Graham

I'd buy the VF-11 in that scheme. Seriously---was Yamato so burned by the VF-11 they won't even do repaints? I'm betting even the most complex repaint is cheaper than the cheapest new molding of a head or something.

Model kits are very cheap to make after the initial tooling is cut due to their non-existent assembly costs. So generally it's easier to tweak a kit for a niche audience than a toy. The VF-11 is a filler design so it doesn't garner as much fervor.

While I'd love to see Yamato make the VF-19ACTIVE, it would financially be quite a big risk for them, as it would involve an awful lot of new tooling and thus expense for just one paint variant.

It would require all new tooling for the head, shoulders, shield, lower legs, feet and wings.

Graham

This is why it'd have to be a co-investment to be made as a toy. I've heard of different companies partnering together to make toys, and this would probably be one of them, as Dengeki Hobby sponsored this toy design.

('s anyone else vaguely reminded of an Ingram Patrol Labor when they look at the VF-19ACTIVE's head?)

It was the first thing popped up in my mind, but not ingram, more like the military labor helldiver. Always love heads design in patlabor.

Edited by valkyriechild

I just got my copy of Visual Book Vol 2 today and I'm still picking my jaw up off the ground after seeing all the beautiful battroid modes. If Yamato picked up the license for MtR, I would be in so much trouble. Man do I want a Nothung and a Zeak...

This is probably a more appropriate place to post it, but has anyone have any news on this

Its a reference from the official Macross forum that The Ride could possibly under development or m I reading the translation wrong. Or just a reference to a want....

マクロスシリーズ生誕30周年に向けて、提言は大きく2つ。

デルタ6

2012/01/30(Mon) 22:17 [ No.9388 ]

1.アニメ作品の更なる充実化

未だにアニメ化されていないM3・2036・永遠のラブソング・トゥルーラヴソング・7トラッシュ・マクロスザライドそして完全新作とを、OVAを中心に作る。2036と永遠~ぬついては、ぬえによる真解釈によるものでもいい。新作はFの続編を見てみたいが、ゲームオリジナルキャラも、挙って正式参入して欲しい。

2.移民事業の再確認

どの移民船団が、どの星から出発し、どの星に辿り着いたのか、それともまだ航海の途中なのか、そこもはっきりして欲しい。

For the 30th anniversary of the birth of Macross series, has two main proposals.

Delta 6

2012/01/30 (Mon) seventeen past ten p.m. [No.9388]

1. To further enrich the animation work

and a completely new song Love and True Love Eternal Song 7 Trash Macross M3 · 2036 · The Ride is not animated yet, mainly produce OVA. For 2036 and lac-ever, even better due to a new interpretation by the Nue. Like to see is a new sequel of F, original character game, I want you to enter formally raised.

2. Reconfirmation of business immigration

immigration fleets which, starting from any star, or which had reached the star, or a still or during the voyage, hope it's fairly obvious

It's just some guy's wishful suggestion. Like our threads on "The next Macross show should show what happened to the Megaroad!"

That looks amazing with those boosters and in that color scheme.

+1.

I was trying describe MtR to someone.... is it fair to call it NASCar with Valkyries without Rednecks?

Thanks, Rei *site Favorited*

Edited by TehPW

That looks amazing with those boosters and in that color scheme.

That's really cool looking. Too bad Yamato won't make us a transforming version of one of these.

I thought it was inspired from Reno air race? with similar picture in the first chapter.

Yeah, it's an air race. Not NASCAR at all... and that's not necessarily "redneck" either.

I think Red Bull has some air race going but i don't know too much about it.

The Red Bull air races are extremely popular and great fun to watch. Last time I was back in UK, they seemed to be on TV really frequently.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know which one is red bull, but i often watch air slalom on sport channel where sometimes the aircraft wing tip cut through the cone a little bit when the pilot fly too close.

Great sport.

great sport for everyone save the poor sods last year in that Reno Crash (pretty sure the pilot was at fault for such reckless mods to his bird)... i like racing but somehow i know NASCar fans like car crashes, but not so much in aviation...

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry for those who can’t stand the chest gap ;)

But in a real strict sense there really isn't any... look closer :)

So is this a custom build? Looks awesome, love the head sculpt, not so much the wing kibble.

Bandai/Yamato we need this now!!!!

I’m sorry for those who can’t stand the chest gap ;)

post-12283-0-24100000-1333685999_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-16743300-1333686018_thumb.jpg

by gerwalk_w

love the model. still think its retarded to use a VF-25 era gunpod (it shouldnt be able to transform with it installed in Fighter mode, its so long compared to a proper VF-19 Bulpup-type)

• 4 weeks later...

But in a real strict sense there really isn't any... look closer :)

So is this a custom build? Looks awesome, love the head sculpt, not so much the wing kibble.

Bandai/Yamato we need this now!!!!

Graham did say the guys at Yamato liked the way the Active and Nothung's looked. Doesn't mean they'd ever get made considering they're practically entire reworks of the molds though.

• 2 months later...

Why should they use an old gunpod? :huh:

your supposed to use the equipment that was designed by the manufacturer. Anything else invalidates the warrenty LOL

B/c it's cheaper.

Not clear if it is, or not. It really depends if other VFs in the same hangar are using the same gun pod and the bullet manufacturer makes more of which calibre.

Anyhow, this is about the VF-19ACTIVE, no? The last I heard, it wasn't able to use the VF-25's gun pod. Reason being, it wasn't modified to withstand the recoil.

Compare to the VF-19EF:

The VF-19EF can be equipped with the new model Hughes GU-17A, developed for the VF-25. The VF-19EF's airframe has been modified to withstand the larger recoil of the GU-17A.

Hmmm... just double checked the MtR: Visual Book Vol. 02, and indeed, the VF-19ACTIVE has the GU-17A. (Ergo, it's been modified to withstand the recoil).

So, is it cheaper? It's clear that the GU-17A is the new big gun in the M25 fleet, and it's realistic that Hughes would be doing it's darnedest to promote their latest weapon. Therefore, my conclusion is yes, in this one instance the GU-17A would be cheaper (company discounts and promotions).

I really liked the dynamic of Macross Plus, where the pilots and teams were competing against each other. I think a movie or short series (OVA style) for Macross the Ride could work really well from a storytelling format. Of course, I did love the recent Redline. Just... wow!