Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Finally got one from EvilBay for a decent price. Only used and transformed one, has everything including AND I have the poster as well. I do really enjoy this figure. Though the left arm is loose nothing to really cry about as this is still an awesome fig especially considering what Bandai was offering a few years ago.

Okay, so I've bought a Klan armoured version and DX Macross Quarter from some guy on eBay and he says he's selling his YF-29 for 250AUD (Australian Dollars). It's "used"... transformed once and then back to fighter mode and then displayed in that mode... or so he says. He says there's no damage and I don't really know why he'd sell it so soon since it's pretty new (though I have no idea why he'd sell what he's listed as a brand new Klan figure and brand new DX Quarter either...

Anyway... 250AUD (don't know if that includes shipping or not... let's assume it doesn't and say the shipping is another 50AUD)... so 300AUD for the YF-29. Is it worth it for that much?

I haven't even seen the second Macross F movie lol, but it's a nice looking bird... bleah, what should I do?!

So anyone else preferring this configuration? :lol: It's how I display my Durandal.

I used to have mine like that as well. I swapped the canards too... :rolleyes:

Where can I find it for cheap?... or rather, where can I find it for the right price? XD

Everywhere is sold out currently. Or marked-up insanely.

Got a picture of what it looks like after the swap?

I only have a phone camera with me currently.

IMG_0082.jpgIMG_0083.jpg

If something possesses you to try it yourself be aware that there is a small nub on both sides of the canard tab that could cause breakage.

IMG_0084.jpg

I don't know, but thank you very much for the spoiler anyway...

i don't think it's a spoiler.. coz it's already all over internet as a promotional trailler for the upcoming dvd.. if showing one variant of mecha is a spoiler.. then buying yf 29 is also consider as a spoiler hahahah.. but if you say soo.. then i'm sorry. :D

Edited by valid

i don't think it's a spoiler.. coz it's already all over internet as a promotional trailler for the upcoming dvd.. if showing one variant of mecha is a spoiler.. then buying yf 29 is also consider as a spoiler hahahah.. but if you say soo.. then i'm sorry. :D

If thats a spoiler so is every image of the yf-29. Both are only seen in the 2nd movie. Unless we are going to force a spoiler tag on all yf-29 images I think it is ok but that is just me.

The pics of the SMS VF-19 that keep popping up aren't really a major spoiler but the fact that almost everyone who posts it refers to it as an ***** variant kind of is.

Also you can't really compare it to the YF-29 which was something Bandai promoted endlessly and released photos of even before the movie came out. The VF-19 showing up was a well guarded secret until the movie came out, a surprise that we won't get to experience just because we don't live in Japan.

Edited by Raptor One

The pics of the SMS VF-19 that keep popping up aren't really a major spoiler but the fact that almost everyone who posts it refers to it as an ***** variant kind of is.

Also you can't really compare it to the YF-29 which was something Bandai promoted endlessly and released photos of even before the movie came out. The VF-19 showing up was a well guarded secret until the movie came out, a surprise that we won't get to experience just because we don't live in Japan.

Exactly that was what I meant. Plus the fact this is not the right thread.

Edited by Reïvaj

Actually, you will notice that photos of the toy in Battroid mode were kept under wraps until the very last minute. In fact, until the movie actually premiered no-one knew exactly what the Battroid was going to look like, because Kawamori wanted to keep the built-in twin cannon turret feature a secret. That is why none of the magazines mentioned it except in vague hints until the weekend the movie came out.

They don't really have scoops in this industry, every article is based on a deal with a manufacturer, so they cannot talk about anything unless they get given the go-ahead by the big corporations, and Bandai and Satelight planned every step of the PR process extremely tactfully to maximize profits.

Intersting. While I’m not really sure about the super parts in battroid mode –I think they make it look more kind of Gundam alike, if you know what I mean- I’m actually more interested in how they look in fighter mode. Super parts have probably never been so aerodynamic before –with the exception of those of the YF-19 and YF-21 which are not completely the same…

What do you think guys?

Intersting. While I’m not really sure about the super parts in battroid mode –I think they make it look more kind of Gundam alike, if you know what I mean- I’m actually more interested in how they look in fighter mode. Super parts have probably never been so aerodynamic before –with the exception of those of the YF-19 and YF-21 which are not completely the same…

What do you think guys?

Personally I think the super parts make the YF-29 look...gratuitous, not sure if it's the amount of engines, or how busy the design looks to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I've grown to like the 29 but I still need time to digest the super parts.

Hell I was more interested in scoping out the 25 that was in the background of that first pic. PS - thanks for posting them Swoosh.

-b.