It Lives...

captain america

So i got the Capt's OK to share this here since it's really an "add on" that is intended for this 1/32nd scale beast only. I am calling this 1/32nd but in reality it's a bit larger, like so much of this stuff I felt as though these were depicted larger in the show than the "official" stats indicate. I watched a few key sequences along with some of the art (like the invasion art from ep 1 fighting the tanks) and felt that this is within the margin of error, coming in slightly taller than 1/2 the size of a soldier mode beast. I know that will not gel with everyone but i always feel that the enemy stuff needs to be intimidating, and adding a little size helps with that.

I got inspired to rush this thru ahead of a couple of other things, 1 reason is in anticipation of the last installment and the fact that last week was a steambath here weather wise, tried casting, no good, tried painting, no good, so tried my luck at some scratchbuilding. Still have a few odds and ends to take care of but really this is almost ready for molds, i want at least 3 for myself and may offer up a few if you guys who have the Capts beast and may want one.

I am can tell you that this is stylized quite a bit, ref on this is hard to come by, at least consistent ref. Also it's a mash up of a few of my favorite views, little from column a, little from b. I've been thru 3 versions of how the body transitions into the eye at the front and i am still not sure if i am sold on it, may still mod that a bit. I have 2 options for the eye, one as just the ball and the other with a smaller ball and the shroud around the eye, the close up of the eye and the way it appears on the wide view tend to look quite different. Shoulder cannon is almost done but not in pic.

thanks

mike

001-10.jpg

003-13.jpg

005-6.jpg

008-6.jpg

Thanks guys, even at my estimated 1/32 its much smaller than most stuff i do so cost will not be much, as usual with this stuff i want a few for myself and like to share with you guys if possible.

Since posting the pics I've really noticed a few things that i want to change, one of the advantages of posting pics is taking it 2d seems to help me resolve some of the final shapes.

I've been trimming the chin down, it's a bit too long, I am also making it a bit more shallow. I also had an Ah Ha moment looking at the eye, I was going for the round "eyeball" and not paying attention to the fact that the inner eye is a ball but the outer shell is much more like an elongated circle, all being fixed.

Since there is not much in true ortho views on this it is one that you kind of need to just dig in and get scupting, working it out as you go.

thanks

mike

The sounds of the cost - "Will not be much" sure has me ready to sign up for 2!

This line up does show the trooper considerably smaller than the Legioss. But will it look right with Cap's (hopefully) upcoming 1/32 GOSU?

CAP - any hint as to what might be next? Or where the Gosu ranks in your interest?

post-8486-0-91539700-1344974054_thumb.jpg

I'm taking an indefinite leave from model-building in other to concentrate on other projects for the forseeable future. Will probably be unloading most of my master-patterns as well.

Thank you for all of the kits which we would otherwise never have seen. Your kits are my prized possesions. I treat them with kid gloves every time I move.

Alas, who will master a perfect 1/72 scale TV version Q-Rau??? or N-Ger??? They'll never be able to fill the Cap's shoes...

I'm taking an indefinite leave from model-building in other to concentrate on other projects for the forseeable future. Will probably be unloading most of my master-patterns as well.

Oh no - say it ain't so! Maybe if we all start chanting Cap will do one last kit as his swan song.

While mMy wallet is somewhat relieved by this news, but the rest of me is quite saddened . . .

Sad to hear this John, we're fortunate to have been able to buy your masterpieces, been spoiled really, thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Have you begun shipping the last kit segment yet?

(****@total.net bounced as undeliverable, pm your new email)

Edited by Viceland

I never bought any of your stuff, but I always enjoyed watching your builds, as well as your kits being built by members here. Sad to hear, hope you'll be back to it someday.

Hi Guys.

I'm not leaving, I'm still planning to hang around. I still love Macross, Mospeada and I think of this forum as a kind of second home. Just think of me as being "on vacation" as I devote my time to different projects.

Sometimes the speed of the postal service is utterly shocking! I shipped Neptunesurvey's kits on Tuesday :o

John, you are the best and most valuable modeler in all the Macross History!! So I hope that your Macross "vacations" don't last forever... we'll here waiting the day when you wake up and decide to make a 1/72 Q-Rau and a N-Ger TV version!! Our collections will be not complete without these kits! :(

Hi Capt,

We are sure going to miss all your great kits for now. Hope all goes well in your new projects and thank you again for providing these great kits. Also thank you for giving me the Go on the option parts and parts that will make the Beast transform without unscrewing the kit. Will keep you posted on these things and more but for now keep safe and keep visiting us here in MW.

SD

All I can say is well done John. The last decade has been the halcyon years for macross kits - thankyou for your efforts to date and for seeing fit to allow others to purchase masters and continue production.

Regards,

Brett T

Received the last installment!!! (was a fast shipping to South America ;) ).

As soon as I finish the 1/60 HDP Regult I'll prep the parts and start building this true Masterpiece!!!!

Post pics of both. We've hardly seen ANY of those Regult kits either.

• 1 month later...