Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

From what I gathered from previous posts by other members, they seem to be Fold-boost-generators (1st of its kind from what I also gathered too, I may be wrong though)

I remember reading something like that - fold wave/signal booster, kind of like a sound booster that works for Vajra.

I don't even remember the YF-29 having fast packs in the movie.

That's how little of an impression they made.

I didn't even know it had a Tornado-style turret the first time I watched it, since all the action scenes are so intense. Seriously, you need a Blu-ray/DVD frame-by-frame to see what's in this movie properly.

@whitestar

I had the same problem with my shield but the I noticed that the connection plates weren't extended. There are 2 grey plates that slide out that slow the shield to connect to the fighter. Are yours extended?

Chris

Chris, yes, the two grey connector plates/prongs are fully extended, but the connection is still not as tight as it should be. Popping out the twin turrets or squeezing both legs in while in fighter mode almost always causes the shield to disconnect. It's especially bad when the twin turrets are extended, and the shield feels like it's barely hanging on. Is there a secret to a tighter connection???

I didn't even know it had a Tornado-style turret the first time I watched it, since all the action scenes are so intense. Seriously, you need a Blu-ray/DVD frame-by-frame to see what's in this movie properly.

Must confess that on my first run to the MF TV series, I have no idea what the VF-171 looks like.

Here's some craptacular pics of my YF-29 :rolleyes:

I know that it's not at all canon, but...those pictures really make me think of a Max/Millia pairing.

Now I really want to buy two expensive toys. :unsure:

Edited by jwasko

Chris, yes, the two grey connector plates/prongs are fully extended, but the connection is still not as tight as it should be. Popping out the twin turrets or squeezing both legs in while in fighter mode almost always causes the shield to disconnect. It's especially bad when the twin turrets are extended, and the shield feels like it's barely hanging on. Is there a secret to a tighter connection???

Not with the turrets extended, but I haven't had a problem when the turrets are properly seated. Hold the thighs when you swoosh.

Have you tried the Karate chop hands?? smells to me like a future flaw that should be fixed by the v.2 Messiah.

Maybe.

:rolleyes:

I'd like the fast-packs better if I knew what the flower-grappling-hook-type-things were for.

According to Macross Compendium (http://macross.anime.net/wiki/YF-29_Durandal) the super pack are High-output Fold Wave projectors with an added Two Micro-missile launchers located in wing tip pods and a chemical rocket engine to counter the increased weight from the space equipment.

I've bought from them two times before, great service, great communication!!! I believe you can't go wrong.

Hi Ignacio, I'd like to ask you how do you deal with Customs in Argentina when your stuff is sent via EMS?

Edited by Reïvaj

I've bought from them two times before, great service, great communication!!! I believe you can't go wrong.

I concur. They have nice and great service. They helped me acquire a brand new Ghost & Weapon set after 3 months of nagging and going back and forth with offers. They went above and beyond the call of duty once I managed to find 2 WITHOUT their help and pointing them to the online stores after their whole "its out of stock, will keep you posted replies"

They bill through paypal, and send you an order invoice, provide tracking, and can be negotiable at times.

In the end, they are reliable and haven't screwed me.

Yet.

I hope that helps.

Maaaannnn.........

Having the VF25G Tornado with powered set in display IS wayyy too much already - have YOU seen it in person??

I think its a brand new set of engine turbine that replaces the old one - that ain't no clip-on BS. No way all that stuff clips in the old one.

BTW anyone notice that those "fold-booster" pylons have some sort of opening compartment?

MORE micro missiles? or could they be landing gears?

Edited by the9breaker

[...]

BTW anyone notice that those "fold-booster" pylons have some sort of opening compartment?

MORE micro missiles? or could they be landing gears?

Yes, I had noticed them but I'm afraid there's not enough information about this fast pack to judge. This is all the line art there is AFAIK:

post-12283-0-99244500-1310755927_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-91675100-1310755949_thumb.jpg

I think its a brand new set of engine turbine that replaces the old one - that ain't no clip-on BS. No way all that stuff clips in the old one.

Wait, what are you talking about? The wing mounted engine nacelles? Those are clearly clip ons. You can see the add-on bit on the previous page and in these pics you can see how they fit over the existing wing engine nacelles and how the engines are peaking out.

Have you tried the Karate chop hands?? smells to me like a future flaw that should be fixed by the v.2 Messiah.

Maybe.

:rolleyes:

That's actually a good idea, but I liked the fact that I didn't have to change hands when transforming from one mode to another.

I concur. They have nice and great service. They helped me acquire a brand new Ghost & Weapon set after 3 months of nagging and going back and forth with offers. They went above and beyond the call of duty once I managed to find 2 WITHOUT their help and pointing them to the online stores after their whole "its out of stock, will keep you posted replies"

They bill through paypal, and send you an order invoice, provide tracking, and can be negotiable at times.

In the end, they are reliable and haven't screwed me.

Yet.

I hope that helps.

I've gone through a number of pre-orders with Tokyo Hunter before. Great communication and highly reliable.

Question, I thought the purple glass areas above the intakes were for the fold crystals, so why does it need more fold boosters?

Also, do you have to prepay for preorders with Tokyo-hunter?

Chris

Same here.

If those are indeed clip ons I hope they fit nice and secure, and not stress the hinges.

I don't see why they would, the wings are retracted for the fast packs.

