Because both of them are based on the Super/Strike parts, just modified and tweaked...?

(Although I think the Tornado parts look more like the Stampede Valkyrie than the VF-2SS....)

That and the Armored parts.

I always thought it was VF-0D or VF-11MAXL wings plus the Armored Gerwalk

post-1819-0-13521200-1323777433_thumb.jpg

big double turret is basically the same idea

Such a missed opportunity to use these in the Bye Bye Mars episode...

Does anyone know what numbers are on Max and Kakizaki's valks in the TV series? Is Kakizaki 111 and Max 112?

Other numbers are shown on 'em in the animation proper... a smaller number stencil under the canopy frame on the side of Max's bird is "SV-003" (presumably Skull/Vermillion 003").

This is probably a dumb question, but I don't remember where this was explained. Who exactly were the group from the Galaxy fleet that wanted to take control of the Varja? Were they vengeful micronized Zentraedi or what?

We don't know. Business men/women, politicians, gangsters, etc. People who wanted power.

Merchandise question: Did anyone in Japan ever produce a Macross pen and paper, or do we only have the Robotech RPG made by Palladium?

What brought this up is there is an Evangelion Pen and Paper and it made me wonder if such a thing for Macross existed.

Merchandise question: Did anyone in Japan ever produce a Macross pen and paper, or do we only have the Robotech RPG made by Palladium?

Macross letter set and notebooks:http://www.macrosswo...les_letters.htm

As for pen maybe in the collectors secction you will find something related like erasers, sharpeners, pencilboards and etc...

http://www.macrosswo...hp?showforum=42

Edited by Lobizon

This is probably a dumb question, but I don't remember where this was explained. Who exactly were the group from the Galaxy fleet that wanted to take control of the Varja? Were they vengeful micronized Zentraedi or what?

To help with the process of elimination, Sheryl mentioned that there are no Zentraedi on the Galaxy fleet. She mentioned that she'd only met Zentraedi on her tours to other fleets and they were only in their miclone form then, too. Her visit to Frontier was the first time she'd seen them in their natural form.

To help with the process of elimination, Sheryl mentioned that there are no Zentraedi on the Galaxy fleet. She mentioned that she'd only met Zentraedi on her tours to other fleets and they were only in their miclone form then, too. Her visit to Frontier was the first time she'd seen them in their natural form.

And I wonder if there's a connection to the lack of Zentraedi on Galaxy and the physical appearance of the Galaxy Braintrust in Wings of Goodbye. Is it just me, or does it look like they grafted themselves into a Zentraedi archivist's brain? Even the uplink "tentacles" looked like Exedol's little appendages.

And I wonder if there's a connection to the lack of Zentraedi on Galaxy and the physical appearance of the Galaxy Braintrust in Wings of Goodbye. Is it just me, or does it look like they grafted themselves into a Zentraedi archivist's brain? Even the uplink "tentacles" looked like Exedol's little appendages.

That's exactly why I thought they might be micronized Zentraedi.

Actually, the design for the whatever-you-wanna-call-it the Galaxy bigwigs "live" in looks a LOT like the brains on the command deck of Ingues's mobile fortress in Macross II: Lovers Again.

What would be the best of these crossovers?

Macross/Mass Effect, Macross/Transformers or Macross/Star Wars?

How about this?

http://www.macrosswo...=0

Spamming.

The following is a (non-exhaustive) list of what may be considered spamming:

• Creating a new topic in order to draw attention to another topic.
  • Responding to a post in another topic by creating a new topic.
  • Creating several new topics at once. If you have multiple questions, please group them under one topic.
  • Making short or non-nonsensical responses in order to increase your post count.
  • Commercial (standard) spam.
  • Cross-universe "Versus" topics. <<<<<
  • Jennifer Aniston.

Man, that sucks.

And a new question. I was bumming around M3 when I noticed something extremely odd. Let me summarize it for you:

Macross 1: launched in Sep. 2030

Macross Galaxy/21: launched in (late?) 2031

Macross 7: launched in 2038

Macross Frontier/25: launched in 2041

This hurts my brain so I'm going to sleep on it. G'night.

And a new question. I was bumming around M3 when I noticed something extremely odd. Let me summarize it for you:

Macross 1: launched in Sep. 2030

Macross Galaxy/21: launched in (late?) 2031

Macross 7: launched in 2038

Macross Frontier/25: launched in 2041

Here's a list of launch dates/last seen/major events that might help make sense (as always, green is official setting, light blue is extended universe, and black is none of the above): http://www.macrossro...tions.htm#slref

One way to look at it is:

- the fleets may not have been produced and/or launched in order (eg the 55th launches before the 47th)

- fleets may have been launched by private organizations and later (perhaps after having grown to sufficient size) given a SLREF designation.

- some fleets/emigrant ships were destroyed during construction (eg 24th and 25th) and the numbers were never used

- at least 1 fleet (43rd) never launched as a fleet; instead remaining at it's place of construction.

Edited by sketchley