Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

There's a transforming Macross? I've only seen an ep of Frontier in the theatre so far. I wish they had some kind of international pass system so you could use your u.s. account there. And I like keeping my PSP legit.

They show it after the credits, so you have a bit of a wait. It's huge, bigger than any piece of furniture and it looks like you can give it a transform command. I'd be happy if it was least in the HK Home so I could use English controls. :lol:

It seems like the JPN Home is quicker than my US account sometimes...

Been reading a bit of the gamfaq's paranoia, and they're saying the VFX-2 versions of the VF-19A, VF-22, & VF-1J are gone, as well as the M3 Max & Mimlia VF-9's. Though we may have to wait until all of the passwords are out to be sure. Has anyone compared the list of mecha in the gallery with the one in MUF?

Am REALLY digging the extras disc. Theres 5 damn pages listed just for the menu!

My strip was Sheryl :-)

Ditto this.

Here's some more screencaps:

Huh. Not sure why all the thumbnails are blank, but at least the pics show up when you click on them.

post-1318-129690772022_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129690772155_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129690772288_thumb.jpg

post-1318-129690772421_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

Ditto this.

Here's some more screencaps:

Huh. Not sure why all the thumbnails are blank, but at least the pics show up when you click on them.

Cool thx for the pics, eventhough I haven't opened the UMD MF movie I could swear that this stuff is on the MF movie blu-ray

So on academy mode I was able to become an s.m.s. Pilot on the first 2 play throughs, then on my third I became a n.u.n.s. Pilot, I read on gamefaqs that there is a third a civilian, any clues how to become one? My only guess is to fail every flight test. Even though I cant read Japanese I've been playing academy mode more than mission mode. I guess I'm trying to do is max my stats on my character though trial and error. Also on gamefaqs they talk about finding CG's what are CG's?

Edited by Murphy

So on academy mode I was able to become an s.m.s. Pilot on the first 2 play throughs, then on my third I became a n.u.n.s. Pilot, I read on gamefaqs that there is a third a civilian, any clues how to become one? My only guess is to fail every flight test. Even though I cant read Japanese I've been playing academy mode more than mission mode. I guess I'm trying to do is max my stats on my character though trial and error. Also on gamefaqs they talk about finding CG's what are CG's?

CGs are clear game pictures you get, like ones you get in galgames(or...love story type games)

well if you love girls sure go for it XD

I havent even touched the academy mode..and i am almost finished with campaign mode...

it kind of gets repetitive for the missions.. in my opinion...guess i should try Academy mode soon or get someone to play with me...

So on academy mode I was able to become an s.m.s. Pilot on the first 2 playthroughs, then on my third I became a n.u.n.s. Pilot, I read on gamefaqs that there is a third a civilian, any clues how to become one? My only guess is to fail every flight test. Even though I cant read Japanese I've been playing academy mode more than mission mode. I guess I'm trying to do is max my stats on my character though trial and error. Also on gamefaqs they talk about finding CG's what are CG's?

Here's what I did. During my first run through I choose the second option for my school course, and dated Klan, and choose her whenever she pop up on the options for school classes and dates, and I always choose the ex-options during the trainings. When Ozma came along I would choose the top option. I eventually became a S.M.S pilot. The second time I choose the third option for my school course. And dated Nanase and Miyuki. I choose classes with the blond haired male and female instructors, as well as Miyuki and Nanase. I would also choose the ex option during trainings and a few times the top option during trainings (like 3-4 times total).I would choose the bottom option with Ozma (which looked like it pissed him off). Eventually I ended up as a N.U.Ns pilot. The third time I choose the second option for my school course, and dated the purple haired girl, Miyuki, and the the purple haired loli, Pinon. I hardly ever picked the EX classes, and I purposely failed any ex-class courses by ending it without doing what I was supposed to, or letting time run out. I also choose the bottom option with Ozma . I eventually became a civilian. After that I then started a new character to try and get the omake road option. I choose the last class course again. Ran through the courses as normal and fast, and dated no one. Then around month 1 2058 IIRC, you go to the Shibuya again IIRC, and will hear Sheryl's Iteza gogo dont be late. Choosed the top option, and Sheryl came to the academy earlier. You can then date her and max her hearts out. There is no Vajra attacks during this event so far (I'm still playing throught it). Eventually you get offered a choice to choose to be S.M.S, N.U.Ns, or civilian. Hope that helps some of you out. ;)

