Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

My review is up, not quite as many pics as Swoosh provided -

Thanks for the review, jenius.

I noticed you mention being disappointed to see rear booster parts didn’t feature an articulated nozzle but I’m not sure whether you’ve seen or not that the nozzles can be extended showing some nice detail. Swoosh extended them for his pictures.

Wish they would hurry up and re-release it again, I even bought the super/fp pack in anticipation without even having the valk. :/

SWOOSH thanks for your awesomeness, your king. Absolutely drooling over these pics.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, I've been thinking of selling mine. I love it, but there are other ones I want more, so I've been debating it. The armor pack for this looks beautiful in fighter mode, and battroid looks sweet too.

This is my grail at the moment, but no way I'm paying $400+. I definitely see a re-release coming so I just have to be patience. I'm hoping the re-release would take care of any QC issues.

Did Bandai say they are re-releasing this? What proof do you have? I'm just wondering

ZOMG, Why is Bandai soooooo bad with re-releasing items. Both this and the Alto V.2 are extremely hard to find at reasonable prices (this moreso than the Alto VF-25). Doesn't Bandai understand that there is a LOT of current market demand for both of said items? It'd be nice for them to at least notify us of a re-release if one is in the pipeline!

ZOMG, Why is Bandai soooooo bad with re-releasing items. Both this and the Alto V.2 are extremely hard to find at reasonable prices (this moreso than the Alto VF-25). Doesn't Bandai understand that there is a LOT of current market demand for both of said items? It'd be nice for them to at least notify us of a re-release if one is in the pipeline!

Perhaps it's because they have a ton of stuff that's in their schedule. Chances are they just can't insert new production or distribution on a whim. They make a certain set of Macross toys and move onto other toys. If the sales are good, then chances are another release is scheduled in. When that'll be probably depends on a lot of factors.

To be fair, this seems to be the norm with many toys these days. If you don't buy it while it's in stock, you could be waiting for a long time for a re-release no matter how popular the product. For example, the K-On figmas always sold out fast and it always seemed to take awhile for another re-release. I mean, try finding a Akiyama Mio figma right now without overpaying!

Anyway, take a look at Tamashii's current release schedule :

December schedule: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/201112.php

January schedule: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/201201.php

February schedule: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/201202.php

March schedule: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/201203.php

The February and March lists are probably not yet final. I'd keep an eye out on these release schedules. You never know.

Can you share with us the source of this information?

We are speculating, but no source to confirm. Most vendors I think would recognize any items that sells well would consider re-release especially if it’s a current release.

Edited by sharpnel

If Bandai was willing to re-release the VF-25 series as a V.2 will all new tooling, it makes sense they'll eventually reissue these YF-29's considering how well they've sold. Like any other company its about making a profit, and they'll milk those molds for all there worth.

Like any other company its about making a profit, and they'll milk those molds for all there worth.

In a business sense that's the most logical move. However I have my doubts about a reissue. It would make logical sense to reissue a YF-29 bundled with the just released fast packs. Bandai is a large toy company that seems to try to oversaturate the toy market with a variety of new releases with limited supply runs on each of them. The DX line is very exclusive in comparison to say the Cloth Myth series. Every Japanese toy store here in Vancouver I always see a Cloth Myth but rarely if ever do see a DX Macross being a shelf warmer. Bandai just doesn't seem to milk those molds as much as Yamato does and they don't have to because they have other toy lines that rake it in for them. .

Another thing to consider is that the YF-29 only appeared in one movie. It's not as recognizable as Alto's VF-25F. As time passes will there still be an interest for this fighter in the perspective of a business owner? In most cases you capitalize the toy market when the product is hot in it's short time of fame. Even Pokemon and Sailor Moon had it's time in the sun before and now you can find their toys in the discount bins. Bandai needs to reissue soon if they plan to do so. The longer they wait the less likely there will be a demand for it in the general Japanese market. There are still plenty of YF-29s availabe on Yahoo Auctions JP. Trends come and go so fast in Japan it wouldn't surprise me if this project got shuffled in the back burner. It is evident that Bandai's main focus is supply and demand for Japan and not the rest of the world.

I agree with Reivaj asking for a source. It's okay to wish or hope for a reissue. However to present something will happen without a source based on speculation will result in some one asking for one. IMHO I wouldn't expect anything at the moment as I don't see any signs yet. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Isamu Dyson

In a business sense that's the most logical move. However I have my doubts about a reissue. It would make logical sense to reissue a YF-29 bundled with the just released fast packs. Bandai is a large toy company that seems to try to oversaturate the toy market with a variety of new releases with limited supply runs on each of them. The DX line is very exclusive in comparison to say the Cloth Myth series. Every Japanese toy store here in Vancouver I always see a Cloth Myth but rarely if ever do see a DX Macross being a shelf warmer. Bandai just doesn't seem to milk those molds as much as Yamato does and they don't have to because they have other toy lines that rake it in for them. .

Another thing to consider is that the YF-29 only appeared in one movie. It's not as recognizable as Alto's VF-25F. As time passes will there still be an interest for this fighter in the perspective of a business owner? In most cases you capitalize the toy market when the product is hot in it's short time of fame. Even Pokemon and Sailor Moon had it's time in the sun before and now you can find their toys in the discount bins. Bandai needs to reissue soon if they plan to do so. The longer they wait the less likely there will be a demand for it in the general Japanese market. There are still plenty of YF-29s availabe on Yahoo Auctions JP. Trends come and go so fast in Japan it wouldn't surprise me if this project got shuffled in the back burner. It is evident that Bandai's main focus is supply and demand for Japan and not the rest of the world.

I agree with Reivaj asking for a source. It's okay to wish or hope for a reissue. However to present something will happen without a source based on speculation will result in some one asking for one. IMHO I wouldn't expect anything at the moment as I don't see any signs yet. I hope I am wrong.

as a yf durandal owner who buy the figure above average price......i hope u right...

but as a macross fan..i hope u are wrong...

i really want a lot of macross fan to get the best products from macross series...

DURANDAL is trully a MASTERPIECE esspeciallly if u already watch the movie... i almost JIZZ IN my pants.. when i see the durandal action near the ending.....so beautiful..and POWERFULL... a valkyrie soaring so fast yet gentle ...

i am sure bandai will reissue it...because the movie is getting more popular...since the bluray came out...

everyone keep screaming... "BARUKURIA!"

PS : i hope yamato will also intrested to make frontier line...starting with DURANDAL...

Edited by moncikoma

• 2 weeks later...