Joke Machine Custom

Solscud007

Oh yeah I love Hasegawa. I used a lot of parts from Hasegawa to fix the Tanmen boosters to look liek they fit. and I used a Wave sensor for the head. The head is plug and play so it can fold in fighter mode or hang low. The boosters are plug and play as well as their vernier boosters (big ass funnel) plugs in so it is all recastable. I think. Need to have expert recaster Rohby look at this at teh con.

Right now it is done except paitn job and the leg armor. I stil havenet finished those yet. Still need to work those out. Oh I added minus molds in the vernier lock locations. :D

Oh of course I put my dual pilots in there. and I used Hasegawa wing blisters for the wing tips. just cut and paste :lol:

post-4-1061773241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Hello,

Totally awesome!

It would definitely be cool if other JM VT-1 fans could get a hold of a conversion kit.

I remember that we first talked about your project the beginning of July, and I'm glad that my Hasegawa idea worked out for you. ;)

I'll be looking forward to seeing it at the MW Con.

Sincerely,

Christopher B)

Chjr

Rick the Hunter actually made one for Greenalpha about a year ago and I have to say that the SD VT is really sweet. Greenalpha also commissioned RTH to do an Elint version, but that was around the time he flakked out and noone has heard from him. He still has one of Greenalphas SD veritechs.

Great work Solscud007. Anyone everthought of doing an elintseeker, or making the armor available for recast. I am sure (myself included) that they would be great sellers for us Macross junkies. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::huh:

Rick the Hunter actually made one for Greenalpha about a year ago and I have to say that the SD VT is really sweet. Greenalpha also commissioned RTH to do an Elint version, but that was around the time he flakked out and noone has heard from him. He still has one of Greenalphas SD veritechs.

Great work Solscud007. Anyone everthought of doing an elintseeker, or making the armor available for recast. I am sure (myself included) that they would be great sellers for us Macross junkies. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::huh:

Ricks used Tanmen stock boosters though I believe, which are a bit too small....

Nick - any shots of the leg armor? The boosters look great! I tried to work on a JM Elint, but as with most of my projects, gave up on it - for some god unknown reason....

Hey Fulcy took your idea and made it work. I couldnt find D rods or styrene for that matter so I used wooden rods.

post-4-1061852595_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
Paint issue???

nothing seems to want to stick. Primer or paint. I washed the parts and everything. I never did try sanding the parts but not even primer will stick to the resin. I would primer the parts and then mask parts and paint. when I take the maskign tape off the paint and primer comes off all in one.

yo bro

go to the e2046.com website and check out the forum to find answers there tons of stuff over there bunch of smart resin heads :p j/k. Seriously check it out

From Rich

ANIME PUNCH!!!

Paint issue???

nothing seems to want to stick. Primer or paint. I washed the parts and everything. I never did try sanding the parts but not even primer will stick to the resin. I would primer the parts and then mask parts and paint. when I take the maskign tape off the paint and primer comes off all in one.

Sorry, I cannot help you in this matter. I do hope that you will find a way for the paint to stay on. That VT-1 JM is one of the custom job I been waiting to see a final version for longest time.

Keep up the good work.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about the resurrection.

Wanted to know if it was at all possible to get your custom pieces casted? I'd love to give this a shot.

I recently had the same problem as you with my 1D JM. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17663 I could not get the paint to coat properly and I did sand and everything. What I ended up having to do was literally soak the pieces in FUSION and pray that when it dried the paint would not bunch and the details would still come through. Everything looked like water and ran off with awful holes...

Anyhow. I'd love to get those pieces casted so I may one day have an O JM. I've been checking around to see if I can't find a caster who would do small pieces on request for a decent price.