Yamato Sale @ HLJ (Finally!)

BlueMax

I feel pretty bitter about this sale. Seeing how little these valks cost and knowing how much i paid for them makes me regret getting them. I certainly wont buy anymore until they eventually hit the sale price

Edited by Snail00

AllI can say is that I have bad timing. Like heap of the other guys, I brought mine at full price. But hey that happens.

But it let me finish off my DYRL Skull squadron and Vermillon. At a nice decent price. Just wish they had cheap shipping to. But one can dream

Yes no one put a gun to my head. However I am still able to feel regret for making a bad decision. I paid over $200 Canadian and to see them at around $80 canadian I am a little upset that they would go so low. This goes back to my earlier comment about the upcoming 1/3000 SDF and waiting until it goes on sale. I have seen to many things drop in place. IE. the Max Factory Dragonar selling for over $250 now selling for $130 or SOC that used to sell for $400 now selling for $200. Part of the thing about collecting high end collectibles is that they hold value. I have learned patience and I need to learn to be even more patient. That is all I am saying.

There is no guarantee a certain item will go on sale. For example, the Max and Millia 1/60 V2s. Not only did they not go on sale, they pretty much sold out soon after release and it is hard to get them at a good price.

You can think of it this way: By buying early, you eliminate risk (of it being sold out), because you pay not to run any risk. By waiting, you might get it at a lower price but you risk the ability to owwn it (like the Max and Millia) at all later on. As they say, he higher the risk, the higher the potential for return so if something is that important to you, you decide whether you want to run the risk.

On a more macro scale, if everybody thought like that: ie, hold out for lower prices, this will affect retailers' confidence in (in this case) Yamato products. Orders will drop and eventually yamato will deem it not worthwhile to continue making any more Macross products, and we will be the biggest losers for not having qualty intricately designed macross products. Basically theis is what essentially "deflation" is , and it is extremely damaging to producers.

So regarding the 1/3000 Yamato Macross, you have to decide if the risk is worth it to not get it sooner. I have decided it is not worth the risk, and I have pre-ordered. What about you?

Edited by BlueMax

There is no guarantee a certain item will go on sale. For example, the Max and Millia 1/60 V2s. Not only did they not go on sale, they pretty much sold out soon after release and it is hard to get them at a good price.

You can think of it this way: By buying early, you eliminate risk (of it being sold out), because you pay to to run any risk. By waiting, you might get it at a lower price but you risk the ability to owwn it (like the Max and Millia) at all later on. As they say, he higher the risk, the higher the potential for return so if something is that important to you, you decide whether you want to run the risk.

On a more macro scale, if everybody thought like that: ie, hold out for lower prices, this will affect retailers' confidence in (in this case) Yamato products. Orders will drop and eventually yamato will deem it not worthwhile to continue making any more Macross products, and we will be the biggest losers for not having qualty intricately designed macross products. Basically theis is what essentially "deflation" is , and it is extremely damaging to producers.

So regarding the 1/3000 Yamato Macross, you have to decide if the risk to not get it now is worth it. I have decided it is not worth the risk, and I have pre-ordered. What about you?

Something happened a few days ago with a family member its in the Collection Display thread and I am not going to repeat it. The last of my recent purchases have been the Hot Toys War Machine, SOC Spec Dragonar Opening Silhouette Ver. Costco Limited Movie BumbleBee, Riobot Delphine 2nd Type, and the New Fans Project Protector Armor. I just got the new Monster. Its much better than the Yamato one. But I should have waited to drop in Price or at least got the non special version. The base isnt worth the extra $80 Bucks. The reason I bought it was I didn't want to take the risk of it being discontinued. Again I should be comfortable about it being discontinued. No I haven't pre ordered the SDF because I am waiting on reviews from members here first.

Edited by Snail00

You can think of it this way: By buying early, you eliminate risk (of it being sold out), because you pay not to run any risk. By waiting, you might get it at a lower price but you risk the ability to owwn it (like the Max and Millia) at all later on. As they say, he higher the risk, the higher the potential for return so if something is that important to you, you decide whether you want to run the risk.

The other way to look at it is that when you are the first to have it, you are also the first to enjoy it. Sometimes it's not worth waiting six months to a year for a sale like this. For example, the VF-1S TV Roy was about $120 cdn when it first came out. Now it's on sale for $70. That's a difference of $50. Since it came out in June 2010, that's like $8.33 per month deduction once you divide it up. I figure it would have been worth that $50 to have it the first week it came out. That being said, it's nice to get it on sale, as I just did. :o:p:lol:B))

Bottom line for me: there are a few valks I'd pay full price for, usually the hero valks; the rest, I'll wait. Like I'm waiting for the Monster to come down.

