Graham

Thanks for keeping up on all the Ride related news! Am really glad these are getting reprinted as books - I dont have enough space to keep buying dengeki hobby. Not to mention they are damn heavy! June 25th is looking like a big shopping day though!

Thanks for keeping up on all the Ride related news! Am really glad these are getting reprinted as books - I dont have enough space to keep buying dengeki hobby. Not to mention they are damn heavy! June 25th is looking like a big shopping day though!

You could get out your knife and slice out the pages that you want to keep.

Though, I agree, that even if the publications only a reprint of the magazine articles (I hope it's that, and more), it's more than worth it.

... and finished Vol. 07.

I've also translated the add page for "Macross the Ride Visual Book Vol. 01" and "Macross the Ride Volume One" that immediately follows this months MtR.

New pictures and expanded content. Double plus good.

... and finished the "book review" on the page immediately preceding the MtR article.

Surprisingly, both are, for the large part, different from the ad at the end of the MtR article, and further flesh out the content of the two tankoubon.

I'm in the process of writing up RPG game stats for the ADR-04-Mk XV S-Defender that appears in the 2011.07 issue, and...

... I just realized that it has the same designation as the MBR-04-Mk XV Goblin II; which appears in the old Macross Compendium's Mecha TOC: http://macross.anime.net/mecha/index.html

Does anyone know where the Goblin II comes from?

Nvm: comes from the Hobby Handbook. I guess that publication really has been cut from the official setting.

Edited by sketchley

Episode 8 is out.

Lactence and General Galaxy continue interrupting the races, and our first combat loaded racer appears - VF-11 armed to the teeth.

This month features:

VF-11C Thunderbolt Interceptor (Anthony Clemens craft; based on the new Hasegawa VF-11B kit.)

VF-17D "Song Cuu Long" (fully scratch built! Though that does explain why the engine nacelles look droopy...)

Picked up my copy today. As Gubaba said - go out and buy it already.

Content rundown:

4 pg characters w/ large format character artwork

1 pg datafile 1: character interelationships, summaries of the 1st 6 episodes

2 pg Eps 1 splash pages

5 pg VF-19EF Caliburn: w/ some new images, and lots more under-construction picts

1 pg datafile 2: VF-171, AIF-7S Ghost, VF-19 (M7), and "the relationship between SMS and the New Unified Foces)

1 pg TOC

2 pg Eps 2 splash pages

2 pg Vanquish race Q&A, summary, etc

2 pg Eps 3 splash pages

2 pg VF specs & originating VF: VF-19EF + YF-19, SV-52γ + SV-51γ

2 pg Eps 4 splash pages

2 pg Eps 5 splash pages

2 pg Eps 6 splash pages

2 pg VF specs & originating VF: VF-1X++ + VF-1J, YF-27-5 + VF-27

1 pg datafile 3: songstresses

1 pg Macross the Ride showcase splash page (featuring the SV-52γ)

2 pg VF-19ACTIVE Nothung fighter mode (a couple of new images)

2 pg VF-19ACTIVE Nothung GERWALK mode (new content - sweet!)

2 pg VF-1X++ fighter mode (a couple of new images)

1 pg VF-1X++ early type fighter mode (new content - sweet!)

1 pg VF-1X++ GERWALK mode (new content - sweet!)

3 pg SV-52γ fighter mode (a couple of new images)

1 pg datafile 4: 1/72 scale

2 pg YF-27-5 fighter mode (a couple of new images)

2 pg YF-25 fighter mode (a couple of new images)

2 pg datafile 5: YF-24 plan, VF-25 variants, YF-25 and EX-Gear

2 pg Queadlunn-Rau (a couple of new images)

2 pg VF-9 fighter & GERWALK modes

2 pg VF-19A fighter mode (a couple of new images, rest are large format)

1 pg what kits were used to make which MtR models

1 pg Vanquish Race Valkyrie Catalogue 2058 splash page (featuring the VF-4 & VF-9)

2 pg VF-4SL fighter mode (new images, rest are large format)

1 pg VF-19C/MG21 fighter mode (images are large format)

1 pg VF-19A2 fighter mode (new content!)

1 pg VF-11B & VF-11B Kai fighter mode (images are large format)

5 pg Tenjin Hidetaka and Director Kawamori interview, featuring Tenjin's visualizations for the VF-19ACTIVE (+ head!), VF-19EF, VF-1X++, YF-27-5 head, SV-51γ (+ battroid for the win!!!)

