Yeah so in case you were still wondering or debating...

What the doctor whispered to Rick and what was already established in the comic books...EVERYONE IS INFECTED...you die, you reanimate.

Yeah, last nights episode pretty much let the cat out of the bag regarding Jenner's whisper to Rick. And I got the feeling that Glenn and Daryl kinda got the clue, with that OH, CRAP look they gave each other after finishing off Randall.

They did get sort of a double whammy because Daryl established that Shane was lying and killed this guy at the same time as well.

Yeah, last nights episode pretty much let the cat out of the bag regarding Jenner's whisper to Rick. And I got the feeling that Glenn and Daryl kinda got the clue, with that OH, CRAP look they gave each other after finishing off Randall.

Can't wait for next weeks episode...

shiz is gonna hit the fan(thanks to Carl, again)!

Why did the shot from Rick not alarm the walkers??

Why did the shot from Rick not alarm the walkers??

Near as I can figure, the first shot that Shane fired as he was being stabbed, might not have registered with the group of walkers. But the second one from Carl might have brought them out of their stupor. Or maybe it was just a glaring plot hole :p

Love the we avatar Myk!

Chris

Yes! Lol. Yeah it's pretty clear what the scientist in the CDC said to Rick. Pretty depressing, huh...

This is my field rifle. What I'm gonna use when the S.H.T.F. That and the 5000 rounds of 62 grain steel core 5.56x45mm that I got in my safe. I also have a K-Bar for a fighting knife and a H&K .45 USP as a sidearm.

Other than that:

Goodbye Shane. You were a nutcase, but you were my kind of nutcase.

my-zombie-killer.jpg

Shane broke Randall's neck. Then Shane pretended that he was blindsided while Randall was escaping.

What made me go "hmmm" was Rick's allowing he and Shane to go out as far as they did; Rick knew what was going on, what was going to happen. I guess he knew they needed to play their issues out to their conclusion...

Now I'm the furthest thing from a gun expert, but silencers don't really make that much of a difference. It's major advantage is to make the shots NOT sound like a gunshot and lessen the noise somewhat, but on open ground, the sound still carries quite far. In fact, you'd still need protection for your ears even with a silencer.

I got all that out of the Discovery channel, in case you wonder.

Now I'm the furthest thing from a gun expert, but silencers don't really make that much of a difference. It's major advantage is to make the shots NOT sound like a gunshot and lessen the noise somewhat, but on open ground, the sound still carries quite far. In fact, you'd still need protection for your ears even with a silencer.

I got all that out of the Discovery channel, in case you wonder.

Wow I didn't know that; damn me for canceling my cable, lol.

Shark jumped

"Cool looking" hooded guy with two chained walkers and a sword? Walker Hunter D? *sigh*

Michonne, That charater is straight from the comic. Quite cool but an example of comic direct translation may not be the best.

SIlencers are not the hollywood air gun sound but they do work and help. Did not see the discovery channel program but caliber, powder load, type of silencer, and type of weapon are all factors. The sound of the weapon isn't just the discharge either but the function of the action and many other things.

Yet, seeing how a gunshot is ringing the dinner bell they need to do something about it.

The better term for a "silencer" is a suppressor. Its effectiveness depends on the caliber and type of ammo used. With a suppressor if you are using super sonic ammo you will still hear the bullet breaking the sound barrier where as if a sub sonic ammo was used you will only hear the action of the gun.

Edited by badboy00z

Yeah, they tried to make her exactly like in the comics and it came off as too silly/otherworldly/comic book-ish to be a good idea at all. This whole episode seemed rushed/forced to me.

From a post on AICN: "Why not introduce Batman to The Walking Dead? It would be just as realistic as a tiny black Ninja chick with a pair of armless zombies on a chain.......for frakk sake...."

Edited by Duke Togo

Michonne, That charater is straight from the comic. Quite cool but an example of comic direct translation may not be the best.

SIlencers are not the hollywood air gun sound but they do work and help. Did not see the discovery channel program but caliber, powder load, type of silencer, and type of weapon are all factors. The sound of the weapon isn't just the discharge either but the function of the action and many other things.

Yet, seeing how a gunshot is ringing the dinner bell they need to do something about it.

The better term for a "silencer" is a suppressor. Its effectiveness depends on the caliber and type of ammo used. With a suppressor if you are using super sonic ammo you will still hear the bullet breaking the sound barrier where as if a sub sonic ammo was used you will only hear the action of the gun.

Good points. I'd totally forgotten about the role of sub-sonic bullets. Just out of curiosity, how many shots on average can you fire before the exhaust [or whatever the residue from the gun powder is called] clogs up the suppressor, rendering it useless? I'm talking about the ones for handguns.

Like I said, furthest thing from a gun expert here.

