Covet thy neighbors... stuff

ultimateone

We all have one. The one thing you cherish most, the one thing you would grab on the way to wake your significant other if the house was on fire.

So let's see it, your most prized anime/sci-fi/nerdy hobby possession.

Here's mine:

1/4 scale Sideshow Collectibles Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper.

post-10398-128737228642_thumb.jpg

man that is incredible. I got a PS3? Is that cool?

It's as cool as you think it is. That's the point, your most prized possession. Of course, you taking a pic of said PS3 with your hot bikini clad girl makes it infinitely cooler, btw.

/PS3 over 360 everyday of the week.

We all have one. The one thing you cherish most, the one thing you would grab on the way to wake your significant other if the house was on fire.

So let's see it, your most prized anime/sci-fi/nerdy hobby possession.

Here's mine:

1/4 scale Sideshow Collectibles Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper.

post-10398-128737228642_thumb.jpg

damn, that's cool.

geez, most everything i have is important to me,

so i guess i'd have to ask the nearest Zentran

to pull my room away from the burning house.

seriously though, i'd say it would likely be these;

ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

damn, that's cool.

geez, most everything i have is important to me,

so i guess i'd have to ask the nearest Zentran

to pull my room away from the burning house.

seriously though, i'd say it would likely be these;

[

I've admitted before that I'm not fully versed on all of Macross, so I'll ask. Who's the chick and what is the significance of that particular figure?

That is so tacti-cool. The zombies won't stand a chance! :p

Oh yeah she's cool! I put about 300 rounds of ammo through her the last time I went to the range, which was not too long ago. Time to make another trip.

@Snail00: Go ahead and report me! I have the paperwork saying I can own it! :)

If I had to choose just one, it's my Yamato 1/60 YF-19. I should take some new pics, though, as I now have the Fold Booster and FAST Pack.

(Quote-protected to prevent Snail00 from cluttering this thread any further, and because Wanzerfan is still a dumbass.)

Edited by areaseven

uh... You just had to post this tonight. My favorite thing is my Lotus, and now that I have said it... I am selling it.

I know, horrible. I am moving from SF to Chicago, and its just not a Chicago car. The business is booming, and I am needed so I gotta go. Plan on trading in the Lotus for some SUV for the time being... In a few years a, Lamborghini Gallardo. Its AWD and heavy enough to handle the Chicago winters.

Post pics some day---I'd love to see a Lambo crusted in salt. It's a weird fantasy I've had for years--own a Lambo, get it covered in bugs and dust from a road trip, then drive it to a Wal-Mart and take pics of it next to some rusty old pickup. (because I swear if I ever owned one, I would drive it as often as possible, and everywhere---as opposed to the people who own one, drive it 400 miles a year, and have it spend more time getting detailed than actually out on the road)

uh... You just had to post this tonight. My favorite thing is my Lotus, and now that I have said it... I am selling it.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I know, horrible. I am moving from SF to Chicago, and its just not a Chicago car. The business is booming, and I am needed so I gotta go. Plan on trading in the Lotus for some SUV for the time being... In a few years a, Lamborghini Gallardo. Its AWD and heavy enough to handle the Chicago winters.

Still, it would be a shame to let go of the Elise. What SUV do you plan to get?

Post pics some day---I'd love to see a Lambo crusted in salt. It's a weird fantasy I've had for years--own a Lambo, get it covered in bugs and dust from a road trip, then drive it to a Wal-Mart and take pics of it next to some rusty old pickup. (because I swear if I ever owned one, I would drive it as often as possible, and everywhere---as opposed to the people who own one, drive it 400 miles a year, and have it spend more time getting detailed than actually out on the road)

You will get those pictures... I had a philosophy before owning a Lotus: There is no point in owning a car you can't drive every day.

I will follow the same line of logic with the Lambo, keep in mind this is all assuming things go great with my company.

Lambo unlike Ferrari has the benefit of being owned by a company that shares parts... Its really not that expensive to maintain. My current dealership is a Lambo-Lotus dealer. I have been paying attention to the services they have. Not that different than most other high end cars.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Still, it would be a shame to let go of the Elise. What SUV do you plan to get?

