Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

This thing looks amazing and just from a stylistic standpoint and not quality or engineering I just like the look of this better than the VF-19. I was so excited to get one until I got a e-mail from Amiami telling me they won't ship to Canada because of the damn Postal strike we have going now, so even when I have this thing pre-ordered I still can't get it :angry:

VF-19 (90's style anime magic design) vs. YF-29 (10's CGI generated design)? Not comparable IMHO.

I probably like the YF-29 better as well but I think they both are fair representatives of their own time. I'm off topic anyway.

Looking at the pics, I'm really happy I managed to preorder it on AmiAmi this week.

Does this one come with a poster like the VF-27? I hope not, AmiAmi used a HUGE shipping box because of the damn poster last time.

I love the option to single seat or double and the missile bays but the face is horrible i prefer ozma stile but I must admit the gerwalk mode kick ass the best in the macross universe so far :blink:

Edited by valhary

Looking at the pics, I'm really happy I managed to preorder it on AmiAmi this week.

Does this one come with a poster like the VF-27? I hope not, AmiAmi used a HUGE shipping box because of the damn poster last time.

Yeah I might just ask them to keep the poster, too bad it isn't a mecha poster though.

This thing looks amazing and just from a stylistic standpoint and not quality or engineering I just like the look of this better than the VF-19. I was so excited to get one until I got a e-mail from Amiami telling me they won't ship to Canada because of the damn Postal strike we have going now, so even when I have this thing pre-ordered I still can't get it :angry:

They haven't heard of Fed Ex or UPS?

Wow, ok, color me very impressed with the changes they made. The new arms can actually raise at the shoulders! I'm also loving the way the leg mechanism looks like it works, using the actual hip bar to hook into the waist and hold the crotch parts together. I'll have to order one of these soon. :)

everything looks really good except for THAT GOD DAMN STAND! :angry:

Yeah I might just ask them to keep the poster, too bad it isn't a mecha poster though.

if you don't want it I'll take it off your hands. :p

Edited by anime52k8

why is my invoice is not yet in my email? Hope they did not miss my order....

shooting an enquiry to Amiami now.

Yeah still waiting for mine from Amiami as well grr. I might need to change shipping to EMS, as i'm going overseas in a month.

Patience guys amiami will come through. I'm sure they're hard at work calculating and tallying up all of the ways possible to rape our wallets on shipping. :) I'll expect my YF-29 and poster within a week or so within a giant doghouse size box where I'll celebrate in triumph by spending 20 minutes to cut the box down just so it could fit in my garbage pale. :lol:

Edited by SuperHobo

Anime-export just billed and shipped my YF29 from Japan, attention all AE customers should be getting their bills by now. :lol: I can't wait, and I got my third Ghost on the way - oh happy day, I just need for Bandai to announce its Super Pack and we are good.

poo, poo and double poo ;(

YF-29 just arrived at Oriental 188 Centre, but each toy shop only getting 2pcs and all already reserved for preorder customers.

No time to go to Mong Kok to hunt tonight.

Graham

I hate getting Bandai Macross stuff in Hong Kong. There is always an initial shortage of stocks due to Bandai Hong Kong not having the official license for Macross.

Been out of the loop re:toys for a while, but do the new Valks improve upon the original VF25 line by Bandai?

Yes, and they are priced accordingly. Bandai are apparently going to re-do the VF-25, though, with improvements.

Patience guys amiami will come through. I'm sure they're hard at work calculating and tallying up all of the ways possible to rape our wallets on shipping. :) I'll expect my YF-29 and poster within a week or so within a giant doghouse size box where I'll celebrate in triumph by spending 20 minutes to cut the box down just so it could fit in my garbage pale. :lol:

hahah...I know, I know...it's just me falling into my fanboyism. I opt for SAL, so even if I pay the invoice today, I still am going to have to wait for another two weeks for it to arrive.

To those who are going to receive their Durandals next week, I envy you! :p