• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I just found his channel recently, definitely interesting Tomcat tales/info.

Seeing as I'm currently working on an F-14A Tomcat model (Top Gun), some really interesting and useful info! I just subscribed to that channel; thanks!

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

Ummmm... does that mean will never see the movie or was Cruise smart enough to leave a spare in a secure vault? 

12 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Good to know. Not sure why it crossed my mind he had one of the masters. 

Because the way the Daily Mail wrote the article makes it sound like something important was lost instead of one of many prerelease copies.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Because the way the Daily Mail wrote the article makes it sound like something important was lost instead of one of many prerelease copies.

Typical, I use Adblocker Plus so I couldn't read the whole article. 

I was just checking online and it looks like Top Gun 2 is delayed until May 2022. 

• 6 months later...
49 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

They really should have released the movie a year ago as I've already lost interest mainly because of the BS with Hollywood and China poisoning everything these days. I'll watch it on streaming but doubt I'll pay to see it in the theater. 

Same here

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

They really should have released the movie a year ago as I've already lost interest mainly because of the BS with Hollywood and China poisoning everything these days. I'll watch it on streaming but doubt I'll pay to see it in the theater. 

hehe....Top gun was made for IMAX and theater speakers! 😅

I cant wait!!

On 3/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, TangledThorns said:

HELLLL NO!!! I'm goin to the BIGGEST LOUDEST theater I can find for this one! Hope it doesn't suck! 

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

HELLLL NO!!! I'm goin to the BIGGEST LOUDEST theater I can find for this one! Hope it doesn't suck! 

OOOOH YEAH!! THATS WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT!

The only way it would suck is if there werent enough flight scenes!!🤪 

Dont really care abt the backstories (which seems to be a re-hash of the original scene by scene!!):aggressive:

hmm feel like somehow bringing/renting a flight helmet into the cinema and putting it on during the flight scenes...

apologies to the fella sitting behind. 😅

3 hours ago, Thom said:

😅 No, I know that! It's just that it is so staged, that his hand is covering the socket, which is hanging in air without touching anything!

I just tried to be humorous...:unknw:

For what it's worth I knew what you were driving at. Looks like a terrible photoshop of Tom Cruise overlayed onto the one of the P-51 Mustang.

2 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

For what it's worth I knew what you were driving at. Looks like a terrible photoshop of Tom Cruise overlayed onto the one of the P-51 Mustang.

I don't think it's photoshopped, at least.

Cruise does have his own P-51, and AFAIK, it is the one he flies in the movie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw a top gun trailer before the dr strange movie started and it seemed to not be like any of the other trailers shown before.

There were much more aerial combat scenes between tom and the squad, with the push-ups as punishment. It was awesome with the wingman trying to tag tom whilst dogfighting with the other f-18!

i dont know if that was an exclusive trailer...i cant seem to find it anywhere!