Speculation:

They might be trying to maximize the licences they do have, while the IP is still in the public consciousness (for Japanese anime fans, that's generally a lot shorter than what us English speaking fans are used to - and SDFM being the exception to the rule).

Speculation:

They might be trying to maximize the licences they do have, while the IP is still in the public consciousness (for Japanese anime fans, that's generally a lot shorter than what us English speaking fans are used to - and SDFM being the exception to the rule).

I get that they'd rather milk what's current, but there was a massive gap between Zero and Frontier, and a slightly lesser one between Frontier and Delta where they could have pumped out a few kits but sadly didn't :(

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, jenius said:

Can someone tell me the length of the VF-31 in fighter mode and the height in battroid? I want to make sure I do the scale math when I post my review.

The VF-31 is 19.31m long in Fighter mode and 15.33m tall (not counting the beam machine gun barrel).

Fighter mode is spot on 1/60 then. Battroid is going to be a lot trickier to figure out given all the different things that can extend and different angles that can be achieved... I had it at 24CM at first measure which is a little small... should be 25.5...

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Fighter mode is spot on 1/60 then. Battroid is going to be a lot trickier to figure out given all the different things that can extend and different angles that can be achieved... I had it at 24CM at first measure which is a little small... should be 25.5...

Is that with the ankles collapsed or extended? 

16 hours ago, Scream Man said:

Is that with the ankles collapsed or extended? 

I'm pretty sure that's with ankles collapsed, I'll check it out again as I'll be shooting a transformation video shortly. I was checking out the art and the instruction manual and it seems like ankles collapsed is the default position... I'm no VF-31 expert though so let me know if you think I'm off there.

The VF-31 is 19.31m long in Fighter mode and 15.33m tall (not counting the beam machine gun barrel).

Seto, thanks for the quick answer. I got another one for you (or anyone else), do you happen to have the battroid size of a VF-171? Looks like Macross Mecha Manual has fighter dimensions only.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Seto, thanks for the quick answer. I got another one for you (or anyone else), do you happen to have the battroid size of a VF-171? Looks like Macross Mecha Manual has fighter dimensions only.

Ah... it pains me to admit this, but I've come up empty-handed after a quick check of all my available resources.

I'd assume, given that it's a derivative of the VF-17 Nightmare that isn't all that different in Battroid mode, it's probably ~15.18m.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Ah... it pains me to admit this, but I've come up empty-handed after a quick check of all my available resources.

I'd assume, given that it's a derivative of the VF-17 Nightmare that isn't all that different in Battroid mode, it's probably ~15.18m.

There's nothing in the Official Setting materials that I've come across that have indicated the Battroid size - and despite how cool the Mecha Colle series are, they don't have any stats or write-ups, unlike they're large 1/72 (etc.) cousins.

The only hint to the height I have is that the VF-171 has a 'smarter' form in Battroid than the VF-17.  Given the Japanese penchant for not including a subject in their sentences, that could be just as applicable to the height as it is to the more logically relevant leaner body proportions - in the sense that in addition to reducing the bulk, the limbs/torso/whatever are subtly elongated.  Thus, a height increase (but still in the ball park of the height in Seto's post.  [if memory serves, the source for that is Macross Chronicle]

2 hours ago, dizman said:

So silly question about Mac7 music, was the terrible quality version of Planet Dance (the one with gunfire and Gamlin berating Basara in the background) ever actually released on CD or some other media in Japan? 

It was! It's on the first album, Let's Fire, along with the studio duet version of Basara and Mylene singing it. It was important to the rise of Fire Bomber's fame so it was included, even though it isn't really all that good and exists mainly as a nod to the show.

Edited by Master Dex

14 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

What does the "SV-" prefix stand for in some variable fighters (SV-51, SV-52, SV-154, SV-262), and how does it differ from VF-"?  Also, what about "Fz-", as in the Fz-109?

"Sv" is a bit tricky, as it's used in two different contexts in Macross.

