on the EW article, it looks like it'll be debuted on Halloween again. .

HI all,

PUHHHlease tell me that their budget is bigger than Zombie makeup??? As i'd hope that the next shows seasons are NOT limited to 6 eps!

Though gotta admit, i'm of the same mind of those who think the Zombies have been giving excellent attention!

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

THE WALKING DEAD---Frank Darabont has fired Season 1's writing team and will replace them with freelance writers. Executive producer Charles Eglee was also fired. Darabont wrote Season 1's first two episodes and co-wrote the other four.

What happened, did they ask for more money?

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

THE WALKING DEAD---Frank Darabont has fired Season 1's writing team and will replace them with freelance writers. Executive producer Charles Eglee was also fired. Darabont wrote Season 1's first two episodes and co-wrote the other four.

I can only wonder why. I hope this didn't happen to make way for writers that will have our characters jumping off of walls to kick zombie dogs in their faces, and stuff like that...

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

Yup, recipe for disaster. Hmm, deja vu...

...but this show looks like another one that'll die after only 1 season [no pun intended].

I really have to start watching Breaking Bad.

It's pure awesome. My favorite AMC show.

Rubicon was shaping up to be my 2nd fav but it got cancelled at the end of the first season. I blame the success/ratings of the Walking Dead. :( Oh well. Walking Dead rocks too.

Mad Men I could take it or leave it. It's written and acted very well, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the show, but in the end it's just a drama. I enjoy a little more suspense/danger in my TV watching.

I'm also looking forward to The Killing, and pretty much any original series AMC puts out.

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

:( This doesn't bode well...

What happened, did they ask for more money?

Hi all,

Haha, Darabont probably wants more to himself! Hey guys, I wouldn't get too upset jus yet, seeing as he wrote the 1st 2 eps., and cowrote the remaining ones... Yes, alas, this is MW....

i'm a huge fan of the comic book but not so much the series, it's hard to explain but it's missing the pull of the book. it's almost got a stephen kings the stand tv movie vibe going for it. it shouldn't.

Same here. Huge fan of the comic book, but still undecided about the series.

Graham

i'm a huge fan of the comic book but not so much the series, it's hard to explain but it's missing the pull of the book. it's almost got a stephen kings the stand tv movie vibe going for it. it shouldn't.

I like both, but I do agree with you that the comic is much better than the TV series.

I know AMC wants to keep the series gory like the comic, but I wonder how they'll handle the Woodbury story arc. A lot of crazy, messed up stuff happened there.

What's the cause of the outbreak? Is it a virus like any other zombie move/ game?

Probably...they haven't revealed it yet...but considering the survivors made it inside the CDC, they are sure to find out this Sunday.

The symptoms and spread of the disease are typical for the genre.

Edited by Zor Primus

In tradition Romero (the king of the Zombie genre) movies, the cause is never made clear.

Graham

It remains to be seen if it's only the bite victims turn into walkers, or if it includes all the recently deceased. I remember reading that the show creators treated Night of the Living Dead as their bible.

I wonder if the soldier in the tank had starved waiting for help. If he'd been been bitten, he probably would've gotten suicidal like Jim. He did have a loaded gun after all. Purely conjecture, though.

It remains to be seen if it's only the bite victims turn into walkers, or if it includes all the recently deceased. I remember reading that the show creators treated Night of the Living Dead as their bible.

If they're fallowing the comic, everyone is already infected and when you die you turn.

Well, I just ordered the Walking Dead Compendium comic from amazon. it contains the first 4 books.

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291506963&sr=8-1

It's only about $10 more than just 1 individual book.....though it is in paperback as opposed to hardcover like the individual compilatiion book's. Hope I like it! Love the show, and it wouldn't be the first time a show got me into a book series before, I LOVE the Dresden files books and would've never found them if it wasn't for the show....which as it turns out, very different from the novels, but still good in it's own right IMO.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Anybody hear any casting news? I'm curious who the producers are going to pick to play Michonne.

Some posters on IMDB's forums were playing "Lets Cast The Walking Dead" and Gina Torres's name was thrown out there. I think she'd be a pretty good choice.

torresgina1.jpg

michonne.jpg

Danny Trejo for the Governor and i'm all good. :p

Machete, machete...

Edited by dreamweaver13

I was utterly disappointed with the season finale. I hope that's the last time we see virtual-intelligences, big fancy computers/labs, and thermobaric explosions in this series. The season finale is the antithesis of what makes the comic great.

Hmmmm......that doesn't sound good. Sounds like they are copying the Resident Evil movies. What next zombie dogs in The Walking Dead?

Graham

Nothing in the way of a good cliffhangar either-the season finale was very tepid. I don't know about you guys, but it certainly won't hold my interest until October in the year 2268 when this series is supposed to start up again.

Question: just what kind of force or energy would that M1A1 tank be able to absorb or tolerate? For example, would you be able to survive ground zero at a nuclear event, or something like it? What kind of damage would the tank suffer-could it remain operational?

Edited by myk

Nothing in the way of a good cliffhangar either-the season finale was very tepid. I don't know about you guys, but it certainly won't hold my interest until October in the year 2268 when this series is supposed to start up again.

Question: just what kind of force or energy would that M1A1 tank be able to absorb or tolerate? For example, would you be able to survive ground zero at a nuclear event, or something like it? What kind of damage would the tank suffer-could it remain operational?

No way is an Abrams surviving a direct nuclear blast. I think a large IED would be able to disable one.

M1A1 has an NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) overpressure system to protect the occupants. I doubt it'd survive being near a nuclear blast, but being able to operate in an NBC environment? Yes it can.

FAS: M1 Abrams "Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) warfare protection is provided by an overpressure clean-air conditioning air system, a radiological warning system, and a chemical agent detector. The crew are individually equipped with protective suits and masks."

The tanks that they showed in the show weren't Abrams. Not quite sure what they were, but I'm guessing they were mocking them up to be M1's. They weren't old M60 series of tanks or anything related to it coming out of the US after WWII.

So was the CDC episode purely an invention of the TV series? Because it did feel quite out of place. Also, as nifty as the brainscan graphics were, it seemed to contradict some of what we'd seen earlier. If only the brainstem is active, why does shooting the zombies in the forhead work? I don't think any of the headshots portrayed in the series were angled right to take out the brainstem. Also, if absolutely nothing remains of the original person, why was Morgan's wife trying to get back in the house?

The tanks that they showed in the show weren't Abrams. Not quite sure what they were, but I'm guessing they were mocking them up to be M1's. They weren't old M60 series of tanks or anything related to it coming out of the US after WWII.

Indeed, they were made up to look like Abrams, but not the real McCoy [budget constraints?]. I think they were in fact m60 Patton tank(s), with very creative "applique" armor [maybe plywood, for all we know? or maybe just sheet steel, so they could tack weld in places to original turret/hull?] to give the silhouette of the M1A1.