Eureka Seven

Remko

Does anybody know where I can find good images of Mecha and Vehicles from Eureka Seven?

Ever since I found this image: Eureka Seven: Gound KLF's I've been fascinated with those designs, but can only find some weird (typical anime) images of brightly colored children piloting even weirder looking wake-boarding Mecha. I've found a few video's on Youtube, and it seems this is "one of those" Anime's/OVP's with very cute looking characters mixed with brutal violence and mecha.

If anybody here knows a good sourcefor images of the aircraft, and especially those ground tanks, that would be fantastic!! :) :)

I'd say MAHQ is a good place to start. Apart from that you could probably check danbooru and minitokyo, though about 70% of it will be covered with the type of images you don't want to see.

Was a Eureka Seven mechanical artbook released? Pretty sure i've heard of one.

& on the topic of Eureka Seven, if you're thirsty for more then i'd recommend you check out the manga adapted. Has a few major plot changes, which are seriously worth a read.

Edited by shiroth

Does anybody know where I can find good images of Mecha and Vehicles from Eureka Seven?

Ever since I found this image: Eureka Seven: Ground KLF's I've been fascinated with those designs, [...]

Unfortunately, no... the only website I'm aware of that makes even a token effort to cover the mecha of Psalm of Planets Eureka Seven is MAHQ, and their coverage of the series is spotty at best. The "Ground KLF" you've found isn't a design they have listed for the series, and I haven't been able to find any description matching the mecha you're inquiring about on the Japanese wiki. Admittedly, it's been a while since I last saw Eureka Seven (entirely intentional... I hated that show), but I don't recall seeing anything like that in the series proper. If it is actually a mecha from that series, it may only show up briefly... or it might belong to one of the Eureka Seven videogames that hasn't been covered by MAHQ yet.

On your behalf, I popped over to a few image boards and took a look through their Eureka Seven content in the hopes of finding both the original picture you're inquiring about and a name for the mecha. While I was unable to find a name to attach to that particular unit, I did find the original picture and a second image that I believe might be its robot alt-mode, or at least the alt-mode of one of its close relatives. I'm just guessing here, but it looks a little bit like an early version of the Mon-Soono series brightly colored wake-boarding KLF, which would fit... since that thing in the foreground of the robot mode image is the prototype version of the main character mecha "Nirvash typeZERO". The one in the background behind the robot-mode mecha in question looks to be the Terminus typeR909.

but can only find some weird (typical anime) images of brightly colored children piloting even weirder looking wake-boarding Mecha. I've found a few video's on Youtube, and it seems this is "one of those" Anime's/OVP's with very cute looking characters mixed with brutal violence and mecha.

Yeah... it's not much of a stretch to say that Psalm of Planets Eureka Seven draws rather heavily on Neon Genesis Evangelion for "inspiration". The three principal characters of the series (Renton, Eureka, and Anemone) are, to be honest, thinly camouflaged copies of Evangelion's leading trio (Shinji, Rei, and Asuka respectively), and based on my impressions of the series the story draws on a lot of the same sort of themes and plot devices too. About all that made it tolerable for me was that the leader of the renegade former soldier surfer group (Holland Novak) kicks the crap out of Renton for being a whiny, cowardly, self-righteous little snot on more than one occasion.

Unfortunately, no... the only website I'm aware of that makes even a token effort to cover the mecha of Psalm of Planets Eureka Seven is MAHQ, and their coverage of the series is spotty at best. The "Ground KLF" you've found isn't a design they have listed for the series, and I haven't been able to find any description matching the mecha you're inquiring about on the Japanese wiki. Admittedly, it's been a while since I last saw Eureka Seven (entirely intentional... I hated that show), but I don't recall seeing anything like that in the series proper. If it is actually a mecha from that series, it may only show up briefly... or it might belong to one of the Eureka Seven videogames that hasn't been covered by MAHQ yet.

On your behalf, I popped over to a few image boards and took a look through their Eureka Seven content in the hopes of finding both the original picture you're inquiring about and a name for the mecha. While I was unable to find a name to attach to that particular unit, I did find the original picture and a second image that I believe might be its robot alt-mode, or at least the alt-mode of one of its close relatives. I'm just guessing here, but it looks a little bit like an early version of the Mon-Soono series brightly colored wake-boarding KLF, which would fit... since that thing in the foreground of the robot mode image is the prototype version of the main character mecha "Nirvash typeZERO". The one in the background behind the robot-mode mecha in question looks to be the Terminus typeR909.