But in the case of the characters in The Walking Dead, these guy mainly get their guns and ammo from guns stores, dead policemen, and the occasional national guards. None of these sources would be likely to have silencers aka sound suppressors equipped. Not so sure about homemade silencers, though.

And about that Michonne character, I think she works better as a support character for the RE LAM series than The Walking Dead. Too stylized, and kind of ruins the relative realism of the latter.

From a post on AICN: "Why not introduce Batman to The Walking Dead? It would be just as realistic as a tiny black Ninja chick with a pair of armless zombies on a chain.......for frakk sake...."

You sayin it, I just remembered the fan-movie of Left 4 Dead.

Fan boy rage at it finest. First people complain that the show broke too far away from the comic. Now people complain because it's too close to the comic. You guys should be proud.

Never read the comic, and I have no desire to read the comic. There isn't any "fan boy rage" going on here. I watched the show on it's own merits, and the show just lost me.

Same here. The last time I read a comic was when I was seven. I've always liked my movies to have a touch of realism, although I can still appreciate action movies that don't take themselves too seriously.

IMO, it would be a bad move for The Walking Dead to go down the live action RE path. Just my two cents' worth.

Whether it's too close to the comic or not isn't a point that concerns me. Now, a hooded ninja character with a gleaming sword and two pet walkers, or a group of characters who are suddenly lamenting Shane's death when no one really seemed to care either way for him up to this point makes me think, "forced, rushed, bad writing/story planning," etc. I've been a staunch supporter of the television show, fending off savage attacks from comic book fanbois that are almost like a group of hungry walkers, but they've left things off on a very odd note...

Good points. I'd totally forgotten about the role of sub-sonic bullets. Just out of curiosity, how many shots on average can you fire before the exhaust [or whatever the residue from the gun powder is called] clogs up the suppressor, rendering it useless? I'm talking about the ones for handguns.

I have no idea on how many shots it would take to clog up the suppressor but they are made so you can take them apart and clean them.

Never read the comic, and I have no desire to read the comic. There isn't any "fan boy rage" going on here. I watched the show on it's own merits, and the show just lost me.

I've never read the comic either, though I'm relatively familiar with the path it has taken versus the show because I looked it up out of curiosity. I was interested in the show because I thought it would make an interesting story. It is ripe with commentary on society and human condition. It looks like the writers either lost their minds or have been steered too far towards appeasing whiny comic book fans because the inclusion of sword girl with zombie pets was completely off tonally from the show. Deviations from source material as long as they make sense within the context of the work I have no problem with, but last night they obviously were just jumping from point A to point B with no thought to how it would affect anything.

The semi-lamenting of Shane's loss I'm less concerned about, because it was more about the groups shining leader Rick falling from grace in their eyes then it was losing Shane as a member. Though they're pushing Rick into wild-eyed, Shane-like, territory way too quick now.

Same here. The last time I read a comic was when I was seven. I've always liked my movies to have a touch of realism, although I can still appreciate action movies that don't take themselves too seriously.

IMO, it would be a bad move for The Walking Dead to go down the live action RE path. Just my two cents' worth.

Right because a world filled with zombies is an incredible touch of realism to begin with... :rolleyes:

Relax people, Michonne might be a bad ass but is far from being a super hero type. She's in for a rough time when the Governor makes his appearance. Who I read is going to be played by David Morrisey.

Right because a world filled with zombies is an incredible touch of realism to begin with... :rolleyes:

That's a cop-out argument. No other person/human in the show so far has come off like they were super-human or otherworldly. The introduction of Michonne with the zombies on chains does not keep in context with the rest of the show tonally or visually up to this point. Based on the first two seasons she's out of context... and that's a problem.

That's a cop-out argument. No other person/human in the show so far has come off like they were super-human or otherworldly. The introduction of Michonne with the zombies on chains does not keep in context with the rest of the show tonally or visually up to this point. Based on the first two seasons she's out of context... and that's a problem.

What makes her other worldly? The fact she uses a kitana? The zombies have their jaws and arms taken off on purpose and her reasoning for that is their stench helps keeps others away. Darryl prefers a crossbow to a gun, does that make him other worldly? Not to mention his very nice pearl neck...I mean zombie ear necklace.

Seriously I think you guys are getting way too carried away with this then it merits. Like someone said, so much griping on how they've gone sideways from the comic and here they introduce her almost in the exact same context as the source material and its nerd rage city.

Also, its been months since it all went to the shitter, its very fair to say there are survivors that have become very crafty and skilled in ways to stay alive, so after two seasons its not out of context. Its an introduction to the frakked up way the world has changed people. Before the dead rose she was a lawyer who took fencing in college and stole that kitana from a neighbor upon her escape...there hope thats enough to settle you people down.