I've been out of the loop of Macross stuff for the last few years. But, I decided to watch DYRL a few days ago and that renewed my interest.

After a quick google search i read rumours about a new macross series or movie in production and can't find much on it nor can I find a thread here. Is there any truth to this rumour and can I get pointed to the thread?

Anyway it's good to be back.

I've been out of the loop of Macross stuff for the last few years. But, I decided to watch DYRL a few days ago and that renewed my interest.

After a quick google search i read rumours about a new macross series or movie in production and can't find much on it nor can I find a thread here. Is there any truth to this rumour and can I get pointed to the thread?

Anyway it's good to be back.

What Hulagu said. And the thread is here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37269

Say, whatever happened to the Macross Mechanics 2 covering SDF promised in the ad copy at the back of Volume 1?

It doesn't appear to have ever gone to print... nor be advertised for (aside from that ad in the back of Vol.1).

Short question: does anyone know if the guitar version of the SDF Macross theme that is featured as background music in Animeigo's DVD menu's is featured on any of the OSTs? I can't find out what's it's called, and as far as I can tell it's not on 'the complete' OST... Thanks!

And one more: I find it very hard to find information on official Japanese Macross DVD sets (with all the bootlegs around); was there ever an official Japanese R2 Macross F DVD box set with all episodes? And if so, does anyone have a link with more info (so I can see how it looks etc.)?

2 Questions, please....

According to the Mecha Manual site the VF-25F has...

"2 x Remington ES-25A 25mm high-speed machine guns

or 2 x Mauler RÖV-25 25mm beam machine guns (mounted left/right of intakes in Fighter/GERWALK mode, on rotating hip mounts in Battroid mode)"

Why the "or"? Did the animators show two different weapons in the series (or the movies)?

Until a minute ago I didn't even know there was a weapon mounted there! Maybe the action scenes are too fast for my eyes. O_o

The other question is, are "reaction bullets" (per Ozma) like depleted uranium rounds or are they itty-bitty nukes?

Thanks!

Short question: does anyone know if the guitar version of the SDF Macross theme that is featured as background music in Animeigo's DVD menu's is featured on any of the OSTs? I can't find out what's it's called, and as far as I can tell it's not on 'the complete' OST... Thanks!

Nope, it's never been released, unfortunately.

And one more: I find it very hard to find information on official Japanese Macross DVD sets (with all the bootlegs around); was there ever an official Japanese R2 Macross F DVD box set with all episodes? And if so, does anyone have a link with more info (so I can see how it looks etc.)?

No, although a lot of used shops in Japan will sell all nine DVDs together as a set.

2 Questions, please....

According to the Mecha Manual site the VF-25F has...

"2 x Remington ES-25A 25mm high-speed machine guns

or 2 x Mauler RÖV-25 25mm beam machine guns (mounted left/right of intakes in Fighter/GERWALK mode, on rotating hip mounts in Battroid mode)"

Why the "or"? Did the animators show two different weapons in the series (or the movies)?

Until a minute ago I didn't even know there was a weapon mounted there! Maybe the action scenes are too fast for my eyes. O_o

The other question is, are "reaction bullets" (per Ozma) like depleted uranium rounds or are they itty-bitty nukes?

Thanks!

I think I can accurately answer these questions, but if I'm wrong, one of the gurus will step in and correct me.

The specifications on any of the vehicles outline the standard and optional loadouts. In the case of the hip-joint guns, the pilot should be able to choose between the standard machine guns, or the beam machine guns.

"Reaction bullets" is probably a mistranslation. What he probably actually said was "reaction missile". A depleted uranium round doesn't actually explode like a mini-nuke, it's just a super-dense slug that will give the bullet a lot more range and penetration power.

Here's a more complete (and accurately translated) list of the weapons on a VF-25: http://sketchleystats.webatu.com/Statistics/VF-25/VF25.php#OFFENSIVE_SYSTEMS

Note 1: green is official setting. Steel blue is extended universe. Black is unofficial.

Note 2: a, b (c, d) are options for a given location. Ie: 1 ROV-25 or ES-25A on each wing joint/hip.

