VF-0S United States Marines

SEABEE5150

I saw it and thought the same thing, but left it alone knowing David was the right person to have the first word. I think one of the reasons is that probably SEABEE5150 was influenced by the German or French (?) use of "Marine" (related to the Sea, as in "maritime")to mean Naval Force (Navy)

I saw it and thought the same thing, but left it alone knowing David was the right person to have the first word. I think one of the reasons is that probably SEABEE5150 was influenced by the German or French (?) use of "Marine" (related to the Sea, as in "maritime")to mean Naval Force (Navy)

But his avatar is that of the Navy squadron he did. I hope to do one in VF-103 too but will prefer to go for the low vis scheme.

Thanks for this input! I'm actually a 17 year Navy Seabee Veteran which is the Engineering Battalion of the Navy and Marine Corps. My thought on this project was to create a transition from the Navy's VF-103 into the Marine Corps. My change is either to change it to Navy or change VF-103 to VMFA-103. What are your thoughts?

My next kit will be the low paint scheme production variant of the VF-0S. I'm going to eventually display both on a carrier deck diorama with the VF-103 Final Cruise F-14 Tomcat.

Thanks again for the input my friends!

I know the VF-0 is a carrier based bird and all, but I'd love to see an air force version of it, maybe in the colors of the 94th Fighter squadron. Done in the USAF Low vis scheme. I'd do it, but models don't move to well, and, I don't have much space to build models.

*smiggle* I wonder if this Seabee has a EAWS pin? If ever the bones goes green, you could have at least put em on the correct carrier & airwing [AG/CVW-7]

wow. i actually thought of my boat in complimentary terms. Clearly retirement has effected my judgement ;)

still seabee5051, it looks gorgious as a model, regardless of the decals... lol 'Get er done'