Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

In stock again at amiami.

From their previous price of around Y12,000, it now costs Y15,480. With those reports of looseness and paint chipping, Ill pass on this one entirely. I hope the v2 VF-25s will address this issue especially the loosening problem.

i've been playing around my durandals...and believe me, I play a lot! I am not those type who just display their toy. No such issues so far.

Paint chipping and looseness is subjective, methinks. It's how you handle the toy. And I for one does not regret Preordering it in the first place.

i've been playing around my durandals...and believe me, I play a lot! I am not those type who just display their toy. No such issues so far.

Paint chipping and looseness is subjective, methinks. It's how you handle the toy. And I for one does not regret Preordering it in the first place.

how much it bothers you is definitely subjective, but that it's prone to those problems is not.

I just got this thing sure looks beautiful, however I have not transformed it hoping it is a least free of defects I remember some people said the vf-27 became loose overtime hoping this is not going to a repeat the vf-19 is a better build, but dam how I hate the whole theme hoping for a repaint.

From their previous price of around Y12,000, it now costs Y15,480. With those reports of looseness and paint chipping, Ill pass on this one entirely. I hope the v2 VF-25s will address this issue especially the loosening problem.

I think I am going to do the same, I have some high hopes for the VF-25 line though. In the end though I think all the problems are bred into the toy line by Bandai though so I will wait ,see what happens with the VF-25's and if they are still fail........

I wait like 20 years for Yamato to get the license.

Edited by Loop

I got mine a couple of days ago. I really like it. I am impressed with how solid the toy feels. All the gimmicks are a lot of fun.

I have been through one transformation cycle with no paint chipping. All the clearances seem adequate except maybe for the shoulders in fighter mode. That may just be a factor of a tight joint and my lack of familiarity of range of movement of the joint assembly. The key with avoiding scratching on the head is being aware that there are separate and distinct slide and lift movements. One movement must be completed before the other. For conversion to battroid be sure to slide the head back all the way before lifting it (directions depict this well). When going to fighter be sure that the head is pushed all the way down before trying to slide it forward. The key is making sure that the double hinge is in the proper position prior to sliding (look from the bottom of the toy). This hinge is very tight on mine. Time will tell if floppiness arises, but at this point I would say that the joints are too tight if anything. Especially the hips and shoulders.

Got my YF-29 yesterday. Gotta say I Love it!!! One problem with mine though that I haven't seen with anyone else. My front windscreen sticks up in the front instead of sitting flush with the nose. It's like it isn't inserted all the way in, I can see the tab/plug that inserts into the nose, but I can not push it in all the way. I tried to remove the part too but it will not come out. :angry: I'm considering cutting the tab so I can remove the front windscreen and then just remove the remaining tab and then glue the windscreen back on so it sits flush, but it still peeves me off. Not sure why I can't get the damn thing out of the plug though, I guess it must be glued in or something.

Chris

What's up with the EXTRA shield?? Also - I wonder how much...never mind, I saw the price - DEF. Getting it, however I'm still wondering about the extra shield part....

Wondered about the new shield too. Hopefully it fits better than the original shield since mine has an issue staying connected to fighter mode. A bump against the valk can usually send it flying :(

I'm totally in for a group buy.

Got my Durandal in the mail last week FINALLY (stupid Canada Post strike...)

I'm happy with it so far, it has no serious flaws, although there are scratch marks *under* the SMS logo on the left wing :blink: They aren't very serious, but are pretty weird.

Anyway, i'm not sure if i'm transforming it to Battroid improperly or not, but I have a concern over what I see to be a potentially serious design flaw: namely, the front canards.

Even with the crotch thrust completely out (which I think makes the battroid look kind of disjointed and bizarre) i'm still incredibly scared of snapping off the canards when I move the upper thighs/legs. Those two little pieces of fragile plastic seriously reduce the playability aspect of this toy, and i'm stunned that Bandai didn't, at the least, make them removable. I note that the VF-25 doesn't have those canards, so i'm hoping that this won't be an issue with the v.2 in the Fall, but i'll tell you, it's a pretty disappointing aspect of an otherwise superb toy.

I'd like the fast-packs better if I knew what the flower-grappling-hook-type-things were for.

From what I gathered from previous posts by other members, they seem to be Fold-boost-generators (1st of its kind from what I also gathered too, I may be wrong though)

The only conclusive answers we can get about them if its someone translates the new Mecha guide that they released around the time the movie was out too...

Anyhow - I'll be def. getting it and if you guys wanna group buy - we should hook up - it might be cheaper, I know ways and I can ask if some peeps are interested.

I'm definitely snagging one of these....if they ever come back in stock anywhere... :rolleyes:

If there out of stock already, I'm pretty sure Bandai will do another batch of these! After seeing the actual toy in peoples collections I definitely want to get one as well! Not a fan of the fast-pack so a pass on that. B))

From what I gathered from previous posts by other members, they seem to be Fold-boost-generators (1st of its kind from what I also gathered too, I may be wrong though)

The only conclusive answers we can get about them if its someone translates the new Mecha guide that they released around the time the movie was out too...

Anyhow - I'll be def. getting it and if you guys wanna group buy - we should hook up - it might be cheaper, I know ways and I can ask if some peeps are interested.

Fold generators make sense :)

and I'd be down for a group buy

@whitestar

I had the same problem with my shield but the I noticed that the connection plates weren't extended. There are 2 grey plates that slide out that slow the shield to connect to the fighter. Are yours extended?

Chris