Maybe it was meant to be MDE Bullets? (MIcro-Dimension Eater)

Does anyone know if there are acceptable subtitles as .srt files out there for Macross F DVD/BR episodes? Not that picky, 'comprehensible' will do.

I'm not responding with any helpful info accept to say I know your pain. I just got that Maylasian copy you find on eBay and if this reply was one of the subtitles it would say...

Not talking back. Helpfulness is pain. I have now the duplication Malaysian in eBay kind also the many names would say...

I'm not responding with any helpful info accept to say I know your pain. I just got that Maylasian copy you find on eBay and if this reply was one of the subtitles it would say...

Not talking back. Helpfulness is pain. I have now the duplication Malaysian in eBay kind also the many names would say...

Well, at least thanks for this frighteningly convincing approximation of your typical Engrish subtitle right there. :)

Also tried one of those Malaysian bootlegs (yeah...) and not too keen on the whole torrent thing all the hip kids are doing, but if someone could point me to a place where I can find decent separate (fan) sub .srt files for use with the actual DVDs I'd be set.

Any production notes ever explain those glowy things on Zentradi armor, like in DYRL?

Theory time!

When that Meltrandi dies and it flashes on DYRL I assumed that was a "man down" indicator. Maybe those are command and control nodes that Protoculture knew how to access? Something to help ID units on the battlefield? Back in the 80's maybe that was the designer's idea of a Wi-Fi hotspot or communicator.

I have only watched the original 1982 series, DYRL, and Macross Zero. I'm planning on watching the rest of the Macross series soon.

Would it hurt my viewing experience if I watched Macross 7 first before moving on to Macross Plus? I know Macross Plus should come first chronologically. But if there aren't any plot or spoiler complications, I figured I'd get Macross 7 out of the way first since it's (supposedly) the weakest entry in the series.

Theory time!

When that Meltrandi dies and it flashes on DYRL I assumed that was a "man down" indicator. Maybe those are command and control nodes that Protoculture knew how to access? Something to help ID units on the battlefield? Back in the 80's maybe that was the designer's idea of a Wi-Fi hotspot or communicator.

Maybe it is the life force of the warrior leaving their body when they die?

Would it hurt my viewing experience if I watched Macross 7 first before moving on to Macross Plus? I know Macross Plus should come first chronologically. But if there aren't any plot or spoiler complications, I figured I'd get Macross 7 out of the way first.

Can anyone help me with this simple question? (I have only seen the original series and Macross Zero.)

Can anyone help me with this simple question? (I have only seen the original series and Macross Zero.)

You can watch 7 before Plus with no complications.

Anyone know who owns the English rights to Macross, I am asking about England, the U.K.?

Trademark listings in this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36541

For up-to-date listings, I would suggest doing a lookup on the UK Trademark Office website: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find.htm

I don't believe rights are sold/leased in such a manner. Usually it's by region (in the sense of continents) or territory (in the sense of countries).

In the case of Macross, the last I heard was that there are two economic rights holders*. One holds it for Japan, and the other for the rest of the world. Refer to the links provided by Azrael for specifics.

*as opposed to the moral rights. See here: http://www.cric.or.jp/cric_e/clj/ and here http://www.cric.or.jp/cric_e/clj/ocl.html for details.

I don't believe rights are sold/leased in such a manner. Usually it's by region (in the sense of continents) or territory (in the sense of countries).

In the case of Macross, the last I heard was that there are two economic rights holders*. One holds it for Japan, and the other for the rest of the world. Refer to the links provided by Azrael for specifics.

*as opposed to the moral rights. See here: http://www.cric.or.jp/cric_e/clj/ and here http://www.cric.or.j..._e/clj/ocl.html for details.

VF-27_driver was asking about trademarks.

IIRC the last time I did such a search HG held the trademark in the UK, as part of it's blitz when BW didn't defend it with the US trademarks office in 2003.

However Azrael's links have the latest information B))

To challenge the trademark in the UK and Canada, as far as I am aware, is much easier than in the US.