Initially, by which I mean "during the Unification Wars", the designation Sv- referred to variable fighters which had been developed by Russia's Sukhoi Company.  It's just the variable fighter equivalent of the modern Su- assigned to Sukhoi's conventional jet fighters.

Circa 2060, Sv- has been coopted by the SV Works, a development program group founded by one of the lead engineers who helped develop the Sv-51 for the Anti-Unification Alliance... and who hadn't been particularly invested in the Alliance's goals.  The group was founded as one branch of General Galaxy's variable fighter division, but was later sold off to an Epsilon Foundation subsidiary called Dian Cecht.  The Sv- in fighters developed by the SV Works (and the SV Works name itself) stands for "Slayer Valkyrie", reflective of the fact that the overall design philosophy of the SV Works was to develop variable fighters designed to combat other variable fighters rather than hostile alien forces.  It's that meaning of Sv- that applies to the Sv-154 Svard and Sv-262 Draken III.

As far as Fz- goes... I have no bloody idea.  Possibly an in-universe nod to the fact that the genesis of those designs was as fighters for the Zaibach Empire faction in Air Cavalry Chronicles (the story that became The Vision of Escaflowne).

Edited by Seto Kaiba

The Sv-154 and Sv-262 to me are on a similar ambiguity as those of the YF-27 and YF-30 that NUNS Central didn't receive the full specs due to loopholes in the law.

Plus there is subtext that Sv Works under General Galaxy has been doing this for decades supplying Anti-UN groups. (Credit to Sketchley and Wakusei for the translations.)

Great Mechanics G 2016 Summer

The Secret Story Of The Draken III's Creation

Sv-262Hs Draken III
The Variable Fighter used by the Windermere Kingdom. For its development, the Sv-262 has roots in the Sv-51, and the Sv-262's originated in the participation of engineers that were descended from the Anti-Unification Alliance - which despite being defeated in the Unification War, was proud of its great technological strength.

Liner Notes VF History

Alexi Kurakin, miraculously survived the interstellar war. Kurakin was the man who led the VF-4 project from start to finish

After making the SV-51, he defected to the UN government. Under the United Nations military prior to Space War 1, Kurakin worked as a civilian engineer in the VF-1’s development, after which he became a contracted employee of Stonewell Belcom, where he suddenly was left in charge of the VF-4 project.

After development of the VF-4, Kurakin did not join Shinsei Industries but created General Galaxy

Kurakin foresaw that with humanity’s sudden emergence into galactic space, it would be fighting against humanity that would escalate more than that against Zentradi. The main weapon in a war of humans versus humans would be the VF. Kurakin set up the SV design division as a special development team in General Galaxy. The SV design division worked on designs of “anti-VF VFs,” and there is talk of prototyping and limited run production, but this is of course top secret and the facts of it are unknown. There are also rumors of field testing on colony planets such those on the frontier.

As these aircraft constantly possessed maneuverability surpassing the mainstream fighters of the UN Spacy at all times, they were called VF-killers. It is also said that the SV in SV development division is Slayer of VF or Slayer of Valkyrie.

Macross Chronicle Revised Ed. - Mechanic: Other UN 04B: Variable Guraaji / Neo Guraaji

Variable Glaug
A Zentraadi one-man Glaug Battle Pod aircraft development series. In the same way as the Variable Fighters in the Earth side, it transforms to the three forms of Fighter, GERWALK, and Battroid. Even though it's said to have been a weapon that a Zentradi Insurrection Element developed with obtained Earth technology, its details are unknown.

Neo-Glaug

it's likely that the Variable Glaug is considered to be an aircraft based on the Neo-Glaug that was improved upon by the Anti Unification Power.