I'd be more concerned that there's enough friction on the nacelle pivot joint to hold up all the extra weight.

edit:

wow, those hip joints got loose really quickly. Picking it up in battroid causes the legs to swing freely. :(

Edited by eugimon

I was referring to the canard wings OUTSIDE the turbines - have you seen how sturdy it is?? :wacko:

Nonetheless that's quite some weight it has to carry if you didn't notice the extra boosters by the tail fins + the weight of the fold booster in the wing turbines - remember that whole section folds in Battroid mode, hence, supported in Gerwalk on a single hinge (the same one prone to breakage as seen in some pics if bent too outward in Battroid). That's why I'm worried seen the MASSIVE weight brought upon by the Super packs of the v1.

But I'm confident that's not too heavy enough to place a burden like the super parts did to the v1s - therefore ending as the floppy mess they sometimes caused if not carefully balanced...and placed upon.

Question, I thought the purple glass areas above the intakes were for the fold crystals, so why does it need more fold boosters?

Also, do you have to prepay for preorders with Tokyo-hunter?

Chris

I don't know - its the first time I dealt DIRECTLY on their website, last times I usually just shoot them an email, they acquire the item, tell me a price, we agree, send an invoice, ship.

I just paid upfront because I have budget for it now, before I pay my school loan at the end of the month, and I prefer not to be bothered with it already.

Can anyone else offer more information towards an inquisitive member?

I don't see why they would, the wings are retracted for the fast packs.

I'd be more concerned that there's enough friction on the nacelle pivot joint to hold up all the extra weight.

edit:

wow, those hip joints got loose really quickly. Picking it up in battroid causes the legs to swing freely. :(

You can tighten the screws behind the hips to tighten up the hip joints. I just did it with it mine and it helped. I foresee the need the do this every so often <_<

I don't know - its the first time I dealt DIRECTLY on their website, last times I usually just shoot them an email, they acquire the item, tell me a price, we agree, send an invoice, ship.

I just paid upfront because I have budget for it now, before I pay my school loan at the end of the month, and I prefer not to be bothered with it already.

I bought an item off of their website, and it the order went through without a hitch. They are as responsive with orders that go through their website as they are with direct inquiries. I don't know if this answers your question...

Edit: Didn't see the question about pre-paying. Yes, they require pre-pay upfront in order to reserve an item.

Edited by whitestar

Preorder for me in biginjapan shop for 4680Y about 42€ shipping include.

Just few pictures of my YF29 who just arrive this week...

Too bad that antenna rubber style bend ...but whoo big improvement over the old vf25 line !!! no bending wings :p

The head of the yf29 is ....particular...in fact for me that kill the look of batroid so I ve decided to make a push toward alto custom style take a look to the head hope u enjoyed ;p bushido style inside lol

Have a nice day

post-1438-0-35675400-1310773321_thumb.jpg

post-1438-0-37012900-1310773332_thumb.jpg

post-1438-0-30584100-1310773340_thumb.jpg

post-1438-0-71289600-1310773346_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu-ad

I was referring to the canard wings OUTSIDE the turbines - have you seen how sturdy it is?? :wacko:

Nonetheless that's quite some weight it has to carry if you didn't notice the extra boosters by the tail fins + the weight of the fold booster in the wing turbines - remember that whole section folds in Battroid mode, hence, supported in Gerwalk on a single hinge (the same one prone to breakage as seen in some pics if bent too outward in Battroid). That's why I'm worried seen the MASSIVE weight brought upon by the Super packs of the v1.

But I'm confident that's not too heavy enough to place a burden like the super parts did to the v1s - therefore ending as the floppy mess they sometimes caused if not carefully balanced...and placed upon.

The engine bits clip on over and around the nacelles, the little winglets aren't what's carrying the weight of the add-on.

Graham.

I haven't heard your opinion of the YF-29. Do you like it?

I heard that folks that worked with Yamato in the past had a hand in its development. :mellow:

Finally got to handle mine last night after coming back from holiday. After all the hype and photos, I was expecting some sort of uber-toy, but actually ended up being a bit disappointed by it.

Pros:

1) Transformation from fighter to Gerwalk and battroid modes easy. Transformation back to fighter mode frustrating though.

2) Looks good in fighter and gerwalk modes, but a bit busy-looking in battroid mode for my taste.

3) Locks together reasonably well in fighter mode, but not as securely as Yamato's VF-19.

4) Good 'A-stance' in gerwalk mode.

5) Good level of surface detail.

Cons:

1) No lock on the front and rear landing gears.

2) No molded-in detail in the landing gear bays.

3) Maybe just the color, but the plastic seems more toy-like and cheaper, compared to Yamato's VF-19.

4) Transformation back to fighter mode was extremely frustrating. The fecking shoulder armor kept popping off when I tried to get the arms back into place and was extremely difficult to get back in place. Maybe it's because I'm tired and jet-lagged, but there were a couple of times last night, where I nearly ended up throwing the toy at the wall in frustration. When a toy is that frustrating it ceases to be fun.

5) Leg missile bay covers kept coming off when I opened them.

Maybe I'll like it more when I play with it when not so tired.

Graham

Not saying it's a bad toy, it's actually quite good and a big improvement on the V1 VF-25. I do find it a but fiddly and frustrating to transform back to fighter mode though.

However, the fit, finish and ease of transformation of the VF-19 impressed me far more than the YF-29.

Graham

Only took mine out of the box for the first time last night, as I've been in Greece and UK on vacation since the day after the toy was released and just came back.

So far after one evening of handling it, the joints are still tight :D

Probably will leave it in fighter mode and won't buy multiples.

Graham