Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

According to data provided by ebay, five DX YF-29s have sold in the last three weeks at an average price of $423.77, with a high of $449.

I can think of a couple valks I could get for that price.

I can think of a couple valks I could get for that price.

yeah.. for me buying a valks that cost more than 400 dollar is hillarious.. and more hillarious that the valks is the vf 29.. better safe up for the webs exclusive armored ozma

Edited by valid

I don't get why Bandai can't see that if they release second issues of a popular figure a bit later, they'll actually make more money due to it's grown popularity.

It's like the Wild Tiger figure from Tiger and Bunny, already sold out three times at pre-orders!!!

I don't get why Bandai can't see that if they release second issues of a popular figure a bit later, they'll actually make more money due to it's grown popularity.

It's like the Wild Tiger figure from Tiger and Bunny, already sold out three times at pre-orders!!!

because they only care for gundam...

Well, they do make a shitload of money with Gundam kits. So, yeah, i can see why they care so much about this franchise.

Well, Gundam issues a new series every time the weather drifts, and most of the Mechs in them are fairly... stupid looking in design. Not all of them... but most. Like this new Gundam Age. So cheap and boring... Is there something in Japanese water that programs it's nation to buy Gundam? Oh well... Not really a big deal considering the amout of Macross toys ten years ago...

Edited by Omegablue

I like how they say "Place your order before the deadline to get a special price!"

Yeah, a VERY special price indeed <_<

Only $516 shipped guys, who wouldn't jump at such a deal :rolleyes:

Excellent. Im keeping mine in mint contidion.

Waiting to hit 800$ at least to sell it.

^As much as I hope that works out for you ;) , I wouldn't probably wait until then. Literally, you are at a point in the market where ANY reasonably inflated price WILL sell (probably anything around $400 will be an insta-sell), but if you wait too long, then Bandai will most likely flood the market with remaining or newly made stock, heavily depreciating the value of the DX YF-29.

Just a thought :lol:

So Jasonc's price is about right but still a tiny little bit too expensive... :blink::lol:

Hmmm $500 w/ shipping included???

Anime Export have relisted the YF-29 at "current market value". 40000jpy :angry:

They don't expect Bandai to re-issue.

Holy Yen to Dollar conversion, Batman, that's a lot of money!!!

^As much as I hope that works out for you ;) , I wouldn't probably wait until then. Literally, you are at a point in the market where ANY reasonably inflated price WILL sell (probably anything around $400 will be an insta-sell), but if you wait too long, then Bandai will most likely flood the market with remaining or newly made stock, heavily depreciating the value of the DX YF-29.

Just a thought :lol:

This is where one really needs to time the sell of this toy. Wait too long, and it may deflate. Sell too early, and you don't make as much. Mine is mint in box, and only taken out to examine. I may wait till I get my booster set, then sell at a monstrous amount. I want to get the 17, and the Emerald Force 19 with that money.

Bandai really ought to do a reissue, considering how much this thing is going for. I passed on it initially because I was still not confident in Bandai's ability to produce a valkyrie toy that didn't suck. And by the time people posted pics and reviews, there were no more to be had! Either the thing sold way better than the renewal VF-25, or Bandai really limited the production number, as I was able to get a second VF-25 weeks after release.

Bandai really ought to do a reissue, considering how much this thing is going for. I passed on it initially because I was still not confident in Bandai's ability to produce a valkyrie toy that didn't suck.

LOL...dude, I don't think anyone had much confidence in Bandai's ability to make one after the VF-25 first versions came out and people actually got them in their hands. :p

And by the time people posted pics and reviews, there were no more to be had! Either the thing sold way better than the renewal VF-25, or Bandai really limited the production number, as I was able

to get a second VF-25 weeks after release.

I think it's the latter more than the more than the former, the VF-25F has sold REALLY well, they just made many more of them than the YF-29 because they probably felt that they weren't going to be able to sell as many of those.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Too bad this bird is so pricey. I am lusting, longing, pining...

Trust me man you are not missing out it looks great in fighter mode but its nothing in comparison to my Yamato's and this is coming from some one who own one.

Edited by moose

Trust me man you are not missing out it looks great in fighter mode but its nothing in comparison to my Yamato's can this is coming from some one who own one.

This. I sold mine a few weeks after buying it. Overrated. I'm sure there will be a reissue, or that Ozma version will be released. Then everyone that doesn't have one, but wants one, can also be disappointed with it when they get it. haha. I know some people love it, but it's just not for me.

Edited by pud333

This. I sold mine a few weeks after buying it. Overrated. I'm sure there will be a reissue, or that Ozma version will be released. Then everyone that doesn't have one, but wants one, can also be disappointed with it when they get it. haha. I know some people love it, but it's just not for me.

