Potential Mechas - By Bandai or by Yamato

ff95gj

I just wish to discuss what valks (or non valks) we may see in the near future, now that the VF-1 line is pretty drained. We even have the VF-X!

- Will we see the Dark Bird or HQ Guard?

- May I ask whether Yamato has the license to issue the Minmay Guards?

- Is Yamato going to issue Phalanx? (fingers crossed)

- Is the Robot Spirit VF-25S cancelled?

- I believe we would see a DX Klan VF-25S...?

I totally agree. I have a 1/48 Minmay Guard Paris Act Custom by Kurt, and the Moon Act will be close behind. However, if Yamato came out with a 1/60 version I'd buy at least a few copies. I just can't get enough of the Minmay Guard theme.

I'm also a huge advocate of Yamato producing 1/60 versions of the UN Guard and Dark Bird, but who knows if that will ever come to fruition.

Edited by Old Man

From Yamato, we will of course see the 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valk and likely also the Sound Booster, VF-19S and possibly the VF-19F and VF-19P as well (depending on how well the first two VF-19 sell). Then we have the next 1/60 VF-** coming after that. But yes, the 1/60 VF-1 line is pretty much finished. Of course, there will be the occasional reissue and perhaps even the a few new limited edition paint schemes now and then. Before all that there is of course the 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1 and possibly a TV version as well, even if it is only a recolored DYRL version with TV arms (although this is still not confirmed, just a possibility). Yamato are also considering other Macross items, but I can't say anything yet. However, expect something of a slowdown of new products, compared with the past several years. Unfortunately, it looks like the Phalanx is dead. A Minmay Guard paint scheme while nice, is unlikely, as Hasegawa/Model graphix own the rights to that.

For Bandai, they so far seem to have shown a reluctance to do recolors, except for the main characters. Note, no cannon-fodder VF-25A yet, no movie version Macross Quarter either, so I doubt we will see a Klan VF-25. We also seem to be at the start of a slowdown from Bandai. While I have no contact with bandai and no inside information, I strongly suspect the Robot spirit VF-25S Armoured is cancelled, along with the propsed 1/100 VF-25 fighter model kit. I'm also beginning to doubt if we will see the Hi-Metal YF-21, YF-19 & VF-19F.

Graham

After 10 years since the release of the 1/60 version 1 Hikaru VF-1A, the Yamato VF-1 line has more or less officially come to a close with the retail release of the VF-1S TV versions. Not a bad way to conclude the VF-1 series, given the fact that the TV Roy pilot figure makes its debut in the VF-1 toy history.

I am definitely looking forward to the VF-19 series, including all variants listed above, and maybe some non-canon, but real world schemes.

Excited to hear the VF-**, and I hope we will see it released alternately between it and the VF-19 variants.

Good to hear that there are also more projects with regard to Macross an I definitely hope that they will be VF related, or at least in 1/60 scale , for consistency's sake. Hopefully something for the 30th Anniversary of Macross.

Thats too bad. One could safely then assume there will be no Spartan either. :(

Since the CAD was already done for it, maybe we can hope for it to be revisited... if/when there is renewed interest in the era of the the riginal Macross TV series (in-universe 2008 - 2012)

No Spartan... well, it was pretty much made clear that there was little possibility, if any of it being made, since day 1 of the announcement of the Destroids, largely due to the inability to share part of the mould (waist and below) with the other Destroids.

Thanks Graham! I can stop dreaming about the Minmay Guards... NOT! I would still dream about them I'm sure.

I am sad to learn that a Spartan would not see the day. It's my most favorite Destroid. Anyhow, I really want my Phalanx.

Last time the Zentradi suit (for Max 1A) is stated to be released within 2010. Is that still the case? Do we still get Britai?

Bandai-wise, I still expect the Robot Spirit VF-25S and Klan 25S. They already have the mold for one thing, and they may be waiting for the second MF movie to release them. My feeling is that it doesn't take as much consideration for Bandai to release a Robot Spirit model. For the Klan 25S, I am expecting a Tamashii shop item.

Also, Bandai has too many license on hand. It took years for a Kamen Rider SIC to finish all main characters (e.g. Take Agito: the first SIC Agito was released in 2003, G3 and G4 in 2007, revised Agito in 2008, and Gills is still being designed), and we may continue to pray. Oh I know, Macross is no Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider seems to keep running forever (for the past 10 years at least) to retain the public interest. But year 2012 would help I hope?

P.S. I still have 2 blank 1S, I hope someone would create the 1/60 Minmay Guard decals someday.

That, and are there any plans to reissue the 1/60 DYRL VF-1S's (Roy, Hikaru, and Max)? What about Hikaru's VF-1A?

The Hikaru 1S and 1A are on sale at US$62 in where I live... Difficult to expect a re-issue I guess.

Edited by ff95gj

The Hikaru 1S and 1A are on sale at US$62... Difficult to expect a re-issue I guess.

Where are you seeing these prices? Either way, I know what you mean. I got my Hikaru 1A from AmiAmi when it was re-released in early August, and it still has the rainbow/chrome tint on the canopy and the old hip system. I was just hoping they'd reissue the 1S's since they already reissued Max and Kakizaki's 1A, and I know they have the new improvements.

Where are you seeing these prices? Either way, I know what you mean. I got my Hikaru 1A from AmiAmi when it was re-released in early August, and it still has the rainbow/chrome tint on the canopy and the old hip system. I was just hoping they'd reissue the 1S's since they already reissued Max and Kakizaki's 1A, and I know they have the new improvements.

I'm living in HK, and I just saw them in a local shop today.

I've heard that they are on sale in Japan, and that's why we get the low price.

No DYRL Roy though!

I also think that they may be waiting for the 2nd MF movie to come out before releasing new models. The Klan VF-25S in Macross Trial Frontier could very well mean that it will make an appearance in the 2nd movie. If so, I don't see why they wouldn't want to release a 25S with that paint scheme.

"Then we have the next 1/60 VF-** coming after that., Graham"

guys, i looked at ALL the valks from macross 7, and the only one left is the vf-17 (thats the vf, with 2 digit numbers after it), so this is the only valk left for yamato to do with their curent liscences. Pls correct me if i am wrong (very welcomed actually). So this is sort of a unofficial announcement of the vf-17. Besides, this is pretty much the only valk (similarly to the vf-19), that has alot of variations using same or similar mold, so room for money making!!!

Thanks Graham for the info, when can we start seing/hearing about the official annoucement of the 1/60 vf-** from Yamato??? Is it for 2012, or 2013?

Whatever happened to the Britai Viny 1/60 figure? They should at least maybe go that route in the meantime between the slow-down. I started work on my own super custom 1/60 that hasn't been done yet, so I'm glad they at least did the unassembled versions. There's still the Angel Bird and VF-X (Christmas gifts). I hope the Regults sell well enough that equate to making a toy version, even if dumned down.

Graham, since you are in contact with Yamato, how about a VFX Ravens VF-19? That was my favorite colored 19 model. Still don't know why the "Nut Cracker" or "Double Nut" (WTF) and the "Bird of Prey" were done before that. MILK THOSE MOLDS, BABY!!!

Personal most wanted:

New, some possibility:

• 1:60 VF-4 (Yamato)
  • 1:60 VF-17 (Yamato)

New, very low possibility:

• Revoltech Destroids, Glaug (Kaiyodo)
  • 1:60 VF-0D (Yamato)
  • 1:60 VF-171 (Bandai / Yamato?)
  • 1:3000 SDF-1 TV proper (Yamato)

Reissue, very low possibility:

• Joke Machines (Bandai)