Oh and a new password is out: NEBHI

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Here's what I did. During my first run through I choose the second option for my school course, and dated Klan, and choose her whenever she pop up on the options for school classes and dates, and I always choose the ex-options during the trainings. When Ozma came along I would choose the top option. I eventually became a S.M.S pilot. The second time I choose the third option for my school course. And dated Nanase and Miyuki. I choose classes with the blond haired male and female instructors, as well as Miyuki and Nanase. I would also choose the ex option during trainings and a few times the top option during trainings (like 3-4 times total).I would choose the bottom option with Ozma (which looked like it pissed him off). Eventually I ended up as a N.U.Ns pilot. The third time I choose the second option for my school course, and dated the purple haired girl, Miyuki, and the the purple haired loli, Pinon. I hardly ever picked the EX classes, and I purposely failed any ex-class courses by ending it without doing what I was supposed to, or letting time run out. I also choose the bottom option with Ozma . I eventually became a civilian. After that I then started a new character to try and get the omake road option. I choose the last class course again. Ran through the courses as normal and fast, and dated no one. Then around month 1 2058 IIRC, you go to the Shibuya again IIRC, and will hear Sheryl's Iteza gogo dont be late. Choosed the top option, and Sheryl came to the academy earlier. You can then date her and max her hearts out. There is no Vajra attacks during this event so far (I'm still playing throught it). Eventually you get offered a choice to choose to be S.M.S, N.U.Ns, or civilian. Hope that helps some of you out. ;)

Oh and a new password is out: NEBHI

Cool thx for the info, I just did the Sheryl playthrough and got her 3 CGs, also no varja attacks. What is omake? I dont know which pilots are witch but the one with the s.m.s helmet is obviously an SMS pilot, the one with the n.u.n.s. is military then I got one that's not wearing a helmet but wearing a flight suit is that the civilian? Is there and strategy to max out the stats? And what's the new code do?

To clear things up a bit, approx 20%-30% of the extras on the extras UMD are from the original bluray release of the movie. The rest are original, with new gag animation, CG opening, talk segments by Megumi and Aya, etc.

The version of the movie is, as far as I can tell, identical to the DVD/bluray version, but with the extras stripped out.

The game is on one UMD, the movie on a 2nd, and the extras on a 3rd - 3 UMDs total.

Quite enjoyed playing the Metal Siren in the Mac II Campaign. Although I still think it has the ugliest fighter mode of any VF, it's actually pretty good in the game.

Also enjoying using the Tornado pack with the VF-25A in the Frontier movie campaign. Looks extremely cool.

It's going to take forever to level up all the FAST Packs in this game though, as you can't use shop points for them.

Graham

If you play through the academy mode of the game, you can actually get a whole mess of Nyan Nyan points. I'v played through the academy mode 4 times and have almost 300,000 nyan nyan points. This is going to make leveling up the shop and unlocking the specials easy. :ph34r:

I've been playing only a bit so far, and a lot of the changes are great, a couple, not so. Firstly, the mecha models are much more detailed. I'm not sure if they're just bigger, or if they added more detail to the already existing ones, but much prettier overall. The capitol ships are indeed much closer to scale in relation to regular sized mecha, another major plus.

Gripe #1: WTF, really, no uber bonus for having maxed out Ultimate & Ace saves? Weak. The missile count didn't even carry over like last time.

Gripe #2: This one is conditional. For some reason, the target lock options have been removed. You can still switch targets, but moving inbetween big/small targets so far seems impossible. This may be something you have to have a leveled up character to utilize, I'm not sure. Hopefully it's not completely gone, as I love switching between big targets, and say small gun ports.

