since the ARMD-L is presumably not an independent ship and simply just a detachable module of the Macross quarter,

But it is an independent ship that can fly around and fold navigate on its own.

Where can I find pictures and bios of the seven Jenius daughters, and who of them can be seen where in anime?

I know of child Komilia Maria in SDFM, Mylene Flare in 7, i think there is Emilia in 7 movie? and a historical thread also mentions a family picture in or from Dynamite?

Thanks!

Edited by Saruta

There are actually eight daughters. Max and Milia adopted Moaramia in the events of the 2003 Dreamcast game Macross M3. As for what happened to Moaramia after the events of the game, I don't know. Considering the other daughters--

Komilia: She became a Valkyrie pilot just like her parents in the alternate timeline of Macross II. As for the current timeline... who knows?

Miracle: She was called Miracle because Milia's pregnancy that time was very difficult. Other than that, I don't know.

Muse and Therese: They're twins and that's about it.

Emilia: We saw her in the M7 movie but as to where she got her special Queadluun power armor or what happened after that, we don't know.

Miranda: I think I read on the Compendium that Miranda was studying at a university during M7?

Mylene: We know what happened during M7, D7, the movie and all the other Macross 7 stuff. In 2060, she's still has a solo career, I believe.

Here's the family picture from D7:

post-14071-0-19861700-1376252455_thumb.jpg

Here's some fan art. :)

post-14071-0-14088700-1376252620_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Besides the two page spread in the VF-25 master file, has there been any information published on the YF-24/YF-24 Evolution? Has any of that been translated yet?

Eh... a few fun tidbits here and there in various publications, usually in the description of how some other model of VF related to its design came into being. I've poked at the YF/VF-24 bit in Master File a bit, but I've never finished it. sketchley would probably be the one most likely to have gone over it in detail.

Does anyone know know or want to guess how many missiles are in the VF-27 FAST packs?

It looks like it has 2 MM ports on each leg and 7 ports on the Booster unit.

AFAIK, there isn't an official count... there's probably loads of missiles in there, maybe something like 90 a side the way Master File says there are in the VF-25's Super Pack?

• 2 weeks later...

This guy needs help lol..

He thinks DYRL is a fictional movie made inside Macross.

He's actually right....kinda. Within the Macross universe, they made a movie, coincidentally named "Do You Remember Love?". And it kinda looked like DYRL?. Kinda like how they made a film called "Bird Man" in Frontier which coincidentally looks like Macross Zero. Some facts were changed and such to make it work for a movie and as a work of drama, but within the Macross-universe, they did make a movie, that coincidentally, looks a lot like Do You Remember Love?. We don't know if Minmay ever sang "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?", but she probably didn't. But why does history have to get in the way of good drama. We see these works of fiction as if we are watching them after they have happened just like some shows about periods before our time. No one can say for sure if that's how it did happen exactly, but the one true fact is that it's fiction or drama, based on historical events.

But I thought Bird Man was .. Well basically like a Movie based on the Shin story as its obviously

based on their (Frontier's) history time line, since Mao was watching over Ranka as a child, talking about the one

Who could speak to the wind or what not, those two interconnect those stories.

Where as DYRL is supposed to be just a Movie version of the TV series,

Where was it said that there's even a slight chance it's a fictional piece inside

Of its own universe?

I thought the end result is, Minmay saved mankind, Hikaru got with Misa, and then

All three disappeared with the Megaroad.

It just adds to the confusion because too me, Zero, Plus, 7 and Frontier all seem to connect thoroughly.

Bleh, and anyway what the hell is the Birdman?

I never quite figured out the point of that story.

But I thought Bird Man was .. Well basically like a Movie based on the Shin story as its obviously based on their (Frontier's) history time line,

Yes.

Where as DYRL is supposed to be just a Movie version of the TV series,

It's that as well. To us.

Where was it said that there's even a slight chance it's a fictional piece inside Of its own universe?

Glad you asked because there's a thread for that. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30317

I thought the end result is, Minmay saved mankind, Hikaru got with Misa, and then All three disappeared with the Megaroad.

You betcha'. Give that man a cigar.

Bleh, and anyway what the hell is the Birdman?

AFOS. And Shin.

So is it basically saying that one could say DYRL

Was a historically based movie on the SDF-1 triangle

By movies makers after the disappearance of the Megaroad.

Like "platoon" is to Vietnam?

Right?

