Okay so without giving away any names they killed a series regular.  I just watched it and it was one of the more interesting characters.  This season started with both Rick & Maggie actors leaving the show.   The character who died tonight could have filled in the gaps. 

9 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Okay so without giving away any names they killed a series regular.  I just watched it and it was one of the more interesting characters.  This season started with both Rick & Maggie actors leaving the show.   The character who died tonight could have filled in the gaps. 

Agreed, it's either the writers keep wanting to move forward from the Comic book story line or that actor wanted off the show. 

We'll have to wait until February to see what happens. 

• 1 year later...

I still watch but more or less because it became a Sunday night thing to do. The last season wasn't to bad but over all, ever since TERMINUS this show started to fail. 

Fear The Walking Dead is an Epic failure though compared to WD. 

• 2 weeks later...

This show had been bad for a while, now it's officially a smelly steaming pile. 

It's frustrating that these studios have that kind of money for production with such terrible dialogue & plot as a result. 

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's frustrating that these studios have that kind of money for production with such terrible dialogue & plot as a result. 

Is this the Star Trek: Picard thread, or The Rise of Skywalker?  They're all such disappointments, I really can't keep track any more.  :(

I suppose most franchises have about five or six good years in them, at most.  :unknw:

watched it until the failed retaliation against Negan. After that, I just gave up watching this. (I really felt that that season was pretty drawn out unnecessarily and I dont want to repeat it)

Did I miss anything or should I continue on not watching this? My wife kept on insisting to continue watching this but with no end in sight and most of the outlet tells me it was bad, I really dont mind missing it.

43 minutes ago, tekering said:

Is this the Star Trek: Picard thread, or The Rise of Skywalker?  They're all such disappointments, I really can't keep track any more.  :(

I suppose most franchises have about five or six good years in them, at most.  :unknw:

@tekering You left out Last Jedi but yeah they're all bad. As for WD, getting bogged down in Alexandria is where the show began to fail. When Rick and his crew were on the road & being in constant danger made the show a lot of fun, plus far better writing compared to now. 

@chyll2 Walking Dead was really good IMHO just until after TERMINUS. After that it's been a steady decline to pretty much a burning dumpster. 

Alexandria isn't the problem, the writing was the problem.  I dropped it the season Negan showed up.  The Plot stupidity was unbearable by then.  When the characters KNOW there is an enemy out there watching them they all decide to wander off on their own.  

The 2 characters who fought each other last night should have bled to death.  Both of them collapsed, unable to move for 12+ hours and bled the entire time.  They were rescued but their saviors didn't seem to even have a first aid kit to treat them with.  Watching an unconscious person isn't going help them if they've got no blood nor will it stop those cut wounds from getting infected.

6 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Alexandria isn't the problem, the writing was the problem.  I dropped it the season Negan showed up.  The Plot stupidity was unbearable by then.  When the characters KNOW there is an enemy out there watching them they all decide to wander off on their own.  

Bad writing for sure and the scene where Negan showed up, standing on the other side of the gate to Alexandria doing his "Three Little Pigs" routine drove me nuts because you clearly see at least 10 armed people of Rick's crew on the other side rocking M-16's & Shotguns. I was like I know this is a show based on a comic book but just shoot him... right there & then, done!! One of the many cringey scenes at that point. 

As of last nights episode they're down to spears, knifes and what looks like Roman Army shields and a shotgun or two. 

@Roy Focker   That too, I get they don't want to kill off Daryl but that knife went right through his leg and I'm pretty sure right next to Femoral Artery  which is pretty much a death sentence. Again with bad writing, last week Daryl tells Carol not to run off and go solo and yet last night he does just that. 

I went to Netflix after the show ended to watch Sabrina & HBO's The Outsider... the night improved! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

As of last nights episode they're down to spears, knifes and what looks like Roman Army shields and a shotgun or two. 

When Fighting Zombies that works pretty well.  Little noise and if you do it right they can't reach you.  A Roman Phalanx would be perfect.  Or one of the medieval equivalents.

12 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

When Fighting Zombies that works pretty well.  Little noise and if you do it right they can't reach you.  A Roman Phalanx would be perfect.  Or one of the medieval equivalents.

For Zombies/Walkers is just fine yet for Alpha , Beta and their crew some rifles would be much better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...