Gripe #3: I still can't figure out why the melee special has been removed, but I can gladly report iti s still present when you hold down triangle. Just what does L+Triangle do now? Any help would be appreciated.

I do like how stripped down and slow un-leveled up weaker mecha are so far. They should be slow, it'll make them even more awesome when you spend the time to level them up.

All in all, a worthy upgrade so far. Not sure how much loading time the data install saves, but I did it anyway. I just wish they had rewarded long time players more. I do have a question though regarding fast pack experience. Do you have to level up an individual fast pack for all varients of the same fighter? Or just level up fast pack types in general. What I mean is, do all VF-0's have their own Ghost Booster, or does leveling up one Ghost booster apply to all?

I believe May'n sings theme to that, too, which is funny when you think about it.

Yes, May'n sings the opening theme in Valkyria 3. But the obvious choices don't end there. The main character, Kurt Irving is voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura who voiced Alto in Frontier, while one of the heroines, Riela Marcellis, the game's titular valkyria is voiced by Aya Endo... Sheryl.

No Megumi Nakajima, though. The other heroine named Imca is voiced by Masumi Asano.

This was more or less done in Valkyria 2, with two male leads being voiced by Gundam 00 actors (Aleluya's and Tieria's, who also voiced Michael Blanc in Macross Frontier) and the other two being unlockable characters, if my memory doesn't fail me. Basically, Sega is riding the wave. They pick actors that are in an active franchise enjoying a high success.

I don't remember what anime was on when the first Valkyria came out, but they picked Marina Inoue to voice the female lead and Sayaka Ohara, a very active actress for the titular valkyria.

But getting back on topic, did you notice the first password in the official site is already up? I want to get my UMD soon...

Looking at the mecha section, I noticed something was odd with the chest of the EX-Gear equipped character... Then I realized they were boobs... I facepalmed myself.

Do you have to level up an individual fast pack for all varients of the same fighter? Or just level up fast pack types in general. What I mean is, do all VF-0's have their own Ghost Booster, or does leveling up one Ghost booster apply to all?

Leveling up one type of Super Pack/Strike Pack/Armoured pack/Tornado Pack applies to all mecha that can use it. So far there seems to be no way to level up the packs in the shop, only by using tune points, so leveling up a pack is going to be very time consuming.

Also, seems like the packs get destroyed and purged much easier than in MUF, i.e they have lower HP, so you need to play much more defensively and dodge/boost/use chaff/shoot down missiles much more.

Graham

OK, I played the Macross 7 campaign, the Mac7 survival mission, the "Protodeviln" extra mission and some others (I even got Emilia's Queadluun-Gilga or whatever it was), and I have to conclude that Valgo is not in this game. :( And I think the VE-1 isn't, either.

Hey, where'd my post from last night go? smile.gif

Anyway, lots of nice subtle details in this game. Take a look at how the VF-1 holds its gunpod when firing now. I'm not sure if the capitol ship models actually are bigger (pretty sure they are), but notice how when you land on one, your Valkyrie shrinks even closer to scale with it. Lots of love in this game.

Edited by Keith

Hey, where'd my post from last night go? smile.gif

Anyway, lots of nice subtle details in this game. Take a look at how the VF-1 holds its gunpod when firing now. I'm not sure if the capitol ship models actually are bigger (pretty sure they are), but notice how when you land on one, your Valkyrie shrinks even closer to scale with it. Lots of love in this game.

Sorry, that was me by mistake on my touch screen smartphone (smart phone, dumb user). It's so easy to accidently delete, lock pin, stuff etc using a small touch screen.

Graham

Sorry, that was me by mistake on my touch screen smartphone (smart pnone, dumb user). It's so easy to accidently delete, lock pin, stuff etc using a small touch screen.

Graham

Well thats just wizard. Don't "accidently" ban me Graham. :p

Any idea on how to get the command skills? I want last supper, but can't find it in the academy mode. And how do I get more command and skill options for my pilots in the main game? :blink:

Being an Admin, all sorts of options pop up on screen and they are so close to the open topic, select page options, that it's really easy to touch the wrong thing by accident when working on a 4" touch screen. The forum software is not really optimised for smart phones.