Yeah... it's not much of a stretch to say that Psalm of Planets Eureka Seven draws rather heavily on Neon Genesis Evangelion for "inspiration". The three principal characters of the series (Renton, Eureka, and Anemone) are, to be honest, thinly camouflaged copies of Evangelion's leading trio (Shinji, Rei, and Asuka respectively), and based on my impressions of the series the story draws on a lot of the same sort of themes and plot devices too. About all that made it tolerable for me was that the leader of the renegade former soldier surfer group (Holland Novak) kicks the crap out of Renton for being a whiny, cowardly, self-righteous little snot on more than one occasion.

I was going to suggest www.MAHQ.net.

I was going to suggest www.MAHQ.net.

Yeah... it's the logical suggestion for a question like that. The problem is that it only covers the most prominent flying KLFs in the series, the ones used by named (and plot armored) characters and United Federation's grunt mecha. The handful of other sources I was able to turn up on short notice either confined themselves to using text-only descriptions of the main mecha, or only covered the ones used by the Gekkostate rebel movement in excruciatingly brief detail.

Ever since I found this image: Eureka Seven: Gound KLF's I've been fascinated with those designs, but can only find some weird (typical anime) images of brightly colored children piloting even weirder looking wake-boarding Mecha.

I don't even remember that mecha from the series.

I've found a few video's on Youtube, and it seems this is "one of those" Anime's/OVP's with very cute looking characters mixed with brutal violence and mecha.

Partially right. Their Ãœber attack involves them holding hands and screaming at the top of their lungs.

• 1 year later...

Do we have a newer E7 thread? Can't remember, don't even care right now.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?10550-Eureka-Seven-AO-EngSub&p=91245&viewfull=1#post91245

What's that say?

That's right the new series has already been announced to have english subs for the bluray release. Not sure what this means for licensing, but at the very least the trend we're seeing with AGE & Yamato 2199 has continued into Eureka Seven's new series. Awesome.

Anyone else watched the first ep. from Eureka Seven AO? Very similar in animation, character designs and feel. The music did not impress me as much though. Granted, E7 had a wonderful OST with great tunes in various genres.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure

that close to the end of the first episode we get the first Eureka sighting and it does seem that she's the mother of the main character.

Edited by Marzan

Anyone else watched the first ep. from Eureka Seven AO? Very similar in animation, character designs and feel. The music did not impress me as much though. Granted, E7 had a wonderful OST with great tunes in various genres.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure

that close to the end of the first episode we get the first Eureka sighting and it does seem that she's the mother of the main character.

Is it streaming thorugh any site's?

Alright, just watched the first ep on low quality youtube stream. I'm not convinced that this is a sequal to the original series. While we didn't see much of the surface, it didn't seem to be at all inhabited when Renton & Eureka explored it, while this world seems to be progressing along a pretty contemporary (2025) calander. While there's mention of "foreigners," there doesn't seem to be any indication that those "foreigners" came from above the "scub" surface seen in the first series. The scub bursts's are a lot like the seven swelll effect, but now they pop out anti-spirals!

Right now I'm leaning towards this being an alternate universe story, prequel at best. Yeah Ao's mother appears to be "an" Eureka, but the Amita Drive-like bracelet she possessed (in the brief glimpse we get of her) fell into the hands of the Japanese government. This first episode has a lot of similar yet different aspects to the original series, just like the movie did. And since the movie tossed the whole bone in about being an alternate (yet somehow connected) universe with the first series (movie Renton saw TV Renton's message to TV Eureka burned into the moon) it's likely that this series will take a similar route...though we haven't gotten a great look at the moon.

While I could be wrong, the existence of Japan & China + that 2025 date lead me to believe otherwise.

Edited by Keith

Is it streaming thorugh any site's?

Watched it through some random site called Anilinks. Not top quality though.

I don't think it's a direct sequel either. I'm with you in that it might be more of an alternate universe affair, but Ao's mother as well as the whole being left behind by his parents is just a very big flag being put there by the production team.

We've been yapping about the sequel series and the related manga over here (at the tail end of the thread): http://www.macrosswo...ic=14632&st=560

Finally got a chance to watch the first ep. last night. The overall plot seems to be following the manga consistently, but there are some significant differences.