But, that falls flat as a theory simply because the rest of

The later Macross stories visually use the elements from DYRL

Like Boldoza's ship and the SDF's. Plus I thought Kawamori said

DYRL is just SDFM in a Movie format, it's the same story/ time.

Just changed for theatrical needs (3 tier).

Midnight ramblings...

So is it basically saying that one could say DYRL

Was a historically based movie on the SDF-1 triangle

By movies makers after the disappearance of the Megaroad.

Like "platoon" is to Vietnam?

Right?

Midnight ramblings...

Don't think about it too hard or you'll give yourself a psychotic episode. :D

Like "platoon" is to Vietnam? Right?

Bingo.

But, that falls flat as a theory simply because the rest of The later Macross stories visually use the elements from DYRL Like Boldoza's ship and the SDF's. Plus I thought Kawamori said DYRL is just SDFM in a Movie format, it's the same story/ time.

And it's that as well.

Don't think about it too hard or you'll give yourself a psychotic episode. :D

What he said.

Midnight ramblings...

The DRYL moviemakers could have simply used what ships were available, like one of the SDFN class instead of the SDFM itself. Much like the 60's WWII movies didn't use the exact ships or aircraft that were depicted. They aren't going to rip the SDFM out of the center of Macross City just to make a film.

Kawamori treats Macross productions like historical dramas. The spine of the story is based in historical fact (within the universe) but the details are open to dramatic interpretations.

Some folks like to canonize one thing or another, but all we can count on really is a general historical timeline and mechanical designs... :) The rest is loosely canon. If you belong to the camp that MUST HAVE CANON, then this discussion will give you a headache. ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Episode 14, I believe. After Sheryl "pilots" Michael's 25G back to the fleet and gets into trouble, Luca springs in to help. He quickly transforms to battroid to open fire, but has his gunpod knocked out of his hand before he can even get a round off.

I have to admit, I almost cheered when he finally got an on-screen kill in episode 24. :rolleyes:

There's nothing official that I know of, but I have often wondered about the fleet designations for various ships and guessed at what they may mean. For example, the Guantánamo Class Stealth Carrier's of the Macross 7 fleet have designations like "CV" and "CVR". Could the acronym mean "Colony Vessel"? For the Northampton Class Stealth Frigates they have designations using "FFM", could it mean Frontier Fleet Macross/Mission?

There's nothing official that I know of, but I have often wondered about the fleet designations for various ships and guessed at what they may mean. For example, the Guantánamo Class Stealth Carrier's of the Macross 7 fleet have designations like "CV" and "CVR". Could the acronym mean "Colony Vessel"? For the Northampton Class Stealth Frigates they have designations using "FFM", could it mean Frontier Fleet Macross/Mission?

"CV"/"CVN"/"CVS"/"FFM" are probably more analogous to registry numbers like "CVN-65" or "CVN-80", or "NCC-1701". I believe the question is do the ships have a "USS" in their names.

ould it be UNS (United Nations Ship) or UNSS (United Nations Space Ship) or what?

FYI:

統合軍 = Unified Forces

新統合軍 = New Unified Forces

Although the United Nations (国連) are mentioned, it's limited to before the Unified Government (統合政府) was formed.

"CV"/"CVN"/"CVS"/"FFM" are probably more analogous to registry numbers like "CVN-65" or "CVN-80", or "NCC-1701". I believe the question is do the ships have a "USS" in their names.

Some of the art by Tenjin does include "UNSS" for spaceships in the markings of VFs.

CVN = C - Carrier / V - Fixed Wing / N - Nuclear ( http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/shusn-no/cv-no.htm )

Although Macross also has the Prometheus designated as CVS (I suspect the "S" is for submersible).

If Macross borrows from the US Navy for its designations ( http://www.navweaps.com/index_tech/index_ships_list.htm http://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/us-navy-ship-classifications.asp), then we could use these lists to get an idea.

I was trying to figure out where the Macross Quarter would fit in. One could argue it is more of a LHA type vessel. It is a variable assault carrier. Perhaps with a designation of LVAS = L - Light / V - variable Aircraft / A - Assault / S -Space (which appears to be the standard designation for space ships).

Essentially, it would become (or a variant thereof) the preferred carrier for smaller UN Marine task forces, IMHO.

Edited by Zinjo

I was thinking about this the other day.

It'd be cool if there was a connection between the Vajra and the Megaroad's disappearance .

Granted if they survive Hikaru and Misa would be elderly. Still at least even coming across the remains

Would be a cool timeline filler.

But I Assume like with most of the series the next one will be completely different.