Mechanic: Other 10B: Vanquish Race Related Aircraft

Neo Glaug

It has a complicated origin where it is said that it was based on a Variable Battle Pod, which was developed with the VF technology that the Lost Zentradi gathered after the First Interstellar War

Macross The Ride

VBP-1/VA-110 Neo-Glaug
Specs
Model Designation: VBP-1/VA-110
Classification: Variable Battle Pod
Attached to: Earth Main Planetary Fleet "Fasces"
Design: Macross Combine [Business Concern] / General Galaxy / New Nile Armoury
Manufacturing: Protodeviln Automated Arsenal
Empty Weight: 27,500 kg
Engine: Roicommi / General Galaxy Thermonuclear Converter FC-2450?

Airframe Explanation
VBP-1/VA-110 Neo Glaug
A variable battle pod that's based on the EVA (Enemy Valkyrie, Enemy Variable Fighter) that was developed by use of the Earth side's technology which was leaked to the lost Zentradi in the latter half of the 2010s. The Neo Glaug is an EVA that the Macross Combine completed while taking in the design of such things as the VF-4 Lightning; the EVA having not achieved the rebirth of high-performance Glaug.

Queadluun-Alma
From Macross Compendium

• Designer: Quimeliquola 74710020692nd Zentradi F.A.W.D.P/General Galaxy
  • Equipment Type: Battle Suits
  • Affiliation: FASCES

The design, developed by Earth engineers who defected to rogue Zentradi who designed the Feious Valkyrie, incorporated the technology from the enemy Valkyrie with the Queadluun-Rau and it has a variable function to a high-speed flight form.

The Zentradi Variable Glaug definitely a Sv Work product though covertly. The Feious Valkyrie maybe but as far as we know it was built by the guys who stole the VFX-11 during the 2030 Macross City uprising. Lost Zentradi with upgraded kit had the Feious in 2047 and later seen used by Zentrad Anti-UN group Black Rainbow in 2050 to 2051. Macross the Ride says General Galaxy employed those engineers at some point.

General Galaxy got so bloated that they don't know what their subsidiaries do. Take Macross Galaxy's Guld Works. The YF-27-5 prototype intruded on the Vanquish race for illegal combat testing. Hell Macross Galaxy didn't send the finalized specs mass producing the YF-27 to the VF-27. Because they were planning to revolt in the first place.

4 hours ago, RedWolf said:

The Sv-154 and Sv-262 to me are on a similar ambiguity as those of the YF-27 and YF-30 that NUNS Central didn't receive the full specs due to loopholes in the law.

Profoundly unlikely, IMO... given that Windermere IV was a compliant member of the New UN Government when the Sv-154 was in service and even deployed the Aerial Knights to reinforce the NUNS against a Zentradi fleet.  The Sv-262 also seems like its specs were disclosed, as Xaos was able to identify it right away as soon as the Aerial Knights stopped using ECM to disguise the fighters and their affiliation.

As noted in Macross 30, manufacturers aren't required to immediately disclose the specs of prototype aircraft that are still being developed.  It was no loophole behind Macross Galaxy's failure to disclose the final specs of what became the VF-27, they simply ignored the law to keep the fleet's trump card secret.  The YF-30 was a case of Shinsei and SMS gaming the system, using the YF classification to defer disclosing specs for the fold dimensional resonance system and other advances they would otherwise have had to pony up had the aircraft been classified as a VF-X experimental or VF production airframe.

Plus there is subtext that Sv Works under General Galaxy has been doing this for decades supplying Anti-UN groups. (Credit to Sketchley and Wakusei for the translations.)

No, they indicate that development of SV Works programs was top secret and that there are rumors of field tests being carried out on colony worlds, but there's no statement implying the SV Works were in the habit of illegal arms sales... at least, until they were sold off to Dian Cecht and the Epsilon Foundation.

(The legality of Dian Cecht's sales of the Sv-262 to Windermere IV is debatable... but we don't see anything in the series that indicates that it's out-and-out illegal, and they do seem to have disclosed the existence and specs of the fighter to the government.)

