Graham

The ads in the mag:

MtR Serialization Upper Volume

...implying that there are going to be either 2 or 3 novels, in total. Meaning we're about 1/3 to 1/2 way finished the MtR serialization already?!!

Collects episodes 1 to 6.

release planned: 06.25

B6 size

¥1,260

384 pages

MtR Visual Book Vol.1

Not 100% certain, but the images look like copy-pastes from the magazine articles.

A4 size

¥924

80 pages

Encyclopedia Entries:

Shinsei Industry

Viggers

Shinakasu Heavy Industry

Nyannyan

Dainamu

Family Mart

Tomahawk

Phalanx

Defender

Spartan)

Feature mecha:

ADR-04-Mk.XC S-Defender

Basically a Defender with 6 barrel Gatling Guns, and two UUM-7 micro missile pods bolted to the top and bottom of each arm.

VF-19C/MG21 Excalibur

Macross Galaxy craft.

Edited by sketchley

LOL that Defender version inspired me to make a Rifleman variant on Heavy Metal Pro with 2 RAC/5's, 4 tons of ammo and 2 Rocket/20's, all arm mounted... :lol:

oh... 2 sets of missle pods per arm? hmmm...

well i made a 2nd varient with 4 Rocket/10's and a 5th ton of RAC ammo. still live that idea even though its so plainly cut & paste unoriginal...

Edited by pensives_wetness

HI all,

Had to change my name, was in the hospital for like a month, an forgot my password... IT used to be e_jacob77...

Either way, 1st time in this thread, and WOW!!! Thought this was an actual roller coaster or something! Talk about flippin awesome!!! This is gonna be made right? More Macross!!! As long as the shows don't start to suffer from poor writing, then keep 'em coming!

Is it just me, or is it awesome to see the NUNS logo on old school mecha?

You should see VF-25 Master File then. There's a picture in that book of a VF-1X, VF-11, VF-17, VF-19A, VF-22S, VF-171, and VF-25 in formation, all with NUNS crests on them.

As for the new pictures. Those are some interesting things. The VF-19C/MG21 in particular. That Angel Birds VF-19 they show has the VF-1 scheme instead of the Master File one seen in the VF-19 Master File book.

Finally had time today to pick up this issue. Awesome pics. Got this, along with some takoyaki, seafood dumplings, ate some miso ramen, and sweet potato apple pie. Thanks, Mitsuwa!!!

The ads in the mag:

MtR Serialization Upper Volume

...implying that there are going to be either 2 or 3 novels, in total. Meaning we're about 1/3 to 1/2 way finished the MtR serialization already?!!

Collects episodes 1 to 6.

B6 size

¥1,260

384 pages

That's rather expensive for a novel...

I don't know where I read it (probably here somewhere), but is there going to be a book with all the custom model kits and artwork for the novel in it? While I have been getting the Dengeki hobby mags for the artwork and such, I'd really like to see it in a nice combined magazine or something like that.

MtR Visual Book Vol.1

Not 100% certain, but the images look like copy-pastes from the magazine articles.

A4 size

¥924

80 pages

They do mention that there will be new photos taken especially for the book.

I don't know where I read it (probably here somewhere), but is there going to be a book with all the custom model kits and artwork for the novel in it? While I have been getting the Dengeki hobby mags for the artwork and such, I'd really like to see it in a nice combined magazine or something like that.

Yeah, that's the "Visual Book", coming at the same time as the novel (see above).

Edited by Renato

Enami Katsumi he also did the character design for Baccano.

This need to be made into a series. It's absolutely AWESOME!!!

BTW Who's the character designer for Macross R?

That is some sweet destroid love.

That Defender is sick. I remember a poll in the toys section awhile ago asking people if they would buy a Macross the First VF-1J. I think a Macross the Ride Defender toy would be awesome.

I like how it incorporates the existing UUM-7 Missile pods as its shoulder missile packs instead of something else. Makes it fit more believably into the Macross world.

Started translation of 2011.07 issue. http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/portal/translations.htm

Only the opening paragraph, but already a stunning word: Lactence.

You know, the (terrorist) group that takes over the Macross 13 at the end of VF-X2 :blink:

MtR is teh sex! The opening page and art have references to SDFM, DYRL, M7, VF-X2 and MF. :o

Kawamori-san, when is this getting animated?

Edited by sketchley

OVA would be nice, but I doubt it. The character designs in my opinion are just as great as the custom mecha IMO. It would be a shame to only novelize it, but hey, not everything can, or needs to be animated I guess. Heck, they can maybe do this as a manga for Macross Ace.

The other option would be a game. Maybe not a high-end, graphics intensive (read: high development cost), but something that uses preexisting wire-frame models and a game engine. *cough* one of the PSP games *cough*

The other option would be a game. Maybe not a high-end, graphics intensive (read: high development cost), but something that uses preexisting wire-frame models and a game engine. *cough* one of the PSP games *cough*

They could count me in for that as well. This franchise just has the juice to do any one of those options, and it'd probably be a good seller.

An OVA would be the awesome, but I'm in for a game too!!!

They do mention that there will be new photos taken especially for the book.

Yeah, that's the "Visual Book", coming at the same time as the novel (see above).

Have they started the pre-order ? 25 June is closing fast!

Well... I never thought I'd use "redacted" in a translation, but there you go. Nor jingle, or spokes model, but the odds of the latter two were greater than redacted.

Translations continue on the 2011.07 issue.

"1 millionth branch store". Heh.

Are you saying you preordered? If so where?

I just sent a message to Kinokuniya, and asked if they could hold me my copies of the books, and they said they would, so hopefully that'll be good enough.