1 pg Enami Katsumi interview, featuring some rejected designs

1 pg Muneharu interview, featuring VF-19ACTIVE alternate paint schemes

8 pg VF build-ups, lots of interesting picts of the VFs under construction. 1 pg each. VF-19ACTIVE, VF-1X++, SV-52γ, YF-27-5, YF-25, Queadlunn-Rau, VF-19A, VF-4SL

Pure awesomeness, cover to cover.

Thanks a lot, I had tried searching amazon but didn't know how to write the title in Japanese and got no results with the english name

Hi thanks a lot for the link. Like Raptor One, I tried looking for it in Amazon.co.jp but got no results. Thanks again :) !

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad that Iwase JPN bookstore in my area closed down. I would really love to get that book but super leary of ordering it online.

Still i wish they would come up with toys. Models are great too but too much work. =) no time to build models anymore.

Macross for sure has the least amount of toys available all things considered.

Edited by biggooftoybox

• 2 weeks later...

September 2011 issue is out (and for once, it's on my day off!)

Features the new variants:

VF-22HG Schwalbe Zwei

VF-11B Thunder Bell III (no, that's not an English typo.)

Two new characters:

Anri Mahlberg (ears imply he's Zolan)

Yuein Lau (cute design)

Too bad that Iwase JPN bookstore in my area closed down. I would really love to get that book but super leary of ordering it online.

Still i wish they would come up with toys. Models are great too but too much work. =) no time to build models anymore.

Macross for sure has the least amount of toys available all things considered.

Blame Harmony Gold. <_<

Guess I'm a little late to the party, but I just got the Macross The Ride Visual Book 1 and have thoroughly enjoyed combing through every page! Love the designs of the Nothung and the Oryol (this is my favorite design so far).

Looking through the book made me wonder though, with all the new designs and variations of VFs that have been developed over the years why hasn't the UN Spacy designed any new powered suits for full sized Zentradi? I can understand the reasons (both in-universe and real world) for making new VFs, but wonder why no resources have been devoted to developing new powered suits. Is the Queadluun Rau as good as it gets? Has any in-universe explanation been given?

Guess I'm a little late to the party, but I just got the Macross The Ride Visual Book 1 and have thoroughly enjoyed combing through every page! Love the designs of the Nothung and the Oryol (this is my favorite design so far).

Looking through the book made me wonder though, with all the new designs and variations of VFs that have been developed over the years why hasn't the UN Spacy designed any new powered suits for full sized Zentradi? I can understand the reasons (both in-universe and real world) for making new VFs, but wonder why no resources have been devoted to developing new powered suits. Is the Queadluun Rau as good as it gets? Has any in-universe explanation been given?

They did, the Queadluun-Rhea, designed to be more survivable. It seems to be replacing both the Q-Rau and the N-Ger in UN service too, since we see a Zentradi Marine Battalion using them.

They did, the Queadluun-Rhea, designed to be more survivable. It seems to be replacing both the Q-Rau and the N-Ger in UN service too, since we see a Zentradi Marine Battalion using them.

Yeah, I know about that. I was thinking a design that was completely different. The Queadluun-Rhea still greatly resembles the Queadluun-Rau except for its beam cannon and a couple of other things. I meant why haven't they developed anything that's drastically different from current designs, like how the VF-1, VF-4, VF-19, and so on are clearly different designs. The only powered suit that's a new design, that I know of, is the "Enemy" Powered Suit from Macross Plus. Just wondering if anyone's come across anything hinting at why the UN Spacy hasn't developed any new designs of powered suits.

They did, the Queadluun-Rhea, designed to be more survivable.

Not just more survivable. Apparently it has manoeuvrability greater than the main VF at the time (VF-171), and the VF-25 just barely exceeds it in that category. In addition to improvements in the weapons and some new additions, there's also a fold booster designed just for it. Lastly, the Queadluun-Rau's inertia vectoring system was reused in the YF-21/VF-22 AND is the basis for ISC.

So... the old rule of thumb comes into play: if we haven't directly seen/read it, or heard otherwise, anything is possible in Macross.

Yeah, I know about that. I was thinking a design that was completely different. ... Just wondering if anyone's come across anything hinting at why the UN Spacy hasn't developed any new designs of powered suits.

It's been stated that the Unified Forces have focused on development of VFs, and that Zentraadi were retrained to pilot VFs in numerous publications. In addition to the Variable Gluag, they're known to have piloted the VF-14 and VA-14 in the Macross 5 Fleet. By appearances, the YF-21 was designed so that pretty much only Zentraadi could pilot it.

The appearance of the Queadluun-Rhae in MF came as a surprise, as it was inconsistent with previous information on Zentraadi mobile weapons in Macross. But ultimately, as MF went and revised Macross considerably, it's possible that other Zentraadi power suits or derivatives were developed.