The Zentradi Variable Glaug definitely a Sv Work product though covertly. The Feious Valkyrie maybe but as far as we know it was built by the guys who stole the VFX-11 during the 2030 Macross City uprising. Lost Zentradi with upgraded kit had the Feious in 2047 and later seen used by Zentrad Anti-UN group Black Rainbow in 2050 to 2051. Macross the Ride says General Galaxy employed those engineers at some point.

General Galaxy got so bloated that they don't know what their subsidiaries do. Take Macross Galaxy's Guld Works. The YF-27-5 prototype intruded on the Vanquish race for illegal combat testing. Hell Macross Galaxy didn't send the finalized specs mass producing the YF-27 to the VF-27. Because they were planning to revolt in the first place.

Sorry, but your conclusion here doesn't make any sense at all.

There are a boatload of problems with the Variable Glaug being a SV Works program... the first, and most glaring, problem with that assertion would be that the Variable Glaug's development predates the founding of both General Galaxy and the SV Works.  It was a combat-ready and complete production aircraft less than a year after General Galaxy was founded and General Galaxy only got involved with it after a unit was captured by the Dancing Skulls and the miitary decided to produce their own version of it.  It also wouldn't make any sense for them to need to steal a VF-4 to reverse-engineer into the Variable Glaug, considering the Variable Glaug was produced while Alexi Kurakin was still alive, and he was both the founder of the SV Works and leader of the VF-4's design team.

The Macross the Ride info about the Neo Glaug is actually incorrect, the writer confused the Neo Glaug with the Variable Glaug.  The Neo Glaug was the drone version developed decades later as a rival to the Ghost X-9 and was definitely NOT developed for anti-government forces.  Also, as FASCES was a splinter organization of Latence, they were being armed and equipped under the table by the Earth supremacist factions in the New UN Forces.  That its manufacturer is listed partly as General Galaxy and the Quimeliquola AWDAP station makes perfect sense when you consider it's equal parts Feios Valkyrie (allegedly a Critical Path Corp. product) and reproduction Queadluun-Rau parts (made by General Galaxy at that very facility).

The SV Works would not have needed to steal technology or whole aircraft to develop their designs.  They were a division of the most forward-thinking VF manufacturer in the business, the one that was always pushing the OTM envelope farther than the more conservative and more successful Shinsei Industry.  Everything they would've needed would've been right at their fingertips, and arguably better than the technology Shinsei was using.

There are two General Galaxy products, one of which we know Alexi was connected with, that fit the profile of the SV Works' design ethos and emphasis on anti-VF combat.  One is the VF-9 Cutlass, which shares a very similar transformation system to a known SV Works project (their Sv-262) and which Alexi was reportedly involvevd in the development of.  The other is the VF-22, was is explicitly an anti-VF VF intended to be used to suppress armed revolts in the colonies through decapitation strikes.  Were it not already attributed to the General Galaxy Guld Works, the VF-22HG would fit the bill perfectly... being that it's an anti-VF VF developed by General Galaxy, tested in secret, and built in vanishingly small numbers.

Are any Valkyries ever referred o by their name in-canon? Other than the VF-1 i mean. We as fans call the 262's 'Drakens' but are they ever referred to that in-universe?

Even the 19's and 22's are just called 'fighters' or 'Valkyries' as far as i can remember. 

So 'Valkyrie' went ont o become the slang for any variable fighter, yes? 

8 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

Are any Valkyries ever referred o by their name in-canon? Other than the VF-1 i mean. We as fans call the 262's 'Drakens' but are they ever referred to that in-universe?

Even the 19's and 22's are just called 'fighters' or 'Valkyries' as far as i can remember.  