Can't emphasis enough how much I'm enjoying using the Tornado Pack in this game. It's really kick ass. I really like how with Klan'a VF-25S and the VF-25A Cannon Fodder the Tornado pack is the same color as the base mecha. It makes the Tornado Pack look much more intergrated than on Alto's VF-25F.

Graham

Despite temptation I'm still playing in canon order, and damn, there is soo much more detail in this game. Finally the blunt cones on fast packs & boosters are gone. There's a lot more panel lining & fine detail in the texture's themselves. Ships finally take on a true super dimension grandure. Animations have been improved even more, with unique little movements matching the animaton much more closely. Hell, even the colors seem more vibrant.

I've played through academy mode twice now. The first time I pretty much botched it, ending it way too soon (probably ran out of HP?), and nerf'd my characters SP & general stats (accidentally). The second time I played a lot more attention, and tried to keep the 3 different color stats even. It looks like you get multiplied points for lining up either the same character, or characters they have close relationships with together. The second playthrough I did minimal dating (had to date Sheryl a couple times though, I mean come on). And ifgured out which option regends your MP (and skips a turn too apparently). This time I made it all the way to the end, and the last event was the fight with holo-Ranka & Battle Galaxy. Got ending credits & everything. The important thing regardless of how you do, is to level up your SP stat first. Basicaly if you don't level up your SP, your pilot won't have the ability to do SP specials. I maxed out my guage first, then bought a couple preferred pilot & auto skills, then spent the rest on base stats. I ended up with everything being around the mid 30's which is decent.

Having developed a better player character, I noticed that the lock-on problems I was complaining about earlier have gone away. Right now I'm just barely into DYRL, but can honestly say this game is well worth the upgrade. Missions may appear the same, but more detail & love have gone into them. Mecha are definately a bit bigger & better detailed, though I still feel spoiled after the PS3 demo. I don't know if it's two seperate teams that work on these Macross games, and the Gundam Battle/Assault games, but if so, then the Macross team is the clear winner. The only thing Assault Survive did better was its version of the custom soundtrack. Instead of little individual song folders, it had one main music folder, and let you assign songs a lot quicker, and even let you change songs mid stage.

I've played through academy mode twice now. The first time I pretty much botched it, ending it way too soon (probably ran out of HP?), and nerf'd my characters SP & general stats (accidentally). The second time I played a lot more attention...

Well, IIRC the first time is just a trial anyway. You are not enrolled for a full course, it's only one term, so yeah, it's going to be much shorter. From the second time onwards you are allowed to choose your course at the academy and the story is a lot more involved because you are there until graduation (or something).

I also noticed that you can luanch missles while changing modes. Before, if you locked on in Ultimate and transformed your lock ons were disabled and you had to relock on. Now in triangle you can lock on transform and and let them rip. I'm loving it. Oh and for help on the dating try this site:

Strategy Summary MACROSS TRIANGLE FRONTIER

Ok, I've got the regular campaign all beat & S/SS'd. Still need to work on extra, survival, & whatnot. And I'd just like to say that the team who puts this game out are the hardest working guy's in video games. I don't know what kind of budget they have to work with, I'm sure it's not big enough, but many thanks for all they do.

It looks like the Macross II campaign unfortunately got pushed back, and had to be slapped together. Obviously Utahime & the new renders/animations had to come first. Hell, the PS3 demo I'm sure cut into a lot of their schedule. All is understandable, since the results are quite outstanding. I've still got a lot left to unlock, but I can't wait to see what they're cooking up for the next game.

Oh, and the Metal Siren truly is the ugliest thing to grace the Macross universe. It makes the Zentradi flying turds look like VF-1's.

Also, what I thought was Valgo was apparently the new render for Glabil. Foiled again!

Edited by Keith

Also, what I thought was Valgo was apparently the new render for Glabil. Foiled again!

Your Macross 7 fan status has been revoked, effective immediately. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

:p

Oh, and how are you supposed to clear any mission with the SNN valk?? :wacko: