Powered Weapons Set for DX Tornado Pack

Graham

Just picked up the "Powered Weapons Set" last night for the Bandai DX 1/60 VF-25 Tornado / Armored.

This set includes the Space Parts for the Tornado pack and Reaction Missiles and mounts for the Armored Pack.

Bought it in Ins-Point shopping centre for HK$350. Ins-Point was the only place that I found selling it and I searched all the usual suspects.

A few quick pics attached.

Graham

post-11-128719500468_thumb.jpg

post-11-128719501594_thumb.jpg

post-11-12871950315_thumb.jpg

post-11-128719510419_thumb.jpg

post-11-128719532374_thumb.jpg

post-11-128719534687_thumb.jpg

Just to clarify, the set contains the following parts:-

• 2 x ventral large missile pods, with opening hatches for Tornado Pack.
  • 4 x snap-on fuel tanks(?), which fit on the front of the Tornado's wing-tip engine pods.
  • 4 x reaction missiles.
  • 2 x double reaction missile mounts for the Armoured Pack.
  • 2 x single reaction missile mount for Tornado pack (can only be fitted if the big ventral missile pods are not installed).

Pics attached.

Graham

post-11-128719694233_thumb.jpg

post-11-128719695412_thumb.jpg

Graham,

not planning to attach the reactive missiles to Armored Ozma? :D

Yes, I am, but I'm still psyching myself up to transform my Armored Ozma from Battroid to Fighter mode. That's always a traumatic and highly challenging experience. Last time, I tried, I nearly threw the damn thing against the wall in frustratution, due to all the armored parts that kept on popping off during transformation!

Does not enjoy the "it's all right as long as you don't touch it" toy experience".

Graham

Sexy! I would love to own that set.

Does not enjoy the "it's all right as long as you don't touch it" toy experience".

Graham

Agreed. I recently got the VF-27 and while it is just awesome, i have to handle it so carefully because I'm paranoid I'm going to chip the paint or snap off one of the pointed fins. (speaking of which, that toy is pointy as all heck! I must have stabbed myself a dozen different times trying to transform it). I have a VF-25G on the way, and I'm afraid the armored parts may be too annoying to deal with.

Sexy! I would love to own that set.

Agreed. I recently got the VF-27 and while it is just awesome, i have to handle it so carefully because I'm paranoid I'm going to chip the paint or snap off one of the pointed fins. (speaking of which, that toy is pointy as all heck! I must have stabbed myself a dozen different times trying to transform it). I have a VF-25G on the way, and I'm afraid the armored parts may be too annoying to deal with.

he's not talking about how pointy the 25 is he's talking about how the 25 wasn't designed with armor in mind so that once armor is attached the whole thing becomes a fiddly mess where a stiff breeze or a stern look is likely to make parts fall off or just break a key joint.

he's not talking about how pointy the 25 is he's talking about how the 25 wasn't designed with armor in mind so that once armor is attached the whole thing becomes a fiddly mess where a stiff breeze or a stern look is likely to make parts fall off or just break a key joint.

Oops, I guess I should have clarified, my comments about the VF-27 was more to do with his comment speaking out against the idea that a toy is okay so long as you don't touch it. I was just trying to relate with a similar example but I guess I messed it up, haha.

Thanks about the fiddly mess part. That's a downer for sure.

Yes, I am, but I'm still psyching myself up to transform my Armored Ozma from Battroid to Fighter mode. That's always a traumatic and highly challenging experience. Last time, I tried, I nearly threw the damn thing against the wall in frustratution, due to all the armored parts that kept on popping off during transformation!

Graham

i know what u mean! That's the same problem that preventing me from picking up the Armored Alto to pose with VF-27 *sigh*

That's just too bad. Cause it looks awesome with those Tornado packs!

That's just too bad. Cause it looks awesome with those Tornado packs!

If you read my post carefully, you'll note I was talking about how difficult the Armored pack is to transform, not the Tornado pack.

The VF-25 with Tornado pack is easy to fit and transform and locks together well. The only area of difficulty with the Tornado pack is getting the arm packs on in fighter mode, but I usually just leave them off anyway.

Graham

I did do a review of the VF-25 Tornado release on anymoon.com but it's lumped into my VF-25 mega review. I also have the extra parts but I haven't taken them out of the box to start reviewing them yet. I have so many new toys I need to get through right now and work is very busy. I should have my Konig DX/Robot Spirits review up tonight and then hopefully I can take some more toys out of there boxes and start working on some more reviews.

Yeah. It's a sweet looking set. But from what I gather, the entire Macross Frontier 1:60 Bandai line (except the VF-27) are not toys at all. Just display pieces.

Not that I play with my toys...but I do handle them. A lot. Transform them, re arrange them. It's hard for me to justify that kind of money on a "display piece."

I really hope BanDai re-designs the 25 to be more in line with their 27's. Cause the 25 is a great Valk. And the Tornado parts really make it that more kick @$$.

Yes.

But to us Canadians, its expensive. 130-150 shipped. Ouch!

DAMN! I just bought the Double Nuts, the YF-19 Fold Booster and some Maxpedition Gear so I am tapped for a while............ $130-150 is still too much though.

• 2 weeks later...