Hasegawa 1/72 Vf-1J Super battroid MAX TV custom

joscasle

Hi!

A few weeks ago I started these Hasegawa 1/72 Super Battroid for the Fine Scale Macross Build Group.

Here is some pictures of the progress, I told you, it is hard to paint, lots of masking and mask the little circles is complicated. Just for the record, I painted the hole kit white first with Mr. Base White 1000, the blue color is a combination of Cobalt Blue and Agresor Blue (60/40).

I will show pictures from the start and from today. Thank for looking and feel free to do any suggestion.

Edited by joscasle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice. I just started a Super Battroid myself. I love the Hasegawa Batts, still the best mecha kits ever made. I had been working on some other stuff but there was a model-building event at Anime Boston and I thought it'd be fun to work on a VF-1 Battroid again so I brought that and started working on it - and then didn't want to stop. :) It's kind of a problem since I'm working on things for the Otakon model contest, I can't really just work on "whatever" and still get done the things I want to get done... But sometimes you just gotta build what you want to build, I guess.

Right now I'm obsessing over the hip joints. The original Battroid hips were kind of fragile, of course, (a nice mechanism otherwise, though - I may try them again in a future build) and all the exposed gaps for the polycaps weren't pretty... And then the Super Batt included a simplified, more rugged hip mechanism but it looks kind of ugly, too (largely because they had to fit the new hip joints to the old upper legs) - so I'm working on a new hip joint similar in operation to the Super Batt hips but based on parts from the original Battroid hips - just replacing the polycaps, filling in the gaps and bulking the thing up.

Thanks to both, I need to update a little these topic, jeje, its almost finish right now, just need a flat clear cote and its ready.

Hope to post some pictures these weekend.

I just started a a new Valk, but these time in fighter mode, it the Miria Custom, I want to have both side to side, one in Battroid mode and the other one in fighter mode. I have a few problems with references, there is not much love for Max and Miria in their TV valks. looking at the anime Miria's fast pack are red and grey, diferent from Max fighter blue and and darker blue for the missile launchers.

Tetsujin please post some pictures of your Batt.

Edited by joscasle

• 2 weeks later...