My first impressions of the anime (after being spoiled by the manga that's only three issues in)?:

• I definitely preferred the way they introduced Ao in manga: lying in the beach water completely at peace, having an internal monologue that provided us insight into his character. It just works so much better on so many levels, tying back to the series' surfer undertones and kinda tying back to Ao's overall loneliness.
  • I never imagined Ao's voice sounding that deep, but I'm cool with it.
  • I thought the kid's hair is supposed to green? Guess, some part of him has to resemble
    Renton.
  • Speaking of Renton, glad to see he's following in Adrock's absentee daddy example :rolleyes:
  • Also, even though the year is listed as 2025, that year could in actuality be 102025. Not sure how that would mesh with the years/dates shown in the original TV series. But it wouldn't surprise me if they are AFTER the events of the first TV series.

There's a couple of reliable sites I use to find the anime and the manga. Just shoot me a PM.

About the hair

Going by the next ep preview, Ao's hair is either only blue while piloting the Nirvash, or will turn blue perminently after piloting.

As for the year thing, that is a possibility, but then there's the existence of current countries to account for too.

All right then. Episode 2 was pretty fantastic in my opinion and we got another couple of hints that point to a direct sequel in my book

Ao's guardian identified the IFO as something that looks suspiciously like Nirvash, and then there was of course of the message when Ao stated piloting the thing, which specifically mentioned Eureka by name. Never mind the hair thing when piloting it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this leads.

Any sub sites? Anythign that looks to be lisenced is always tough to find. Still cant find an English sub for Saint Seiya Omega

Just PM me, Scream.

Thanks for the update, Marzan. Didn't realize the eps get released later in the week.

Not too shabby of an ep. . . Though, I'm waiting for someone to point out that the power of screaming defeats an enemy! :p

I know it's early, but I'm hoping we get some sort of extended flashback that starts tying the two series together (other than the brief flashbacks we get of Eureka).

Is it too much that I'm hoping to find out what happened to the rest of the original series' characters? I mean one of the "new looking" characters has to be someone from the original series, right? :unsure:

English subs for episode 3 are out.

Glad to see that this series is continuing with the original's beautiful use of orchestral background music.

I especially liked the strings playing in the background during the photograph/flashback scene.

Unfortunately youtube has been watchdogging episode posting again, so I haven't been able to see past episode one. Hopefully someone will license & or stream the series officially before I can afford the import BD's.

Problem:

Unfortunately youtube has been watchdogging episode posting again, so I haven't been able to see past episode one. Hopefully someone will license & or stream the series officially before I can afford the import BD's.

Solution:http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?11040-FUNimation-licenses-Eureka-Seven-AO

OH-HELL-YEAH!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, episodes 3 & 4 are up today. Wasn't sure for the first two episodes, but I'm pretty comfortable it'll be a good show from this point. I'd still like to know why they're fighting Anti-Spirals though...

It should also be pretty clear to anyone following that this definately is "not" a sequel to the original, at best it's a prequel (since we never found out how LFO's were burried in the scub coral in the first place). Major clue, and this isn't a spoiler. A character makes a direct reference to Evangelion by quoting it from it as a quote from an anime series.

^^Actually, raws for Ep. 5 are out now. ;)

I thought the quotes you mentioned above were more a wink-and-a-nod about all the typical cliches we see in these type of anime shows.

I'm still thinking it's a sequel, but I've got to re-watch the E7:AO prequel and a few eps from the last series to confirm a few things.

It's a specific nod to Evangelion when Rei says she's "replaceable." I'm watching through Funimations stream, so they should be back up to speed next week.

Edited by Keith

I'm not sure bout the prequel thing. Alternate Universe, loop hole or the like seems more likely at this point to me. The Eva reference can be there merely for kicks.

In any case I'm very excited with how the series has developed and looking forward to the rest. Anyone know if it'll be a one season (25,26 eps) show?

Mog's crazy-ass theories, after re-watching Episode 47 of the original series:

I'm guessing that everything in E7:Ao is happening within the Scub Coral dimension/plane of existence. Perhaps, these are the humans that didn't want to coexist within the Scub's hive mind/consciousness (where Renton's sister and Dad are at).

Maybe this is the part of the Scub that is "asleep"? :unsure:

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into everything. :wacko:

Definitely some insidious and/or uneasy undercurrents going on in Episode 5.

I know one of 'em landed on her boobs earlier, but Becca's near gun-pull on the Okinawa boys seems to be a bit of an overreaction. :ph34r:

Definitely some insidious and/or uneasy undercurrents going on in Episode 5.

I know one of 'em landed on her boobs earlier, but Becca's near gun-pull on the Okinawa boys seems to be a bit of an overreaction. :ph34r:

It's bound to get dark at some point don't you think.

There is bound to be something less than savory in Generation Blue's operation and the way they use the scub coral.