Finally caught up with the season finale. Hopefully they don't wuss out and stick with comic's storyline.

I want them to off Maggie or Daryl. I'm cruel like that...

While I wasn't watching, that's when I stopped.

It showed me that nothing good was going to come from this show. It was all going to be sadness, struggle and loss...

Pass.

That is the appeal! Same can be applied to other high rated shows like Game of Thrones for example. As Rocky Balboa said, 'the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.'

That is the appeal! Same can be applied to other high rated shows like Game of Thrones for example. As Rocky Balboa said, 'the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.'

Exactly. If the harshness of a cruel and evil world is too much to watch there's always Sesame Street or one of the My Little Pony features...

• 2 months later...

I bet you they're going to stretch this out even longer. First episodes of the new season will be about the characters who weren't there and what they were doing. Then there will be an flashback episode about Nagen's past. We'll eventually see an episode after the fact where they'll show at least half of the potential victims still alive. In that episode everyone is still dealing with what happened. But then in the next episode after that we see that the other half of the potential victims are still alive as well? What's going on - Surprise it is just Rick hallucinating again like after his wife was killed off. One of them is dead but Rick is still imagining that they are still alive and part of the group. Eventually they'll tell us who got killed by the mid season break.

I bet you they're going to stretch this out even longer. First episodes of the new season will be about the characters who weren't there and what they were doing. Then there will be an flashback episode about Nagen's past. We'll eventually see an episode after the fact where they'll show at least half of the potential victims still alive. In that episode everyone is still dealing with what happened. But then in the next episode after that we see that the other half of the potential victims are still alive as well? What's going on - Surprise it is just Rick hallucinating again like after his wife was killed off. One of them is dead but Rick is still imagining that they are still alive and part of the group. Eventually they'll tell us who got killed by the mid season break.

Ha!

If that happens, and parts of it actually are plausible given this show's past, then I'll get my Walking Dead updates by reading this thread, the last season finale already has me ready to jump ship. If they don't immediately reveal who died, I'll kill my time by spending more quality time with my PS4.

-b.

I was surprised they were bringing in Shiva with Ezekiel...going to be interesting to see how its going to be pulled off. The teaser was great. Season 7 looks to be on par with what Season 3 and 4 were. Negan is going to make the Governor look like Mr Rogers

• 2 months later...

Yeah i agree. That was so awesome. It almost makes up for the boring season.

I'm amazed that they ended up off that bitch Chris the way they did it. I remember saying to my wife that i'd be impressed if they actually go through with this and not have it be a fake out. And BAM it happens. Another good thing is they allow Travis to have his revenge on those punks. Usually shows will have the character talked out of enacting their revenge and to do the right thing. Seriously it was one of the most satisfying moments in TV in recent times including GoT season 6.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang, that was crazy. I didn't see the second one coming.

Me neither, I thought they were going to bypass the Comic book there for a second, then Glenn went down like a sack of potatoes. I had a $100.00 on Abraham going down first.

Playing Devil's Advocate here but Rick's gang did blow up one of their patrols and murdered everyone at one of their outpost. Rick declared war on them. As we've seen previously all violent conflicts between gangs of survivors ends with one side dead. After capturing Rick's gang Negan could have just killed them all. Instead of killing everyone most were spared. There was also a reason for Negan's sick mind games. If Rick didn't break then Negan would be left with no choice but to kill them all. If he captured and let them all go unharmed Rick's gang would come back and try to kill them. This way they are no longer a "threat" to Negan. If they're were still seen as a threat everyone would have to die.

I was expecting them to cop out and off Abraham or Daryl and save Glenn since he was such a fan fave in the show, When Negan turned around and splatted Glenn I was a little caught off guard, even though I knew from the comics it needed to happen to harden Maggie for her future role. Still, I'm glad they didnt' pull any punches, eye popped out, trash talk and all

Playing Devil's Advocate here but Rick's gang did blow up one of their patrols and murdered everyone at one of their outpost. Rick declared war on them. As we've seen previously all violent conflicts between gangs of survivors ends with one side dead. After capturing Rick's gang Negan could have just killed them all. Instead of killing everyone most were spared. There was also a reason for Negan's sick mind games. If Rick didn't break then Negan would be left with no choice but to kill them all. If he captured and let them all go unharmed Rick's gang would come back and try to kill them. This way they are no longer a "threat" to Negan. If they're were still seen as a threat everyone would have to die.

Rick is just a failed leader, period. Circumstances may be different if he had gathered Intel and reconnaissance before he brazenly attacked Negan's people. Remember how arrogant he was in season 6, talking about how they would just "take" what they wanted or needed from anyone outside of their group? I said it back then and I'm saying it now: pride comes before the fall, and Rick's group has fallen HARD...

Are we talking comic or tv versions of both? I'd say the comic version of the Governor was more brutal than the comic version of Negan; however for the tv versions I'd reverse that assessment, maybe. Also, I'd say the comic version of the Governor was more brutal than the tv version of the same character

Edited by myk