There are a couple cases... but not many that leap to mind.  Macross the Ride name-dropped a couple different ones, if only because those were local specifications that were given unique names (e.g. VF-19EF Caliburn).  Col. Millard Johnson refers to the VF-11 by name when he does his little Project Super Nova introductory bit in Macross Plus's first episode.  When Arad finally drops the exposition about Windermere and the Aerial Knights in Macross Delta Ep5, he does refer to it by its designation and its name.  Non-animated sources tend to drop names more than animated ones, in my experience... video games being the most common ones.  Macross 30 is particularly good about it.  The VF-19's name gets dropped a few times, but I don't believe the VF-22's does.  I don't believe the VF-25 and VF-27 get name-dropped in Macross Frontier itself, but that may have something to do with them going into it unnamed and having their names decided by a fan contest.  The prototype (YF-25 Prophecy) is name-dropped a few times.

I'm not sure if the VF-2SS counts, since they refer to it as a Valkyrie... but its name is Valkyrie (II).  They do name drop the Metal Siren when the unarmed replica is shown off at the Moon Festival.

9 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

So 'Valkyrie' went ont o become the slang for any variable fighter, yes? 

Yep.  After the First Space War, "Valkyrie" became shorthand for Variable Fighter.

2 hours ago, Scream Man said:

I think part of the reason for that is that Kawamori-san is very careful at making his anime as clear as possible for the layman (this is part and parcel with his tendencies in visual design.  E.g.: in MF, the main VF should've been the VF-19, but because of its similarities to the VF-25 (and to a lesser extent), he chose the visually distinct VF-171; giving all of us fans a headache trying to correlate the in-universe changes).

Having the characters throw a bunch of foreign names around for different Valkyries is just confusing for non-hard-core viewers (like ST:TNG and technobabble).  The KISS principle at work.

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but did the VF-17 ever have an underbelly gunpod like the VF-171? If I remember correctly, the VF-17's main weapons were the arm-mounted, internal gun(pod?)s.

Moving on from there, does the animation (of either Frontier or Delta) ever show how the VF-171 gunpod goes from underbelly to handheld, or is it just anime magic the same way all VFs pre-VF-31 did it and we're to assume that the gunpod spends some amount of time separate from the VF until the VF grabs it?

17 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but did the VF-17 ever have an underbelly gunpod like the VF-171? If I remember correctly, the VF-17's main weapons were the arm-mounted, internal gun(pod?)s.

Moving on from there, does the animation (of either Frontier or Delta) ever show how the VF-171 gunpod goes from underbelly to handheld, or is it just anime magic the same way all VFs pre-VF-31 did it and we're to assume that the gunpod spends some amount of time separate from the VF until the VF grabs it?

The VF-17 has a handheld gunpod like most other VFS. It folds up and fits inside one of the legs in fighter and GERWALK modes. It fires through a small port in the leg in fighter mode, but in GERWALK it points upward so it would end up shooting the airframe in that mode.

11 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Profoundly unlikely, IMO... given that Windermere IV was a compliant member of the New UN Government when the Sv-154 was in service and even deployed the Aerial Knights to reinforce the NUNS against a Zentradi fleet.  The Sv-262 also seems like its specs were disclosed, as Xaos was able to identify it right away as soon as the Aerial Knights stopped using ECM to disguise the fighters and their affiliation.

As noted in Macross 30, manufacturers aren't required to immediately disclose the specs of prototype aircraft that are still being developed.  It was no loophole behind Macross Galaxy's failure to disclose the final specs of what became the VF-27, they simply ignored the law to keep the fleet's trump card secret.  The YF-30 was a case of Shinsei and SMS gaming the system, using the YF classification to defer disclosing specs for the fold dimensional resonance system and other advances they would otherwise have had to pony up had the aircraft been classified as a VF-X experimental or VF production airframe.

I wouldn't call Windermere a full member more of an associate as unlike Voldor or Ragna they do not identify their own militia as NUNS or UN Forces akin to Zola Galaxy Patrol. At the time they were allies. Unlike the Zola Galaxy Patrol they do not identify their mobile weapons as a VF or any type of variable unit like VB or VA.

