1/48 VF-1J Max

MR_Hyde

Question-

Any issues with this Valk? I have no idea what release it is. My Stealth Type is pretty close to perfect and I'm wondering if those improvements were also made to this Valk. I'd like to grab him at that price, maybe even Miria as well, as I have neither. Most of my Valks are 1/60 scale. Matter of fact, the Stealth Type is the only 1/48 I have. I just wasn't sure of their durability. Speaking of which, how are the 1/48's holding up?

Thanks everyone.

Question-

Any issues with this Valk? I have no idea what release it is. My Stealth Type is pretty close to perfect and I'm wondering if those improvements were also made to this Valk. I'd like to grab him at that price, maybe even Miria as well, as I have neither. Most of my Valks are 1/60 scale. Matter of fact, the Stealth Type is the only 1/48 I have. I just wasn't sure of their durability. Speaking of which, how are the 1/48's holding up?

Thanks everyone.

Mine are still all fine, I actually ordered my VF-1J Max from Angolz, excellent price, really insane price actually. His valk is fine, as is Miria's, they were both later releases that came with fast packs, so they're pretty awesome, I'd say grab em while they got em, I really didn't think they'd last at that price.

My 1/48 Max was perfect and held up quite well for a long time, until I gave him to my brother and converted my entire collection save 2 valks to 1/60 v.2 Vf-1s. It's a good buy.

Edited by kanedaestes

That is a good price ,toy-wave.com has 1/48 Max vf-1j for $93.00.

(but sometimes their abit slow with updating the website,so email them and ask if it,s current stock listing and still available)

;)

Wait, less than $100 for a fast packed 1/48? Nice, I'd probably jump on that if I wanted more 1/48s, but the 1/60s are just easier to manage, and I really like the sturdy booster attachment.

Though as far as quality goes, the 1/48 M&M 1Js were near the end of the 1/48 production line, and the molds had degraded some I've heard. The Hikaru 1J I have has some issues with the nose/intake alignment. Nothing serious, but some parts don't match up as well as they should.

It's a good price, as mentioned by many people. I got my 1/48 Super VF-1J M&M at around US$200. No problem with both valk in 3 modes. The plastic do feel abit cheaper than the ones used for V.2. 1/60. Do note that the stickers ain't exactly great as the clear boundaries will show up.

*Btw be careful of the thighs or air intakes on the hips. My 1/48 VF-1S both thighs breaks upon bringing the legs down.

I own about 50 of the 1:48's. They are MUCH better quality than the V2 1/60's. The only issues are:

1. Some of them have slight gaps. The biggest issue is my 1:48 Miria, which has a gap between the cockpit when the canopy is closed. Honestly, it's not that bad either. But it is there.

2. Some of the rubber comes loose on the hips. It's an easy fix.

in

3. Be careful of the BP-8 part. This is the hinge where the tail fins of the fighter fold into the "backpack" in battroid. Use caution when attaching superparts or GBP's. I've heard stories of this part breaking (has not happened to me yet, knock on wood). Two of my Valks have slight stress marks at this point. Luckily, SILVERDRAGON on the boards makes a replacement part.

Overall, the 1:48's are probably the most durable of the valks, behind the 1:55 chunky monkey. Watch a few you tube videos on how to transform it, follow the directions carefully the first few times you do the transformation yourself, and you'll learn how the parts fit into place. Do this, and you should NOT have any issues with breakage. :D

Enjoy!

Only thing I would worry about is the thigh section behind the intake where the legs fold down. I created a thread here in the past that shows that I had poorly molded piece that just disintegrated on me. The vendor sent me another but it was the wrong color :(, but thats ok as I have it in a GBP-1S and it's not visible. This only happened to me once and it was on a VF-1J Hikaru.

Here is the link: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32155&st=0&p=820399&fromsearch=1entry820399

Edited by Loop

Only thing I would worry about is the thigh section behind the intake where the legs fold down. I created a thread here in the past that shows that I had poorly molded piece that just disintegrated on me. The vendor sent me another but it was the wrong color :(, but thats ok as I have it in a GBP-1S and it's not visible. This only happened to me once and it was on a VF-1J Hikaru.

Here is the link: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32155&st=0&p=820399&fromsearch=1entry820399

I'm sorry that happened to you, Loop.

I had a few of the V.2 1/60's break on me, so I know the feeling. :(