What is your favourite Macross gunpod.

Nicaragua

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Macross Mecha gunpod.

• SV-51
    • VF-1
    • VF-11B
    • VF-11C
    • VF-17
    • YF-19
    • YF-21
    • VF-25
    • VF-27

I love posing my toys in action stances with their hand cannons and was wondering if anyone had a preference as to which valk has the coolest weapon.

Personally I really like the YF-21’s because of its stealth based design and how it blends into the lines of the ship when attached in fighter mode. Also there is two of them for additional awesomeness.

Least favourite is probably the SV-51. I think the magazine looks way too clunky and ruins the sleek barrel.

Least favourite is probably the SV-51. I think the magazine looks way too clunky and ruins the sleek barrel.

I used to think this until I realized what they were going for with its design. I think it was made to look like a classic WW1 area machine gun such as the Lewis gun, or more probably the Russian Degtyarev DP DPM RP-46 http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg34-e.htm

I suppose that doesn't change the way it looks but at least I can appreciate the design choice which makes me like it more.

I love posing my toys in action stances with their hand cannons and was wondering if anyone had a preference as to which valk has the coolest weapon.

Indeed I do... but I can't vote for it because none of the mecha from Macross II made the list.

Personally, my favorite gun pod is the compact medium-scale railgun used by the VF-2SS Valkyrie II. It's a sleek little gun that neatly fits into the Valkyrie II's forearm pack, and it packs one hell of a wallop. The heavy railgun on Nex Gilbert's Valkyrie II isn't bad either. The one I like the least is the stealth gun pod on the YF-21/VF-22S, on account of its rather odd and topheavy shape and the inconsistencies in its depiction.

Meh... I'm gonna deviate from the pack here and say I love the YF-19 Gunpod particularly because it doesn't look like a crude metallic tube with a chaingun tucked inside. The Excalibur's gunpod looks more like a tacticool rifle/carbine.

Edited by Ghost Train

Seems that 10 seconds of bayonet love in Macross Plus was enough to win over most people, including myself. It was an especially hardcore moment for a Macross production.

Edited by taksraven

HI all,

Also voted for the YF-19, also becuz of it's rifelesque look... Though as stated above, woulda choose the VF-25G's gunpod, as I aswell have a soft heart for one shot one kill type of warfare... Their's less friendly fire incedents, and certainly less civilian casualities...

As I am a gun nut, I loved the rifle look on the 19's gun pod. I was torn in this decision, the VF-11C had a slimmed down and sleeker gunpod, the VF-11B had a friggin bayonet, and the 19 had a rifle. If only there was a way to combine them into one weapon, slim and simple, rifle with a bayonet. OOh, I think I found a project. gotta say that what's in the pod has a lot to do with a favorite tho. I just wish kawamori-san had made the gun from the VF-11C a seven barrel, then I could imagine it being a GAU8A avenger... drools....

I'm going to have to go with the GPU-9 from the VF-0. It looks like a modern update of the GU-11, but also doesn't look too much like a rifle. As much as I love rifles, it feels more realistic and cool to me to have it look like a gunpod instead.

Despite my username, I've always been a YF-19 nut, and it's gunpod design remains my all time favorite. It's a departure from ll the barrel-shaped designs, and one of the few that can be reloaded on the field, enabling the pilot to procure additional ammo from a fallen comrade.

But going on pure aesthetics alone, the VF-0's gunpod comes in at a close second. It retains the classic design of the GU-11, but sports an updated look, never mind that it's supposed to be the predecessor of the VF-1.

Someone who wants to aim at two targets maybe?

I get where your coming from on that, but it's very hard for the human brain to handle that data load. Also, that's what missiles are for. But it would be cool to see max in a VF-22 doing the akimbo gunpod kick-a** thing...

I get where your coming from on that, but it's very hard for the human brain to handle that data load. Also, that's what missiles are for. But it would be cool to see max in a VF-22 doing the akimbo gunpod kick-a** thing...

Luckily the human brain dosnt have to process anything seeing as the pilots are all fictional characters in a sci fi cartoon show. This leaves all their resources free for looking cool while blowing stuff up and in that respect then two guns is much better.

Still if you wanted to have a more nerdy explanation then you could assume that the pilot can lock onto one target (with his retina tracking lock on system) which will then be automatically tracked by arm 1, leaving him free to track a second target with arm 2 without distraction. It would use far less brain power than tracking and destroying a volley of 25 incoming short range missiles, which most Macross pilots seem to be able to pull off without breaking a sweat.

BTW: The purpose of missiles is not to attack multiple targets, its to be a self propelled guided munition.

Edited by Nicaragua

Seeing as I'm a "19 nut" its my first choice.

Second the VF-11B (bayonnete pod).

Third the protect armor 11C (ma' deuce pod).

:lol:B))