No, they indicate that development of SV Works programs was top secret and that there are rumors of field tests being carried out on colony worlds, but there's no statement implying the SV Works were in the habit of illegal arms sales... at least, until they were sold off to Dian Cecht and the Epsilon Foundation.

(The legality of Dian Cecht's sales of the Sv-262 to Windermere IV is debatable... but we don't see anything in the series that indicates that it's out-and-out illegal, and they do seem to have disclosed the existence and specs of the fighter to the government.)

The implication to me is that before the Neo Glaug rolled out Kurakin leaked the technology to Lost Zentradi to get combat data. Hence field testing on frontier worlds like Cristrania. Mind you Windermere is frontier world as well.

Sorry, but your conclusion here doesn't make any sense at all.

There are a boatload of problems with the Variable Glaug being a SV Works program... the first, and most glaring, problem with that assertion would be that the Variable Glaug's development predates the founding of both General Galaxy and the SV Works.  It was a combat-ready and complete production aircraft less than a year after General Galaxy was founded and General Galaxy only got involved with it after a unit was captured by the Dancing Skulls and the miitary decided to produce their own version of it.  It also wouldn't make any sense for them to need to steal a VF-4 to reverse-engineer into the Variable Glaug, considering the Variable Glaug was produced while Alexi Kurakin was still alive, and he was both the founder of the SV Works and leader of the VF-4's design team.

Note OTEC was split up with one of its companies becoming General Galaxy. Kurakin himself was Anti-UN prior to defecting. His mentality isn't making anti-alien mobile weapons but human on human mobile weapons like the Sv-51.

Now it isn't certain Zentradi developed the Variable Glaug on their own as Macross Chronicle Mechanic: Other UN 04B: Variable Guraaji / Neo Guraaji implies some parallel development going on between the Variable Glaug and Neo Glaug.

It isn't the first time Alexi Kurakin rolled out a craft based on another craft's data that hasn't rolled out yet.

Note as Manfred Brando has shown leaking tech for testing to improve the final product is something that happens in the Macross setting.

43 minutes ago, RedWolf said:

I wouldn't call Windermere a full member more of an associate as unlike Voldor or Ragna they do not identify their own militia as NUNS or UN Forces akin to Zola Galaxy Patrol. At the time they were allies. Unlike the Zola Galaxy Patrol they do not identify their mobile weapons as a VF or any type of variable unit like VB or VA.

Windermere had a New UN Forces garrison on it... the Aerial Knights were a separate organization, possibly out of respect for Windermere IV's local traditions, but they still behaved as a part of the New UN Forces including answering requests for reinforcement.  (If we look to Variable Fighter Episdoe Archive, they're not the only ones to do this.  Sewell also had an independent space defense force.)

Also, the fighters flown by Windermere IV's defense forces not being designated "VF" has nothing to do with it.  That the Svard and Draken III were not designated VF-# means only that they were not developed under a New UN Government contract and were marketed directly to the local government instead of through the New UN Forces.

44 minutes ago, RedWolf said:

The implication to me is that before the Neo Glaug rolled out Kurakin leaked the technology to Lost Zentradi to get combat data. Hence field testing on frontier worlds like Cristrania. Mind you Windermere is frontier world as well.

Again, the timing problem... the Variable Glaug was already well into its development, and possibly even completed, before General Galaxy and the SV Works were even established.  It was already a production aircraft in 2018, less than a year after the merger of OTEC and those various Destroid manufacturers formed General Galaxy.

The Neo Glaug is an unmanned fighter that was demonstrated as a prototype in 2040 as a rival program to the Ghost X-9.  The Variable Glaug (UN Forces ver.) was the starting point in its development, but the Neo Glaug was developed for the UN Forces with no indication of any rogue Zentradi involvement.

Your reasoning here doesn't pan out, partly because you keep leaning on a description in Macross the Ride that confused the manned and the unmanned versions of the craft.