Could you elaborate on why it was so disappointing to you? I really just want it for the fighter mode.

One thing is certain: I'm not paying half a grand for one. :p

For me, despite generally liking the fighter mode for valks a bit more than battroid, it was the battroid mode that sold it for me. The fighter mode looks alright to me, but it's a bit thick compared to the VF-25 and 27. The overall design of the battroid mode just looks pretty cool to me.

That said, I keep mine in fighter mode because the joints seemed to get loose quickly when kept in battroid mode for some reason. The same with the VF-25G and S I have. The 25G just got completely floppy after I got it and kept it posed in battroid mode for a month or so. The 25S, I had kept in fighter mode after I got it, but then decided to take it back to battroid and noticed it was still very tight. After a month of having it posed in battroid, it turned to flop when I tried reposing it. That may be the main disappointing factor of the Bandai valks.

My Yamato valks still retain whatever tightness they had since the day I got them, regardless of what mode I leave them in for a long time.

Could you elaborate on why it was so disappointing to you? I really just want it for the fighter mode.

One thing is certain: I'm not paying half a grand for one. :p

It was the strangest thing for me. I was super excited about it, but when I got it, it just didn't do it for me. Several things: 1) Not a fan of the integrated cannons. I prefer that sort of thing to be an add-on like the Tornado packs. 2) The VF-25's were sleek and just all around gorgeous. The YF-29 seemed like some bastardization. The bastard child of the VF-27 and the SV-51. It seemed like a step back. 3) The shoulder pads. They kept popping off whenever I transformed it. Drove me absolutely insane. At one point I caught myself before I threw it across the room. 4) No connection to that particular valkyrie. I didn't see the second movie up until now, and I don't regret selling it at all. While a lot of people loved the second movie, I thought it wasn't very good, and the use of the YF-29 was pointless.

But that's just my opinion. Some people really like the 29. I recommend you wait for a reissue, or a release in a different colour. Definitely no need to pay that much for this particular valkyrie.

So i was able to tighten up the joints on mine just fine except one area that is very important. The joint that swing the arms forward for battroid, I don't know how to tighten or strengthen those so my arms don't stay up anymore. All that it has is a pin for the joint, should i try removing it or another way to strengthen it?

So i was able to tighten up the joints on mine just fine except one area that is very important. The joint that swing the arms forward for battroid, I don't know how to tighten or strengthen those so my arms don't stay up anymore. All that it has is a pin for the joint, should i try removing it or another way to strengthen it?

I tightened one of those by working some clear nail polish in between the metal pieces, let dry, work the joint, rinse / repeat. I would recommend starting with a very small amount of nail polish.

It was the strangest thing for me. I was super excited about it, but when I got it, it just didn't do it for me. Several things: 1) Not a fan of the integrated cannons. I prefer that sort of thing to be an add-on like the Tornado packs. 2) The VF-25's were sleek and just all around gorgeous. The YF-29 seemed like some bastardization. The bastard child of the VF-27 and the SV-51. It seemed like a step back. 3) The shoulder pads. They kept popping off whenever I transformed it. Drove me absolutely insane. At one point I caught myself before I threw it across the room. 4) No connection to that particular valkyrie. I didn't see the second movie up until now, and I don't regret selling it at all. While a lot of people loved the second movie, I thought it wasn't very good, and the use of the YF-29 was pointless.

But that's just my opinion. Some people really like the 29. I recommend you wait for a reissue, or a release in a different colour. Definitely no need to pay that much for this particular valkyrie.

A shame you didn't like it, though I am curious about one thing - why did you make the purchase if you hated the design? You must have seen the preview pictures. Also I never had that shoulder issue and I've transformed mine about six times now, so earlier I tried to replicate that issue and found out that yeah it is rather easy to pop them out but I had to do it intentionally. Don't get me wrong, I like the bird, but i'd agree that it's not worth that much money. I also thought it kicked ass in the movie which is why I bought it.

A shame you didn't like it, though I am curious about one thing - why did you make the purchase if you hated the design? You must have seen the preview pictures. Also I never had that shoulder issue and I've transformed mine about six times now, so earlier I tried to replicate that issue and found out that yeah it is rather easy to pop them out but I had to do it intentionally. Don't get me wrong, I like the bird, but i'd agree that it's not worth that much money. I also thought it kicked ass in the movie which is why I bought it.

That's what I mean by how strange it was for me. I loved the photos. Then I got it in hand and something was off. Maybe I expected too much. Sometimes you eagerly await something, then when you get it, it's not what you expected. It happens sometimes. I'm pretty sure it went to a good home though, so no worries there.

Edited by pud333