why Millia as well as Max look so young in M7.

Then why have I never heard of her!!!?? :o

Prolly because "Eternal Love Song" is set in the Mac II continuity not the Studio Nue continuity where the bulk of Macross productions reside.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been nagging at me for a while, and now while watching Macross Frontier for the third time I need an answer damnit! /nerdrage

Is Michael a Zentrandi? In most of the shots I see him, he sports pointed ears...yet I can't find anything documented on his origins.

This has been nagging at me for a while, and now while watching Macross Frontier for the third time I need an answer damnit! /nerdrage

Is Michael a Zentrandi? In most of the shots I see him, he sports pointed ears...yet I can't find anything documented on his origins.

Yes, he has Zentradi blood, and maybe a bit of Zolan as well.

Hey peoples :)

I fell in love with Macross more than a year ago but sadly where I live (the Netherlands) there is not much content available. Anyhoo I decided to start my collection with buying the Macross Plus dvd because it is relatively easy to get. Now my question for you guys: should I get the new 2002 (ultimate) version or the old(er) version or does it not make a difference?

Btw if I am in the wrong section I apologize, please redirect me if that is the case.

Not a question really, but I didn't see the point in a new thread.

Been a Robotech fan since I was 8, a Macross fan since I was 16 and a member of these boards for 11 years.... and yet before today I had never watched macros 7 all the way through. When I was younger I couldnt get past the whole "he flies the plane with a guitar" thing. but I decided to give it a try since I hadn't done so.

And overall I liked it! :) it's goofy in parts, the animation is wonky as hell and I never want to hear Planet Dance ever again but otherwise... it's fun. not perfect, not exception, not the best in the franchise, but also not BAD and certainly worth seeing if you're a Macross fan. :)

Well thanks but I didn't expect it to take this long... I'm just gonna go ahead and purchase the old version.

Don't know If I write this in time for you to read it, but since you're in the Netherlands I suggest you going for the Ultimate Edition which was released by Manga UK in 2002. That one has both the OVA and Film versions of Macross Plus and the ova looks better than in the standard release. The ultimate edition is still available on Amazon UK and on the Bay some places at a very, very reasonable price. Hope this helps.