Eh, there is no point in getting some fancy SUV. I pay extra for performance, but not luxury or status. When it comes to SUVs... Toyota 4 runners are great, Chevy Tahoes, whatever. Any car other than a sports car, to me, is like a dishwasher. I say to myself: "does it wash dishes?" "Yes, sweet".... "Will it get me places with 4wD?" "Yes, sweet"

I suppose if I decide to stay in Chicago for a while and I really don't like the idea of having a low to the ground car, I may change my mind, but as of now, I plan on just focusing on work so I can pay for that Lambo... We gotta sell a LOT of medical devices before I can order one.

I've admitted before that I'm not fully versed on all of Macross, so I'll ask. Who's the chick and what is the significance of that particular figure?

-FROM WIKIPEDIA-

Shaorin (守護月天 小璘, Shugogetten Shaorin?)

A moon spirit who wears traditional styled costumes, she has little understanding of the human world after spending a few thousand years in the confines of the shitenrin. Throughout the anime her purpose is to protect Tasuke and she does so by summoning different assistants called Hoshigami (星神, literally "star gods") through the ring. She initially causes trouble for Tasuke by destroying harmless household objects in her efforts to protect him. She is banned from going to the school after destroying some of it. Because of this, Shaorin sends Rishuu to protect Tasuke at school. In the manga her misguided efforts to protect him the first day cause Tasuke to order her to go away, saying that he can protect himself. A bit later she apologizes and asks his permission to protect him from loneliness. On that basis the manga continues. She develops feelings for Tasuke and gets jealous when Kaori shows up in anime episode 12 and in the last 2 episodes, she finally realizes what she feels for Tasuke. In the manga, as a spirit, she profoundly does not understand these feelings. Her guardian, the hoshigami Nankyuko-Jusei, counsels her that these are feelings that she should not learn. He means that it will make eternity harder for her when she must part from Tasuke. Her given name might be Shao, with "-rin" being an affectionate suffix. Vol 5 of the manga shows that people casually familiar with her think that she's an ordinary person and her family name (last name) is "Shugogetten".

(for more info, follow the link in my Sig...)

Toy-wise, I would say my SOC Gunbuster. In a few months it's gonna be the 1/3000 scale SDF-1. :)

My most prized book is the Macross Gold Book.

Cool. I have both of those, too! In fact, my Maross Gold Book is also my prized possesion, escpecially since I have it autographed by Kawamori, Mikimoto, and Mari Iijima!

As much as love the Gunbuster toy, my prized toy is actually the SOC Black Salena from Nadesico: the prince of darkness.

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "Let's go quote Noriko Takaya's gun picture all over this thread", since that's what everyone is doing instead of the original purpose of the thread. :ph34r:

LOL! Sorry, but he asked which item I would save first if the house was burning down. This is definitely it with all the money I put into building her. :p

OK, breaking my own rule of "one".

My favorite book?

This one, a novella by Alastair Reynolds

post-10398-128762980117_thumb.jpg

In spirit of the soon to be gone Lotus, what I gave up to buy the Speeder bike:

post-10398-128763001971_thumb.jpg

And finally, the coolest tattooed Chihuahua you'll ever see, my boy Parker

post-10398-128763020149_thumb.jpg

/What, some one posted a zombie killer, I can't post my dog?

//Don't go all PETA on me, the Vet Tech who did his "snip snip" also did tattoo's, so we got this done while he was knocked out.

And finally, the coolest tattooed Chihuahua you'll ever see, my boy Parker

post-10398-128763020149_thumb.jpg

PETA nothing. This picture just makes me realize that the time machine I am building must be used for something other than personal wealth and power. I need to go back in time and catch you whenever you were dropped as a child.

I'd paint that thing in Draconis Combine colors and stick the House Kurita logo on it.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm sure it's unbelievably stupid.

Edited by anime52k8

PETA nothing. This picture just makes me realize that the time machine I am building must be used for something other than personal wealth and power. I need to go back in time and catch you whenever you were dropped as a child.

Sigh, Here you go.

Or here's a site explaining:

Reasons to tattoo a pet.

The wife is a vet tech, has been for over a decade, and consistently hears stories about animals recovered by tattoos. Like this one:

Dog saved by tattoo

All my dogs and cats have a tattoo and are chipped. Just in case.

Now, let's see some more cool stuff!

Edited by ultimateone