No release company is a big red flag, especially when they claim that there is an English dub included.
Might be an illegitimate rip of the well done AnimEigo dub - and that would be the best case scenario as far as listening to it.

If there was no English dub, I would tend to think it was some "Grey Market" Hong kong (or somewhere else in Asia) copy. Technically legal there, but commonly sold outside with varying legal basis.
But no company name on the box + Dub = Worry.

Thanks for all your kind responses!, regards.

My guess is that it's a rip of the dubbed hulu episodes and probably low quality. How else could it all fit on 4 dvds?

Yeah, never seen a 4 disc distribution of the series, and like you said it's gotta bee piss poor quality videos in order to have them all.

No release company is a big red flag, especially when they claim that there is an English dub included.
Might be an illegitimate rip of the well done AnimEigo dub - and that would be the best case scenario as far as listening to it.

If there was no English dub, I would tend to think it was some "Grey Market" Hong kong (or somewhere else in Asia) copy. Technically legal there, but commonly sold outside with varying legal basis.
But no company name on the box + Dub = Worry.

I didn't think about the company but sounds pretty logical...

"This is an Authentic product, NOT a Copy."

Yeah, it's fake. No catalogue number, forget it.

Yup you're right, thanks again!.

Hi there, one question for all of you, was there ever a 4 disc box set for the Super Dimension Fortress Macross?. There's a seller on e-bay selling one, I'm thinking is fake, I asked the seller and he says he's got a supplier on asia but I don't think I've ever seen this boxset before, what do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-DIMENSION-FORTRESS-MACROSS-Complete-4-DVD-BOX-SET-/220781932158?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3367a0ee7e

It's a bootleg. Buy at your own risk.

What is the song that Ishtar sings at the end of Macross II?

Definite what you mean by "end of Macross II".

You mean the ending theme? "Yakusoku"

Or the big battle at the end of the series? "Mou Ichido Love You"

it seems to me inconsistent,is it true that macross quarter's armor can't resist the temperature of vajra's planet atmosphere?

I assume they are talking about rapid reentry?

No it's not inconsistent. Considering the temperature limit on friction does not exist. The faster you go, the hotter the leading edge gets due to the friction of bumping into atmospheric air molecules.

Go too fast, you burn up. End of story regardless of armor.

And slowing down isn't always a good tactical option.

Hi there, one question for all of you, was there ever a 4 disc box set for the Super Dimension Fortress Macross?. There's a seller on e-bay selling one, I'm thinking is fake, I asked the seller and he says he's got a supplier on asia but I don't think I've ever seen this boxset before, what do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-DIMENSION-FORTRESS-MACROSS-Complete-4-DVD-BOX-SET-/220781932158?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3367a0ee7e

Looks like a bootleg copy to me. I cannot remember a 4 disc NTSC release for SDFM.

I assume they are talking about rapid reentry?

No it's not inconsistent. Considering the temperature limit on friction does not exist. The faster you go, the hotter the leading edge gets due to the friction of bumping into atmospheric air molecules.

Go too fast, you burn up. End of story regardless of armor.

And slowing down isn't always a good tactical option.

yeah,the movie scene at full speed reentry.

in my conclusion, without the pinpoint barrier the macross quarter's armor can't survive nuclear weapon.i'm very dissapointed,i hope that the creator would update the armor and more durable than this.

but still in my question about basara's valkyrie armor could be more durable than macross quarter's which could withstand the missiles attacks from emilia jenius queadluun - quilqua.i think those missiles are hotter than the atmosphere,if not those missiles are weaker than atmosphere temperature.

@Gubaba - yeah,thanks

yeah,the movie scene at full speed reentry.

in my conclusion, without the pinpoint barrier the macross quarter's armor can't survive nuclear weapon.i'm very dissapointed,i hope that the creator would update the armor and more durable than this.

but still in my question about basara's valkyrie armor could be more durable than macross quarter's which could withstand the missiles attacks from emilia jenius queadluun - quilqua.i think those missiles are hotter than the atmosphere,if not those missiles are weaker than atmosphere temperature.

@Gubaba - yeah,thanks

Just about everything in Macross is vulnerable to nuclear or reaction weaponry.

It's not the temperature of the atmosphere that's the issue, it's the temperature generated by the friction from going through the atmosphere that's the problem. Despite being at around -85 C on average, most meteors burn up in Earth's mesosphere.

Hmm..? They landed, didn't they?

I think he's referring to the scene where they use some part of an asteroid or something to surf on, so that they can enter the atmosphere. His question is probably better phrased as, "Did they really need to do that?"

Ah, except Zomd and Goram, that is. http://deadliestfictionalwarrior.wikispaces.com/Goram+%26+Zomd

"Hooo, hooo, hooo."

And I think Glavil and Gavil's combined form are invulnerable to nukes, too.

Edited by Renato

I think he's referring to the scene where they use ...

Gah! Spoiler tags!!!!

This is the newbie thread and we are talking about the most recent Macross movie to be realeased in stores.

They used a blown away part of Island -1's colony dome shell.

Slightly corny? Yes. Effective? Yes it very much would be.

And review your corny standards... we are talking about capitol ships transforming into robots like that is perfectly normal ;)

Capitol ships NEVER has as good of armor as individual combat units, in any series.

It's way too expensive to cover that sort of size and mass in amazingly good armor.

And in any case, it would be a matter of massive heat dissapation, not damage tolerance.

i think those missiles are hotter than the atmosphere,if not those missiles are weaker than atmosphere temperature.

Yep, they are.

We are still talking about a one time short burst of intense heat and a damaging shockwave - missile

vs

Continual building heat of that has no upper limit as to how hot it gets. - reentry

Yes, reentry can very easily be worse than a nuke.

For refernce, check Russia's meteor. That was all reentry damage - equivalent to 30 nukes.

Well, unless they create a fold fault field, then it dimentionally redirects the damage. No damage at all if you teleport the explosion away.

Edited by Kaldar5

Gah! Spoiler tags!!!!

This is the newbie thread and we are talking about the most recent Macross movie to be realeased in stores.

Hey, sorry, dude. But the DVD came out in 2011 and I think we're past the statute of limitations, no? In any case, it just didn't occur to me since the question itself was not in spoiler tags...

Hey, sorry, dude. But the DVD came out in 2011 and I think we're past the statute of limitations, no? In any case, it just didn't occur to me since the question itself was not in spoiler tags...

Heh no biggie, no spoiler for me, I was just worried about new folks visiting the newbie questions thread. Wasn't that big of a "spoiler" in any case.

Heck no at all! Macross was made in 1982, Robotech in 1985. They replaced ALL of the music in Macross with generic 80's American synth-pop. What you get as "Stage Fright" in RT is actually "Watashi no Kare wa Pilot" by Mari Iijima. Translated it means, "My Boyfriend is a Pilot."

Also, IIRC they replaced "Love Drifts Away" with "We Will Win," yes?

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Are the songs in robotech the same as the ones in macross? I mean the same music in the songs Reba West sang are just sung in japanese?. Thanks.

Super no. You are missing out.

Please find a nice copy of the subtitled "Do you remember love" movie and watch it if you have not yet.

VF vs YF

What is the reasoning behind the designations? The fictional company that designed each? Can't be, two competing companies designed the YF-19 and YF-21
It seems that YFs usually have a somewhat non-typical wing design.

Anybody have info on why and the differences between VF and YF?