captain america Posted October 21, 2011 Author Share Posted October 21, 2011 Captain's log, stardate: October 21st, 2011. Lunch time. Well here we go: updates for the nose section are finally done, save for a few little details here and there. Some re-tooling is centred around the cockpit, which has had some parts re-worked and details added, especially in the aft ejection seat area. The most significant update however, is the canopy frame: originally, I was just going to provide some resin hoops to put into the vac-formed shell and that would suffice. But then I had an idea: what if I were to produce a full resin frame and then modellers could just cut out the transparency and mate these to the frame for a more realistic look? It was a bit of a long, delicate PITA to get things going, but in the end I'm glad that I did, as I think it really adds to the look of the kit. The boarding ladder has also been tweaked somewhat and gives a sturdier look. Lastly, the big hurdle was the markings: the original vector file was lost 2 computers ago, so all I had to work with was a small jpeg file… Not an ideal situation. Nonetheless, with a few measurements, I was able to rebuild the whole thing, one marking at a time. I also took the opportunity to update some of the fonts; I figured they'd have access to snazzier printing technology in the 2080s, surpassing the need for crude stencils! A side-by side comparison of the markings is provided for your viewing pleasure. I was able to cram a few extra goodies that weren't in the original. That just about covers it for this update; I will begin principal photography for the destructions next week, and moulding begins immediately after that. Keep your fingers crossed folks, we're in the home stretch! http://imageshack.us/g/692/15374283.jpg/ Uploaded with ImageShack.us Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.