45 minutes ago, RedWolf said:

Note OTEC was split up with one of its companies becoming General Galaxy. Kurakin himself was Anti-UN prior to defecting. His mentality isn't making anti-alien mobile weapons but human on human mobile weapons like the Sv-51.

Now it isn't certain Zentradi developed the Variable Glaug on their own as Macross Chronicle Mechanic: Other UN 04B: Variable Guraaji / Neo Guraaji implies some parallel development going on between the Variable Glaug and Neo Glaug.

It isn't the first time Alexi Kurakin rolled out a craft based on another craft's data that hasn't rolled out yet.

Note as Manfred Brando has shown leaking tech for testing to improve the final product is something that happens in the Macross setting.

As a point of order, OTEC did not "split up".  In 2017, OTEC merged with several other companies to form General Galaxy.

The OTEC "brand" continued on as a division of General Galaxy in the aftermath of the merger, the same way Shinnakasu continued after their merger with Stonewell Bellcom to form Shinsei Industry.

The Macross Chronicle sheet in question (Mechanic Other UN 04B) has the same error of chronology that the Macross the Ride article had... the alleged implication of parallel development is nothing more than an error the writer's part, because we know for a fact the Neo Glaug was developed from the Variable Glaug in-universe, not vice versa.  (In production terms, the Variable Glaug was developed for Macross M3 as the manned predecessor to the Neo Glaug in the Macross Plus video game edition.)

As the only two known SV Works projects are the Sv-154 Svard and Sv-262 Draken III, I have to wonder what project you claim Alexi Kurakin supposedly rolled out based on another craft's incomplete data, since he reportedly snuffed it while the VF-9 was still under development.

What Manfred Brando did is well known, but he didn't work for the SV Works... his company, Critical Path, was confirmed to be developing and supplying arms for anti-government forces and testing those weapons in the field.  That's an allegation you haven't been able to make stick to the SV Works, given that we're only told that they developed new designs in secret and may have tested some of them in the colonies (with no actual implication that said testing was illegal).

32 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

I'm sorry if this was answered before...

a83280d8ab600287a362c1e4b310d1c4.image.5

How exactly was Klan controlling the FAST packs?

Dramatic license.

Seriously, no clue.  It's silly as hell and the off-model animation of the scene only adds to the narminess of the whole affair.

15 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Dramatic license.

Seriously, no clue.  It's silly as hell and the off-model animation of the scene only adds to the narminess of the whole affair.

I'd understand if she was wearing a "macronized" EX-Gear as an interface, but nope.

43 minutes ago, VF-27_driver said:

HI all,

Sorry for bringing up this up, am sure its done its rounds??  What is with the German in Delta?

Hm?  You mean Messer counting in German in the first episode?  I don't honestly recall much German besides that... plenty of Norse, since the staff has been on a "use Norse mythological references for the Protoculture" kick since Macross 30.  For a while we thought they were going to go for Ring of the Niebelung on us what with Freyja, Siegfried, and Draken, but no dice...

Messer Ihlefeld is named for a German aircraft manufacturer (Messerschmitt) and a famous World War II German fighter pilot (Herbert Ihlefeld)... it seems only natural he'd speak a bit of German.  The aviation in-jokes are thick on the ground when it comes to Delta Flight and Walkure, with Mirage and Freyja being the only odd ones out.

6 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hm?  You mean Messer counting in German in the first episode?  I don't honestly recall much German besides that... plenty of Norse, since the staff has been on a "use Norse mythological references for the Protoculture" kick since Macross 30.  For a while we thought they were going to go for Ring of the Niebelung on us what with Freyja, Siegfried, and Draken, but no dice...

Messer Ihlefeld is named for a German aircraft manufacturer (Messerschmitt) and a famous World War II German fighter pilot (Herbert Ihlefeld)... it seems only natural he'd speak a bit of German.  The aviation in-jokes are thick on the ground when it comes to Delta Flight and Walkure, with Mirage and Freyja being the only odd ones out.

Not to mention the SV-262 being a reference to the Me 262.