Edited by pud333

well for me i really dont have much money to spend but i really like the Macross toy series thats why i intend to wait until they drop theyre prices....or wait till someone sells theyre valks.....and true theres no way we can tell if these things will be put on sale since this are collectibles.....but on some occasions people do tend to picky specially if they kept hearing QC issues and stuff :rolleyes:

Something happened a few days ago with a family member its in the Collection Display thread and I am not going to repeat it. The last of my recent purchases have been the Hot Toys War Machine, SOC Spec Dragonar Opening Silhouette Ver. Costco Limited Movie BumbleBee, Riobot Delphine 2nd Type, and the New Fans Project Protector Armor. I just got the new Monster. Its much better than the Yamato one. But I should have waited to drop in Price or at least got the non special version. The base isnt worth the extra $80 Bucks. The reason I bought it was I didn't want to take the risk of it being discontinued. Again I should be comfortable about it being discontinued. No I haven't pre ordered the SDF because I am waiting on reviews from members here first.

If it makes you feel any better, I held out on the Batman Dark Knight, Tumbler by Hot Toys 1/6 to go on sale and it did ($450 shipped). I thought to myself, in this economic down turn who'd drop that kind of money. Much to my dismay, it sold out!! As a result, I ended up going to eBay and had to drop $650 shipped. :(

I wish HLJ had some more of those mighty block stands for sale. After buying some items from this sale, I need some more stands and I'm liking the flexistands less as of late because I found the clear rubber(?) tips eat right through both the acrylic and lacquer clearcoats I've tried using and turn the contact points into a sticky goo. I can at least get around the mighty block shortcomings by gluing the swivel points in place.

Good to know that about the flexistands I guess.. but I've never felt I could ever justify how much the yamato stands cost when I could just make my own. I buy wooden bases and add posts of various type to them all the time to make stands for plastic kits, and despite the flexibility of those poseable stands, I've always preferred something solid to mount things on.

I know its not "macross related" but it does have something to do with HLJ.

Its not exactly on Sale but with their parred pricing with the American Dollar the Alter Linebarrel dropped in price. I have been eye-balling this beautifully detailed mech from the day it was announced but didnt want to drop that kind of cash for such a small figure. But since it was discontinued and RARE! I broke down in Fear I wont see it again and bought it.

DAM YOU HLJ DAM YOU!!

:lol: :lol:

I just got my Ghost Booster from AmiAmi. Does anyone know if you can mount it on a Yamato display stand or mighty block? It doesn't come with any stand attachments, and there are no instructions in the manual for mounting it on a Yammie stand in the manual, but there's a detachable-looking piece on the underside of the toy.

Anybody know?

yikes... so I went a bit overboard and got the following...

first order :

YMT00182 VF-11C w/Super Pack (Macross) 1 02501311

YMT00187 YF-19 Transformable (Macross) 1 02501311

YMT00192 Fold Booster & Fast Pack for YF-19/YF-21 (Macross)

second order:

BAN958129 VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom (Macross Frontier)

BAN958455 DX Chogokin VF-27 Lucifer Brera Sterne Custom (Macross Frontier)

BAN958765 VF-25S Armored Messiah Valkyrie Ozma Custom (Macross Frontier)

BAN960342 DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom (Macross Frontier)

BAN960999 VF-27 Lucifer Valkyrie Brera Sterne Custom (Macross Frontier)

BAN961937 VF-27b Lucifer VAlkyrie Normal Type (Macross Frontier)

YMT00168 VF-22S Sturmvogel II Gamrin Kizaki (Macross) 1

YMT00170 VF-22S Sturmvogel II Max Transformable (Macross)

so much for having self control!!!!

first order :

second order:

BAN960342 DX Chogokin VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom (Macross Frontier)

JFC man. I hope your single.

first order :

second order:

lol. You basically went full hog, didn't you? Dude, if I had the money, I would have done the same thing...

first order :

second order:

Haha, so much for "drawing the line".

You drew that line and did a running pole vault over it ;)

Managed to pick these up on eBay a few weeks ago for $380 for the pair. Perplexed me that no one had bid against me.

A few things I had ordered from HLJ sale got backordered, such as the GN-U VF-1J Hikaru and VF-1A Production Type. What are the chances HLJ can restock them? Seems like these items would have been sold out of their initial runs since they have been out for quite awhile.

Glad that you got your M&Ms unoppossed! Backordered stuff get filled pretty much most of the time. Sometimes, after a perticular item is sold out after a sale, they just list it as "discontinued", which pretty much snuffs any chance of getting it in the short term.

There have been exceptions though, like the 1/60 Super and Strike Packs, but this only happened because the manufacturer (Yamato) decided to do another run.