Stripers + Guns + Mazinkaizer = WFT?

Twoducks

You know what? That fight choreography was awesome.

Okay, yeah... I'll admit that was awesome, even though I have no bloody clue what was going on...

I lol'd IRL when I noticed that the gunplay portion of the fight choreography starting at about 2:30 in is... move for move... copied from that weak Christian Bale movie Equilibrium... right down to the pose they do with the pistols before going on a shooting spree.

Okay, yeah... I'll admit that was awesome, even though I have no bloody clue what was going on...

I lol'd IRL when I noticed that the gunplay portion of the fight choreography starting at about 2:30 in is... move for move... copied from that weak Christian Bale movie Equilibrium... right down to the pose they do with the pistols before going on a shooting spree.

I loved that movie. :p

Is that the first Mecha Anime were the Hero Bot squashes some one like a bug?

It's the first time I've seen a hero mecha intentionally squash an enemy pilot like a bug... but there is one scene around the middle of Eureka Seven where Renton's Nirvash stomps on an enemy KLF repeatedly until he sees a broken and bloodied arm from the smushed pilot sticking out and starts puking.

I loved Equilibrium. Great movie IMO.

Ultraviolet, on the other hand, from the same director, I thought was pretty dire.

Graham

Wow, no Kabuto Koji, weird everyone has a robot bad end Getter style future, and dual piloted Mazinkaiser? Sure I'd buy it if licensed, but Koji never needed help damnit...well, not direclty in the same cockpit at least.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gj0M6aDcgo&feature=player_embedded

I think this preview is old but I got a kick out of watching how little it looks like a Mazinger tittle.

That was FRACKING AWESOME!!!!! :D

Some highlights:

* DUAL ROCKET PUNCH!!!!! :ph34r:

* I think this is the first Super Robot anime I've seen where the hero unit is used to step on some one as if he was nothing more than a bug. :ph34r:

* Like everybody else dual wielding of pistols reminded me of a scene from Equilibrium. :lol::p

Edited by grss1982

0:16, the girl in toga looks like she isn't wearing any pantsu. :ph34r:

This show's gonna be awesome! Its not your daddy's mazinkaiser.

You gotta love it-first they molest the mech, then they violate the scantily clad female pilot inside-ha ha...