Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

So correct me if I'm wrong but the history or the mechs in Frontier goes like this, the plans for the YF-24 spawns the VF-25 from Frontier and the VF-27 from Galaxy. Which in turn the engineers from Frontier take what they learn from the the VF-25, the optional upgrade of the Tornado pack and perhaps the VF-27 to create the prototype YF-29? So does this mean that perhaps the engineers from Galaxy could also improve the VF-27 and come out with a evolution/upgrade of a fighter themselves?

not quite...

YF-24 created.

ISC (Inertia Store Converter) technology developed.

YF-24 Evolution created (incorporates ISC within the airframe)

YF-24 Evolution plans disseminated with a capability-reduced ISC system

Galaxy Fleet:

take YF-24 Evolution plans, incorporate technology from the YF-21/VF-22 (the BDI) and cyborg pilots, and create the VF-27 (publicly announced as the still-in-testing YF-27 to limit knowledge on the craft)

Frontier Fleet:

develop EX-Gear to compensate for reduced anti-G ISC performance

develop YF-25

develop VF-25

develop Tornado Pack as an anti-Vajra weapon

develop YF-29 as an anti-Vajra weapon with enhanced anti-G functions and fold-wave generation capabilities.

From information available, it doesn't look like the YF-29 has incorporated any technology from the VF-27.

It is possible for the Macross Galaxy to release an upgraded VF-27. Though, as the VF-27 hasn't been publicly announced, it'd be easier for them to simply modify the existing VF-27 design plans...

develop YF-29 as an anti-Vajra weapon with enhanced anti-G functions and fold-wave generation capabilities.

But what does "fold-wave generation capabilities" actually mean? Does it mean the YF-29 can fold without the need for an external fold booster?

Graham

not quite...

YF-24 created.

ISC (Inertia Store Converter) technology developed.

YF-24 Evolution created (incorporates ISC within the airframe)

YF-24 Evolution plans disseminated with a capability-reduced ISC system

Galaxy Fleet:

take YF-24 Evolution plans, incorporate technology from the YF-21/VF-22 (the BDI) and cyborg pilots, and create the VF-27 (publicly announced as the still-in-testing YF-27 to limit knowledge on the craft)

Frontier Fleet:

develop YF-25

develop VF-25

develop Tornado Pack as an anti-Vajra weapon

From information available, it doesn't look like the YF-29 has incorporated any technology from the VF-27.

It is possible for the Macross Galaxy to release an upgraded VF-27. Though, as the VF-27 hasn't been publicly announced, it'd be easier for them to simply modify the existing VF-27 design plans...

Cool thanks for the info, I was just wondering what the chances were that there would be a new fighter or an upgraded version of the VF-27. Since I already pre-ordered the YF-29 I was thinking if I should also get the VF-27 or just wait and see what happens.

Frontier Fleet:

Wasn't EX-Gear developed before Frontier put it into a VF? It existed in the YF-24/YF-24 Evolution. Frontier was the first (publicly) to incorporate it into a production VF.

But what does "fold-wave generation capabilities" actually mean? Does it mean the YF-29 can fold without the need for an external fold booster?

No, it can generate fold waves. Remember how Ranka felt the Vajra's pain or how Alto was able to communicate or hear Ranka/Sheryl with Sheryl's ear-ring in the series? Think more along the lines of that.

Graham

that would seem to be the next logical step.

Erp, slow response. So it's like a sound booster for vajra? Interesting. I won't ask further in this thread, but we'll see if my curiosity overcomes my spoiler resistance.

Edited by Kelsain

Oh well, I officially like this bird… I mean, look at this!

post-12283-0-59070900-1300926061_thumb.jpg

At what point do they decide to build larger primary engines? Like hmmm, we need 6 extra thrusters to keep up to these vajra, maybe its time for new reaction engines... "No, no, no, there is still space on the wing, just add another pair of boosters".

They had time to design a new anti varja plane right? (I haven't seem the movie, just a guess), you would figure they could design some more powerful engines too...

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

The chaps at Cybergundam scanned this from Hobby Japan...

20110324023010969.th.jpg

Source: Cybergundam

Looking damn good, is that micro missiles on the lower legs or just air brakes with internals?

I don't think this model needs a super pack, looks like YF-21 to VF-22 evolution, integration of super pack into the mainframe. At least the awful dual cannon from the Tornado pack got smaller and looks way much better here.

looks ok in b-mode. i wanna see how that enormous backpack looks in side-view. i like the better proportions... i hope the feet are already extended all the way out... i like the longer torso but i'm not sure how ugly it will look in person seeing too much of the open front landing gear and that waist joint... smaller crotch... the more i keep looking at the pic the more i see a proper DX VF-25....

Edited by m0n5t3r

The chaps at Cybergundam scanned this from Hobby Japan...

20110324023010969.th.jpg

Source: Cybergundam

Looking damn good, is that micro missiles on the lower legs or just air brakes with internals?

I don't think this model needs a super pack, looks like YF-21 to VF-22 evolution, integration of super pack into the mainframe. At least the awful dual cannon from the Tornado pack got smaller and looks way much better here.

It's just done sooooooo right.

That YF-29 looks really nice, but the longer I look at it, the more I want a legit DX VF-25 instead......or one made by Yamato :ph34r:

Speaking of which, in previous pictures, wasn't the crotch section angled like it is in the anime? Why is it flat in the pic above? I

dunno about you guys, but I'd rather have it angled like it is in the anime.... :unsure:

It took Yamato what.....15 years to get the Macross 7 license?

Enjoy your Yamato VF-25 sometime well past 2020. I don't gonna care by then. :lol:

i'm sure the landing gears will be one of the things they got from the DX VF-27.

is this the only paint scheme that came out in the movie?

Yep. Now if only they made two more and name them Joyeuse and Curtana. Heheh.

This may just be the first bandai valk I'll buy.

Edited by raptormesh

by my part Im not too sure the landing gear has been fixed because bandai not shows and excuse me if I sound paranoic but when you want sell a product the first thing is show the caracteristics or improvements and until I can see is an hybrid and I mean that literally of the old parts of the dx vf 25 <_<

At what point do they decide to build larger primary engines? Like hmmm, we need 6 extra thrusters to keep up to these vajra, maybe its time for new reaction engines... "No, no, no, there is still space on the wing, just add another pair of boosters".

They had time to design a new anti varja plane right? (I haven't seem the movie, just a guess), you would figure they could design some more powerful engines too...

YF-29 reused the legs of VF-25 (to save on start-up production cost and development time?), so there is a good reason not to upgrade the engines and just strap on more boosters. :D

Edited by nanoplasm

[...] I'm far more concerned as to whether they upgraded the quality of the plastic.

Do you mean the glossy finish of the plastic? Because I’ve spent a few days modifying my DX 25 in order to make it look a little bit more anime accurate and dude, the toy is made in a very hard kind of plastic!

Do you mean the glossy finish of the plastic? Because I’ve spent a few days modifying my DX 25 in order to make it look a little bit more anime accurate and dude, the toy is made in a very hard kind of plastic!

It's hard but it's also brittle and it seems to have a nasty tendency to diminish in volume, create self loosening joints.