Eureka Seven

Remko

I finally got around to watching episode 22, and seriously,I don't know why I keep letting myself get trolled by this series. The ear thing was just as hilarious and lackluster as advertised. The explanation about "Truth" makes absolute sense, and is so convenient that it's not even funny. At this point, I don't doubt that they'll wrap up all their mysterious in surprisingly lackluster ways. I just doubt things will satisfyingly tie in with the original.

So much wasted time and potential....can't wait to see the last two eps... ::sigh::

My feelings exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Now....that was a disappointing ending. Until i read there's going to be 2 more special episodes.....but that won't save this series either IMHO.

And i actually like the ears explanation. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it seems no one has been talking about the day the final episodes of Eureca seven AO will be aired yet.

Will be aired from 3:41 am tomorrow (JST) in Tokyo.

About 13 hours after.

Edited by antibiotictab

Totally forgot to be honest. Any word on the Funi stream?

I have no idea about Funimation thing. I live in Tokyo, the anime programs are broadcast on TV.

It was early in the morning. I will watch it later.

Just watched those final episodes back to back and I have to say that I really don't know what to say. At this point all that I can think of is that the director of Eureka Seven

clearly worked on Rahxephon too because the endings are really, really similar. In Rahxephon,

Ayato Kamina re-tunes the world by fusing with the Rahxephon in such a way that the splitting of dimensions never happened and Tokyo Jupiter never existed.

In Eureka Seven AO, just substitute Rahxephon for Quartz Gun and Ao achieved a similar result. He sends his parents back to their timeline and returns to his current Earth were no one would know him. While it wasn't a bad solution for the ending, I just feel that almost the entire rest of the cast got no ending at all (Truth being one of the few exceptions), since it all focused on Ao, Eureka and Renton.

Did they even watch the original series? :::sigh:::

A lot of the people who worked on AO also worked on the original series so chances are they did. But I think Dai Sato who did the series composition for E7 and wrote the script for 12 episodes of it wasn't involved. And I think it shows.

Yep, I called it:

the Limit of Questions issue came into play.

Also, was it just me, or was there a massive disconnect between Episode 22 and 23?

Naru appears to be flying alongside Ao in Episode 22, and then come Episode 23, Ao acts all surprised that Naru is suddenly on the battlefield. :huh:

Team Harlequin shows up in Episode 22 siding with Ao and crew, and then come Episode 23, Ao looks surprised that Team Harlequin is backing 'em up.

W.T.F?!

Wow, with the way this series ended, they really managed to sh*t on all the characters from their own series and shat royally on a few of the characters from the original series:

* So essentially, there's a big reset button that destroys all the character development for all the characters in the Ao world.

* No resolution of the storyline between Gazelle and Rebeka.

* No reveal of how Fleur and Christopher Blanc were altered by the new timeline.

* No explanation of what happened to Elena under the new timeline.

* Other than not being infected by the Scub, we know nothing else about what happened with Ms. Five-Head Naru.

* Renton goes from being a reluctant fighter to a guy with a "kill 'em all" attitude. Granted he's shown in the past a willingness to do whatever it takes to protect Eureka, but Renton's actions here really don't jive with how the character acted in the original series.

* Thanks for not revealing what happened to Ao's sister, Gramps! Was there any reason (other than the writers wanted wait until the series' end for the big reveal) for him to not reveal the story earlier, like when Ao first mentioned it oh so many episodes ago?

* And way to marginalize Maurice, Maeter, and Linck! Not one damn token reference to them at all? It's not like they were patiently waiting for their parents to return the last time we saw them or that the original series showed them to be an integral part of Eureka and Renton's budding family.
<_<

So disappointed with how this series eventually panned out.

So much wasted potential.

Yep, I called it:

the Limit of Questions issue came into play.

Also, was it just me, or was there a massive disconnect between Episode 22 and 23?

Naru appears to be flying alongside Ao in Episode 22, and then come Episode 23, Ao acts all surprised that Naru is suddenly on the battlefield. :huh:

Team Harlequin shows up in Episode 22 siding with Ao and crew, and then come Episode 23, Ao looks surprised that Team Harlequin is backing 'em up.

W.T.F?!

Wow, with the way this series ended, they really managed to sh*t on all the characters from their own series and shat royally on a few of the characters from the original series:

* So essentially, there's a big reset button that destroys all the character development for all the characters in the Ao world.

* No resolution of the storyline between Gazelle and Rebeka.

* No reveal of how Fleur and Christopher Blanc were altered by the new timeline.

* No explanation of what happened to Elena under the new timeline.

* Other than not being infected by the Scub, we know nothing else about what happened with Ms. Five-Head Naru.

* Renton goes from being a reluctant fighter to a guy with a "kill 'em all" attitude. Granted he's shown in the past a willingness to do whatever it takes to protect Eureka, but Renton's actions here really don't jive with how the character acted in the original series.

* Thanks for not revealing what happened to Ao's sister, Gramps! Was there any reason (other than the writers wanted wait until the series' end for the big reveal) for him to not reveal the story earlier, like when Ao first mentioned it oh so many episodes ago?

* And way to marginalize Maurice, Maeter, and Linck! Not one damn token reference to them at all? It's not like they were patiently waiting for their parents to return the last time we saw them or that the original series showed them to be an integral part of Eureka and Renton's budding family.
<_<

So disappointed with how this series eventually panned out.

So much wasted potential.

You nailed it in your analysis. It's like they didn't care about the characters at all.

• 4 years later...

So, Eureka 7 is having a reboot of sorts with a prequel film and 2 films that are are a retelling of the original tv series.

The good news is thad Dai Sato is back on board for this one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-17/eureka-seven-gets-film-trilogy-set-a-decade-earlier-with-new-hardfloor-song/.113546

Hopefully, that prequel focuses on Holland, Charles, Ray, and the rest of the SOF prior to Eureka's massive turning point (discovering the three kids in that "pile").

It'd be interesting to see their lives prior to Gekkostate's formation.

36 minutes ago, Mog said:

Hopefully, that prequel focuses on Holland, Charles, Ray, and the rest of the SOF prior to Eureka's massive turning point (discovering the three kids in that "pile").

It'd be interesting to see their lives prior to Gekkostate's formation.

I think the first film is going to focus on the first Summer of Love. Renton's dad as an MC is a distinct possibility.

• 4 years later...